Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Reminder: LeBron did not beat the 73 win Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    This is getting really pathetic.

I respect the Warriors. And Curry.

But some people here are just obessed, admit defeat, accept it with grace, and gear up for next season.

All these topics trying to discredit The Cavs victory is just a bunch of bull. I mean, in 15' the Warriors won against a Cavs team without two starters.

Jesus.
    Seriously ... it's mental illness. Not to mention those 2 starters were their 2nd and 3rd best players.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Seriously ... it's mental illness. Not to mention those 2 starters were their 2nd and 3rd best players.
    Kyrie was a huge loss for Cleveland in 2015. However Kevin Love missing in 2015 was not as big of a hindrance as some would think

If you remember, while both teams were at full strength, Cleveland got blown out twice in a row in games 1 and 2. The first turn of the tide was in game 3 where Cleveland secured their first win, without Kevin Love playing a single minute (Game 3 of the 2016 Finals)

Kevin Love also facilitated the Cavaliers huge lead in the elimination game 6 when he sat on the bench. Kevin Love went out with 11 minutes left in the first quarter and the Warriors were held to their lowest scoring quarter of the entire playoff (Game 6 of the 2016 Finals)

At the end of the 2016 Finals, Kevin Love averaged only 8 points a game on 47% True Shooting (Statistics of the 2016 Finals). And these numbers were also boosted due to the fact that Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut were out of commission due to suspension and injury.

Basketball is a game of matchups and Kevin Love has proven himself to not be effective against the matchups that a healthy Golden State team produces.

So due to the ineffectiveness of Kevin Love against Golden State due to matchup problems, Golden State of 2016 was more depleted than the Cleveland team of 2015. (Golden State's best player was compromised1. Golden State's best defender missed a crucial close out game. Golden State's rim protector missed 1 and a half games. Golden State's best perimeter defender and previous year's FMVP was extremely disabled for at least one game, more likely two.)

References:

Perhaps the most critical segment of this series came at the end of the third quarter of Game 4, Cleveland cutting the Warriors lead to three. The Q was rocking. The Finals hung in the balance.

Curry calmly called for the ball, shook a defender and drained a three, pushing Golden State to a six-point lead. In a reversal of roles, a gassed LeBron tried to answer with a three of his own at the buzzer, only to miss badly. When James went to the bench to rest at the start of the fourth quarter, the Warriors seized control of the game and the Finals.

Curry finished with 22 that night. He then dropped 37, including 17 in the fourth quarter, in Game 5. On Tuesday, he dropped a couple of massive threes to help stem a fourth-quarter Cleveland surge, then when double-teamed, hit a wide-open Klay Thompson for another.
    [quote]
    [SIZE="3"][I]Not only did Curry average an MVP-like 26 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals in 43 minutes per game, but as Kerr told his point guard, sometimes a point guard has to put his own game now in favor of managing the game for his teammates.

That is what Curry relayed when he said in the postgame press conference, "The Finals are not that different from normal NBA games. It's just the spotlight is different, and soar are the expectations. When you have an average game, you find out in the Finals that people were expecting more. But really, that stuff doesn't matter. It's all about winning. That's what I've learned. I just need to impact games, be myself every other night, do other things to help my team win and be OK with that. Manage the game from a point-guard standpoint, find a way to win and that's what we did

continued from previous post...

[COLOR="Red"]Most 4th Quarter Points during the Finals[/COLOR]

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
    2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
    2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 [COLOR="Green"](75.1% TS)[/COLOR]
    1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
    1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
    2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
    1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

2015 Steph Curry had one of the most clutch performance in NBA history. The only player to score more 4th Quarter Finals points than Steph Curry was Shaquille Oneal, and he didn't even score one point more than Curry while Curry [COLOR="Green"]scored 14% more efficiently than Shaquille[/COLOR]

In the 2016 Finals he was not able to play as well as he did in 2015

What happened in 2016 that didn't happen in 2015? The major MCL injury

[Quote][I][SIZE="3"]The MCL is one of four ligaments connecting the femur bone to the tibia at the knee. It helps keep the knee stable as it moves from the outside to the inside.

So the lateral movements are going to put pressure on the ligament.

Athletic trainers refer to what
    Last edited by warriorfan; 08-25-2016 at 05:23 PM.

As I was saying before the creepy obsessive copy pasta ...

2015 Warriors don't get an asterisk even though the Cavs had LeBron, slumping JR and scrubs ... yet damn near took the 67 win Warriors to 7 games. And we're missing their

SECOND and THIRD best players.

Warriors missed Bogut for 2 games and Draymond for one deservedly suspended game.

The series was still winnable and came down to a single possession or two.

The healthy "Unanimous MVP" played like dog shit, wet the bed AGAIN on the big stage and got out played at his own position. Wasn't even really a top five player in the series.

That's why you guys lost. Take the L like a man and not a whiny emo hot topic kid.

Re group your fandom after your team had to cowardly stack the deck even more. Because you should have no excuse not winning 75 plus games and cruising to a chip since you added the 2nd best player in the world to the most stacked roster in recent memory. You bay area California kids are bunch of softies.

As I was saying before the creepy obsessive copy pasta ...

2015 Warriors don't get an asterisk even though the Cavs had LeBron, slumping JR and scrubs ... yet damn near took the 67 win Warriors to 7 games. And we're missing their

SECOND and THIRD best players.

Warriors missed Bogut for 2 games and Draymond for one deservedly suspended game.

The series was still winnable and came down to a single possession or two.

The healthy "Unanimous MVP" played like dog shit, wet the bed AGAIN on the big stage and got out played at his own position. Wasn't even really a top five player in the series.

That's why you guys lost. Take the L like a man and not a whiny emo hot topic kid.

Re group your fandom after your team had to cowardly stack the deck even more. Because you should have no excuse not winning 75 plus games and cruising to a chip since you added the 2nd best player in the world to the most stacked roster in recent memory. You bay area California kids are bunch of softies.
    Ok Coach

Btw, how is the squad looking this year?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Ok Coach

Btw, how is the squad looking this year?
    Haven't coached in awhile. So no need for the attempt at humor by calling me coach.

IL Speed doesn't pay for shit, and I'm not hounding the program director for my money ... don't have time for it now a days anyway. Just getting back to playing, and competing in men's leagues around the city / burbs.

Haven't coached in awhile. So no need for the attempt at humor by calling me coach.

IL Speed doesn't pay for shit, and I'm not hounding the program director for my money ... don't have time for it now a days anyway. Just getting back to playing, and competing in men's leagues around the city / burbs.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    At least he's going out and playing.

I would like to see your retarded midget ass try to even get a shot up in a pickup game.

OP really needs to lose his virginity. Starting to worry about him.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Green did it to himself. And he was only gone one game. WTF LOL.

Igoudala was perfectly fine for Games 1-5, and was on the court for Games 6 and 7. No excuses. Everyone is hurting by game 100 of the season.

And Bogut was out for a few games...wow, so they were without a role player for 3 games. They should have just forfeited!

So, you lose.

But... you bringing this injury stuff up means that Lebron gets to bring it up in 2015, when he was without his 2nd and 3rd best players for the ENTIRE SERIES minus one game Irving played in.

So, according to you, Lebron deserves a ring for 2015, and really has 4 rings. Thanks.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 08-25-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park BedroomBully's Avatar

Warriorfag is a flea on a dog's nut sack! Why give this salty bitccch so much attention?

National High School Star

OP is probably just upset that his tramp stamp that he got tattooed saying "Warriors Champs 2016", is inaccurate for all the sweaty dudes that get to see it..

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Warriorfan murders it once again. Completely irrefutable on all points. A work of art if I could say so myself.

Green getting himself suspended shoudnt be a reasonable excuse to say lebrons 2016 championship wasn't deserving dumbass

Ky missing 5 games in last years Finals didnt help the warriors get the ship last year a lot easier?

2015 isn't even debatable, that's a massive asterisk.

In 2016, Love missing Game 3 cancels out Draymond missing game 5.
    The only difference is Lebron/Kyrie led the Cavs to a win, while Curry choked his ass of without Green. At least Klay showed up though.