Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,518
Default Clock Ticking On AD?

Quote:
Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
Following Following @ShamsCharania
More
New Orleans star Anthony Davis has signed with agent Rich Paul of Klutch.

Isn't good news for Pelicans fans.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 18,950
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

I donít think Iíd even have an agent if I were on his level. Nobody is gonna even consider offering him less than the max they can. I donít know what rich can do money wise.

The obvious concern would be him wanting him in LA with Lebron but he doesnít need an agent to arrange that.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,589
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

He could be making the change to get more off court endorsements and other opportunities like TV appearances.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
E_Stamkos
Friendliest Poster :)
 
E_Stamkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,065
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Focus on the game. Find a trusted agent to handle all the off court shit.
E_Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #5
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star
 
kurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,572
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I donít think Iíd even have an agent if I were on his level. Nobody is gonna even consider offering him less than the max they can. I donít know what rich can do money wise.

The obvious concern would be him wanting him in LA with Lebron but he doesnít need an agent to arrange that.
stars make a lot of money outside of salary
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #6
Hamtaro CP3KDKG
Time fo sleep
 
Hamtaro CP3KDKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,328
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

getting cucked by Cousins after he wore his jersey at the AS game prolly did it for him
Hamtaro CP3KDKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:09 PM   #7
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,933
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
stars make a lot of money outside of salary

I think everyone needs an agent. The only people who might not are people like td and dirk but that'd be way late in their career. Even if you have the full max you need a guy out there doin work for you, talking to teams, being cutthroat. And if he ever goes too far you can be like o that's just my agent if you negotiate yourself it seems like you have a lot more potential for being guilted by the franchise into taking less money or coming off as a dick when you demand the max. It's prolly worth whatever cut they get

Can't imagine dude is some agent genius but he knows how to get people paid. Didn't he get a bunch of cavs guys paid like tt?

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #8
tanibanana
Local High School Star
 
tanibanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,504
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Honestly I see this as positive.. well for Davis.
tanibanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #9
bobopenguin
College star
 
bobopenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,063
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Lakers need a true star post lebron era.
AD is gonna be our guy.
bobopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:23 AM   #10
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star
 
Hey Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,139
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Bill Simmons:

As I said a few weeks ago - just start selling the Davis/Lakers jerseys now.
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #11
chocolatethunder
Great college starter
 
chocolatethunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,710
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Hopefully this will work out better than when Noel fired his agent and took Rich Paulís advice lol
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #12
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 6,419
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
Bill Simmons:

As I said a few weeks ago - just start selling the Davis/Lakers jerseys now.
If this happens, it better not be next summer.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:04 AM   #13
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star
 
Hey Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,139
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
If this happens, it better not be next summer.
He's under contract and won't be a UFA until 2021.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orle...y-davis-10809/
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #14
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,940
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I think everyone needs an agent. The only people who might not are people like td and dirk but that'd be way late in their career. Even if you have the full max you need a guy out there doin work for you, talking to teams, being cutthroat. And if he ever goes too far you can be like o that's just my agent if you negotiate yourself it seems like you have a lot more potential for being guilted by the franchise into taking less money or coming off as a dick when you demand the max. It's prolly worth whatever cut they get

Can't imagine dude is some agent genius but he knows how to get people paid. Didn't he get a bunch of cavs guys paid like tt?

-Smak


Eric Bledsoe, another RP client, had a little hold out too.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #15
Haymaker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Haymaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,216
Default Re: Clock Ticking On AD?

Signing to a well connected agent like Rich Paul has its benefits outside of basketball too such as business and investment opportunities via networking and resources sharing.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy