Default The Minnesota Curse Continues

Quote Originally Posted by shuttlesworth
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 19m19 minutes ago
    Minnesota's Shabazz Muhammad will undergo surgery on his finger and miss the rest of season, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Along with:

-never moving up in the lottery
    -only getting our slot in the draft ONE time (pretty sure it was Derrick Williams)
    -David Kahn
    -All of our "safe" draft picks turn out to be utterly terrible (Wesley Johnson and Derrick Williams)
    -our good players always get terrible injuries (Love, Rubio, Pek, Martin)

Christ, this franchise cannot catch a break, no pun intended. At least there is a chance for KG to come in and change the culture both when he steps on the court and then inevitably buys the Wolves. All it takes to turn a franchise around is a culture change. We need that badly.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Default Re: The Minnesota Curse Continues

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Along with:

-only getting our slot in the draft ONE time (pretty sure it was Derrick Williams)
    -David Kahn
    -All of our "safe" draft picks turn out to be utterly terrible (Wesley Johnson and Derrick Williams)

Christ, this franchise cannot catch a break, no pun intended. At least there is a chance for KG to come in and change the culture both when he steps on the court and then inevitably buys the Wolves. All it takes to turn a franchise around is a culture change. We need that badly.
    They have next season. There's always another season (we hope). This season is not as important with the wins of course. Shabazz will get better. We have to be glad it's not a knee or ankle. Speedy recovery.

edit: notice the majority of the stuff you posted is in the past now. Wiggins, Lavine turning out pretty good. Shabazz turning out good but injured now. Dieng turning out well and he was a late 2nd rounder. Love gone and it's time to move up in the lottery for once!
    Last edited by 04mzwach; 02-21-2015 at 09:10 PM.

National High School Star

Along with:

-David Kahn

Tbh i would like to see you win as little games as possible, and i mean it in the nicest way possible. Even if you dont get the #1 pick you still have a better chance with getting top3.

You guys want Towns, right?

10 straight seasons in the lottery. Sucks. I do think Wiggins will be your savior. I dont like you gave Pek all that money. I guess you had no choice, I dont remember the situation. Hopefully you can move that deal if you land an Okafor. Or you can go Towns, that an upside/potential pick. Russell and Wiggins would have been dope but you just gave Rubio his extension. Who would the Wolves rank in this draft. The top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    10 straight seasons in the lottery. Sucks. I do think Wiggins will be your savior. I dont like you gave Pek all that money. I guess you had no choice, I dont remember the situation. Hopefully you can move that deal if you land an Okafor. Or you can go Towns, that an upside/potential pick. Russell and Wiggins would have been dope but you just gave Rubio his extension. Who would the Wolves rank in this draft. The top 5.
    Flip just caved on Pek. He has been a pretty good GM but that was a fail move. The money wasn't necessarily bad at the time but 5 years was.

As for who we might take and or want, I don't know. Everyday I talk myself into someone knew. Shabazz has the talent to be a great scorer (but not much else) but he isn't a great shooter. Probably best in a 6th man role but not out of the question that a Rubio/Wig/Bazz backcourt could work. Towns scares me a bit because his offensive game seems really, really raw. Russell would look amazing here with his super quick release and 3 point ball. Any big man who can dominate down low will help a franchise out.

Overall, I think I want a big in this draft. After we move out of the top 3 and lose out on Okafor/Towns/Russell, I hope we go after WCS. He has the potential to be similar to Tyson Chandler.

Damn it. Shabazz is having a good season. 14 ppg on 49 FG%.

Decent college freshman

Tough blow, he's worked hard to make himself better and he finally started getting some mins this year. He actually plays well next to Wiggins, since he forces the bigger wing to guard him and allows Wiggins to get matched up against a smaller player. At least this should open up some minutes for GR3 right? I might be wrong, but pretty sure he's a RFA this summer. I'm interested to see him showcase his abilities, especially with a healthy Rubio feeding him. Plus, Lavine can get some more PT I suppose.

Also stinks that Bennett got injured. I know he hasn't shown much, but with the T. Young trade, he could have seen an uptick in minutes. At least Payne should get a consistent rotation spot now. Is the plan for KG to mostly be inactive or just play home games or what? I know he probably wants some PT, but I'd like to see Flip play the young guys.

cool guy

Wolves could've been contenders right now if it weren't for David Kahn's draft choices in 2009.

Could've had Stephen Curry AND DeMar DeRozan. Instead, he picked Rubio and Jonny Flynn (A guy who hasn't played in the NBA for a couple years now). I feel bad for the fans, honestly.

Along with:

-David Kahn

Is a finger injury to Shabazz Muhammed really curse worthy?