Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: An unnecessarily long Kobe video and a shorter but still excessive post.

I love all these "what if" scenarios.

Honestly..... there might be somebody that comes along that's better than MJ. But I don't see that happening with any of this era's players.

There might be a kid in high school or a 6 year old playing right now, that might be it.

As far as Kobe..... I don't have a problem with him being the 2nd best shooting guard or a top 10 player right now.

But the door for him to dethrone MJ was closed a few playoffs ago and was completely shut in the Finals.

Gots Ta Be Li Showtam! The Magic Man's Avatar

Default Re: An unnecessarily long Kobe video and a shorter but still excessive post.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I love all these "what if" scenarios.

Honestly..... there might be somebody that comes along that's better than MJ. But I don't see that happening with any of this era's players.

There might be a kid in high school or a 6 year old playing right now, that might be it.

As far as Kobe..... I don't have a problem with him being the 2nd best shooting guard or a top 10 player right now.

But the door for him to dethrone MJ was closed a few playoffs ago and was completely shut in the Finals.
    So there is just no way on God's green Earth Lebron, Rose, Durant, or Wade can be better? Dudes with like 10+ more seasons to play in the league? Lol, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    So there is just no way on God's green Earth Lebron, Rose, Durant, or Wade can be better? Dudes with like 10+ more seasons to play in the league? Lol, ok.
    Nope

Seriously..... MJ wasn't about solely stats. The man changed the game!!!

He was at a completely different level, mentally, physically, talent wise, etc.etc.

And he was like that from "day one."

It wasn't something that he obtained as he played, he was great from day one.

Sure...... there's qualities that other players have that are very similar, some have similar style game, some have a similar mentality, etc.etc. But they don't have everything that MJ had combined, let alone better than him.

What you guys have to understand is.....

The way Wade is playing right now in his 6th season..... MJ was doing in his 2nd or 3rd (minus the 3pt shot). Same with Bron and Kobe.

The way Kobe was playing a few seasons ago, is the way MJ was playing in his 3r-4th season, but at a higher and more "consistent" level.

And like many have noted..... playoffs are were you make yourself a legend and set yourself apart from the others. And only Wade is even close, but he's still distant.

Rose...... he had a great game, but he doesn't post like MJ, and he never will due to his size. So he's basically disqualified, unless he completely changes the point guard position which he hasn't done.

Nope

Rose...... he had a great game, but he doesn't post like MJ, and he never will due to his size. So he's basically disqualified, unless he completely changes the point guard position which he hasn't done.
    Sorry man. You aren't even making sense right now. Rose played one of the greatest playoff games for a rook ever. MJ never did what he did. He has an entire career ahead of him and he's dq'd from being the GOAT because he doesn't post up? lol, ok.

Sorry man. You aren't even making sense right now. Rose played one of the greatest playoff games for a rook ever. MJ never did what he did. He has an entire career ahead of him and he's dq'd from being the GOAT because he doesn't post up? lol, ok.
    How doesn't that make any sense?

That's like saying that Mayo is gonna be better than Kobe, even tho he doesn't post up. Which means, he's not as a complete player as Kobe right?

So if he's not as complete, how can he be better?

So because he had a great game he has a shot? because he had a great game?

The dude will never be a post up player, its that simple. And he aint gonna change the game or revolutionize the point guard position.

Back to the main topic......

Kobe's biggest problem is his inability to be consistent and to f*ckin learn.

He STILL makes stupid rookie mistakes.
    He STILL forces shots and goes away from the system.
    He STILL doesn't trust his teammates.
    He STILL tries to hard to take over.

And that's something that always bewildered the sh*t outta me.

I also see Wade possibly surpassing him. Aside from the stats, Wade has the right approach to the game and could "possibly" be better than him.

People can point out to the difference in Wade and Kobe's points.

Well... Wade passes alot more and shoots less. He also has a better shooting percentage. So honestly..... if he were to shoot as much as Kobe and pass less, he could match Kobe's numbers.

But that's not his game, and that's what I mean by "approach."

But Wade "got" the game when he was a rookie. While Kobe is still struggling with that. Wade's skills still have to develop (slightly) for him to catch up to Kobe. But that's not far away, and when he does, there would be no doubt that he'll be better than Kobe.

Very good NBA starter

How doesn't that make any sense?

That's like saying that Mayo is gonna be better than Kobe, even tho he doesn't post up. Which means, he's not as a complete player as Kobe right?

So if he's not as complete, how can he be better?

So because he had a great game he has a shot? because he had a great game?

The dude will never be a post up player, its that simple. And he aint gonna change the game or revolutionize the point guard position.
    I don't agree, Rose has alot of time to get post moves, but you don't need post moves to become the goat if you can score other ways. He doesn't need to revolutionize the PG position. Just Play amazing and win chips,be clutch etc......

With Kobe, the cart has always come before the horse IMO. His legacy and reputation were almost created by the media and his fans before his play got a chance to provide the basis for it.

He was traded to LA because he refused to play for bad teams in the draft. He was voted in as a starter to the west all star team in his second season despite being an inconsistent reserve for LA. On any other team, that never happens.

He developed into a great player, but his reputation was always one step ahead of his actual play.

He will probably retire as the second best SG ever, but I have no doubt in my mind that he would have been another McGrady had he not become a Laker.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    I don't agree, Rose has alot of time to get post moves, but you don't need post moves to become the goat if you can score other ways. He doesn't need to revolutionize the PG position. Just Play amazing and win chips,be clutch etc......
    We're talking about GOAT tho.

Like I mentioned..... MJ's stats aren't indicative of why he's considered the GOAT.

He literally changed the game, in more ways than one.

He did things on the court that people have yet to do.

I mean.... people look at the stats and think that was it..... far from it tho.

Does Rose have a shot at being a great player? sure

But its still very early to tell if he can be the best pg let alone the best "player" of all time.

Very good NBA starter

We're talking about GOAT tho.

Like I mentioned..... MJ's stats aren't indicative of why he's considered the GOAT.

He literally changed the game, in more ways than one.

He did things on the court that people have yet to do.

I mean.... people look at the stats and think that was it..... far from it tho.

Does Rose have a shot at being a great player? sure

But its still very early to tell if he can be the best pg let alone the best "player" of all time.
    I am not saying drose will be the Goat, but you don't have to revolutionize a position to become the goat. MJ is far ahead of everyone and a player already has there hands full in catching him so having to revolutionize a position too would be to hard lol. Kobe ain't catching him tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    I am not saying drose will be the Goat, but you don't have to revolutionize a position to become the goat. MJ is far ahead of everyone and a player already has there hands full in catching him so having to revolutionize a position too would be to hard lol. Kobe ain't catching him tho lol.
    Same here. I'm not saying Rose will be the one but it's asanine to sit here and proclaim a rookie, who has maybe 15 years ahead of him will never be better than another guy.

Value Ape.

Man, that's just great. X lent work Kblaze. I feel sorry for the kids that had to try and check him in HS. They should have made KB wear weights.

(Can we just leave the KB >/=/< stuff for another thread people? Seriously, it is debated to DEATH already. Talk about the videos... Or just give Kblaze props and STFU)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bodin
    Took the words right out of Barkley's mouth

That doesn't make sense at all, they rank up there with the Cavs. I see a 7 game or less final goind either way (Cavs vs Lakers) and experience is in favour of the Lakers. What makes a big difference a year or 2 away? If the Lakers have a completely healthy season they are just as much competing for the finals as the Cavs and Celtics.

I hate the Lakers, and am not nor never will be a Kobe fan but I can't help but realize they have an amazingly talented team. And for Barkley to spew that garbage analysis... and have people regurgitate it all over the place is utter nonsense.
    I will not quote you all but I will respond to this one. They can of course make a surprise run and win a ring next season or a couple seasons after, but after this year there is just to many good teams that will only get better with the improved superstars they will have. Cleveland for one will improve, and with the addition of whichever player they trade for they will only be better. Orlando will get better with the re addition of Jameer and Dwight as well as Turk and Lewis improvement, and then you have Miami improving with Wade getting deeper into his prime and Beasley being a better player.

Basically what I am getting from you guys saying that they have a better chance in a couple of years is that you are saying Kobe is the least important part to a Lakers championship team and Bynum/Gasol will be more important. I agree, but as Kobe gets older I expect Gasol/Bynum (who is always injured) to be less effective.

NBA rookie of the year

Sorry man. You aren't even making sense right now. Rose played one of the greatest playoff games for a rook ever. MJ never did what he did.
    Jordan averaged 29.3 pts/5.8 reb/8.5 ast/2.8 stl/1.0 blk in his first playoff series as a rookie. Not one game, 4. Pretty poor shooting by Jordan's standards (44%), but he was being guarded by two-time DPOY Moncrief and tons of help.

Tremendous game from Rose, but it was just one game.

Very good NBA starter

I always laugh when I see quotes like this. Not saying he will ever be better but damn, you guys just have your mind made up huh? Lol, let's say he averages 40 ppg, 10rpg, 10 apg for the next 6 seasons and wins 6 titles and 6 MVPs. I bet half the people on ISH would say, nope, MJ was better. Lol, not trying to stir things up, it's just funny that people are so arrogant or ignorant enough to say something will NEVER happen. News Flash. There's a baby being born right now who's gonna shatter everything MJ, Kobe, or LBJ has ever done. If we, as humans, can not evolve and build on the groundwork laid by our forefathers then what good are we?

MJ was the most outstanding player ever. His resume is gonna be hard for any player to top but it's not out of the realm of possibility is it? Op, I'm not saying you fit this mold, but the statement just got me thinking about this. Can you honestly sit there and say Kobe has no chance, with at least 5 more years of high level ball left in him, to be the best ever? Lebron James, who, at this age, has accomplished more than MJ? Dwayne Wade? Kevin Durant? Derrick Rose? OJ Mayo? Little Billy in Anytown, USA? Man, MJ was amazing and I feel privilaged to be able to say I've seen him play but the MJ > Food, Water, and Sex talk is just getting out of hand.

This is gonna fall on deaf ears and I'll be called a homer for having a Lakers avi but I guess it just ultimately shows who the real homers and fanatics are.
    Fact is you have to be realistic, and you aren't. Me saying Kobe will never be better then Jordan is more realistic then you saying he would average 40, 10, 10 with 6 championshpis/finals mvps.

Also, your whole post is deemed incorrect for the simple fact that I didn't talk abuot young stars, I was talking soley about Kobe (he is 30, not 20 like the younger stars).

Another reason your post fails is because I'm not a Jordan groupie like you think I am ("I'll be called a homer for having a Lakers avi but I guess it just ultimately shows who the real homers and fanatics are" yeah I'm such a homer and fanatic of Jordan, think this is the second time I ever wrote about him on ISH.

Another reason why your post fails is because you are assuming that I said NO ONE would be better then Jordan. Again, I say something against Kobe and assume that it applies to everyone. Maybe you ARE the homer and fanatic?

Final grade: 0/10