Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Who Wins? College vs Euro

Quote Originally Posted by eprizzle14
    Are you saying that Trajon Langdon is a better player then Ben Gordon not sure but if thats the case then youre sadly mistaken
    I might be mistaken in your opinion,but that is my opinion.Trajan langdon is a better player than Gordon in my opinion.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    I might be mistaken in your opinion,but that is my opinion.Trajan langdon is a better player than Gordon in my opinion.
    Ben Gordon averages 18 a game in the NBA and Trajon averages 12 over seas. Trajon shoots 45% in the international 3pt line where as Gordon Shoots 42% from NBA line.(they botch got Jimmy) Trajon averages less then 1 assist per game where as Gordon gets about 4 a game. In conclusion, I want some of what youre smoking

Ben Gordon averages 18 a game in the NBA and Trajon averages 12 over seas. Trajon shoots 45% in the international 3pt line where as Gordon Shoots 42% from NBA line.(they botch got Jimmy) Trajon averages less then 1 assist per game where as Gordon gets about 4 a game. In conclusion, I want some of what youre smoking
    In the nba they play more minutes.In the NBA any pass that leads to a basket is an assist,in europe it isn't.you can't compare stats.At CSKA Langdon had Smodis,Papaloukas,Siskaukas and Anderson taking as many or a lot more shots than him.In Chicago Gordon takes the most shots.If you judge a player by stats then you obviously don't understand the game and what makes a good player.The most important thing in basketball is not even a stat :decision making.As I say you are entitled to your opinion,let me have mine.As for the (they botch got jimmy) I am lost there mate,don't know what you mean.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    As for the (they botch got jimmy) I am lost there mate,don't know what you mean.
    i meant they both got jimmy or as Dicky V would say "these kids can really shoot the trifecta

i meant they both got jimmy or as Dicky V would say "these kids can really shoot the trifecta

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Or you could just say they can both shoot 3 pointers. Nobody knows who Dicky V is unless you watch college basketball or know a thing or 2 about it. This is an international forum, you should remember that most people aren't American here.

NBA lottery pick

Well, we have another one to talk about. It looks like Josh Childress has officially signed with Greece for the Euroleague's largest contract ever. He is not a great NBA player but a good player off the bench. He was the 6th man in Atlanta and probably would have been wherever he would have ended up. I guess we now get to see what a guy who would have averaged about 12ppg in the NBA and was a college star can do overseas.

These are the types of deals that are going to make the Euroleague a little better talent wise but hurt financially. Since there is no salary cap they can offer those types of players huge contracts that the player isn't worth to get them to go overseas. I definately don't see it as being the last time this happens.

I think Olympiakos might have just shot themselves in the foot.Paying Childress more than they are going to pay their star signing(Papaloukas),surely he won't be impressed,I hope it doesn't lead to internal problems.Anyway Olympiakos are clearly fed up of playing second fiddle to panathinaikos and clearly want that to stop.Papaluokas,childress,Vujcic(did they sign him?),Halperin,a fit Schortsanitis,an ever incresingly better vasilipoulos.I am pretty sure Papaloukas isn't that far away in money anyway.Great side.CSKA look good even after their two loses,barca looking good,panathinaikos too,I think its going to be another great Euroleague season.

NBA lottery pick

Are they rumored to sign Sasha Vujacic away from the Lakers? I hadn't heard that one yet.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

I never understood how Sasha Vujacic is a nba player and someone like Raviv Limonad or fill-in-the-blank player never got a chance. My only rationale is that basketball is more like a collection of businesses than a real tier system.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 07-24-2008 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Are they rumored to sign Sasha Vujacic away from the Lakers? I hadn't heard that one yet.
    Nikola Vujcic, from Maccabi, not Sasha Vujacic.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    I never understood how Sasha Vujacic is a nba player and someone like Raviv Limonad or fill-in-the-blank player never got a chance. My only rationale is that basketball is more like a collection of businesses than a real tier system.
    So does that mean you guys never thought of Sasha a much of a prospect for the NBA? I find this conversation much more intriging than the Trajon Langdon conversation that took a ton of pages Not that the conversation over that was bad, but it's cool to see how Europeans view players in the NBA who are European and are role players. I think Sasha's game has grown enough to where he could start for many Euroleague teams but he wouldn't start in the NBA. He's a solid contributor anyway. He has good size and can shoot the lights out.
    Last edited by dd24; 07-24-2008 at 06:16 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    Nikola Vujcic, from Maccabi, not Sasha Vujacic.
    Thank you. I didn't know if it was a typo or not. There's some big rumors over here for guys that are young and extremely talented to get offered big contracts from the Euroleague to try and compensate for the competition. I'm not saying Sasha is one of those guys but it is rumored in 2010 when there are so many superstar free agents here in the US that one of them might get offered a blockbuster deal they can't refuse. Say one of those Euroleague teams offered somebody 30 million per year because there is no cap, I could see it happening. Childress is just the first step. The NBA needs to come up with a way to compete against this, otherwise it's just going to bite them in the end. I guess the only thing they have in their favor are the odds. By that I mean if someone over there gets 10 million per season who should get 4 million per season here, that would equate to over 2 times the money for a star as well so if a star was supposed to get 20 million here they would think 35 to 40 there which would kill a team economically. Let's see what happens. I know I didn't figure in the value of the dollar vs. the euro but I also didn't figure in how much more expensive things are over there too.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Thank you. I didn't know if it was a typo or not. There's some big rumors over here for guys that are young and extremely talented to get offered big contracts from the Euroleague to try and compensate for the competition. I'm not saying Sasha is one of those guys but it is rumored in 2010 when there are so many superstar free agents here in the US that one of them might get offered a blockbuster deal they can't refuse. Say one of those Euroleague teams offered somebody 30 million per year because there is no cap, I could see it happening. Childress is just the first step. The NBA needs to come up with a way to compete against this, otherwise it's just going to bite them in the end. I guess the only thing they have in their favor are the odds. By that I mean if someone over there gets 10 million per season who should get 4 million per season here, that would equate to over 2 times the money for a star as well so if a star was supposed to get 20 million here they would think 35 to 40 there which would kill a team economically. Let's see what happens. I know I didn't figure in the value of the dollar vs. the euro but I also didn't figure in how much more expensive things are over there too.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
    I see where you get your "thoughts" from. Dwyane Wade was actually laughing about it, anyone who is offered 30 million USD in a year and doesn't take is either an idiot or a billionaire

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

I don't think Sasha Vujcic is good enough to be a starter on a good euroleague team