Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Lone Laker's Avatar

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate them

No Country for Old Men.

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate them

"Lost In Translation"

/thread

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate t

Quote Originally Posted by D-Shark
    Big Lebowski
    Damn. first post and the only one that bugs me. Depending on state of mind, I might say this is my favorite movie. (there's a few others that probably trump it, but it would be one of a few i'd consider saying if i had to pick ONE favorite) I agree with Dasher about all the quirky comedies that are topical and grow stale as the comedic collective concious catches up, but Lebowski is timeless high art to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    Fight Club
    GOOD ONE!! i like the movie a lot, but if it's your "favorite", you're probably a douche bag.

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate t

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    The Dark Knight is one of my favourite movies of all time, for no other reason than because it was ****ing fantastic. It has its flaws, but its pros far far far outweigh them. Critical acclaim, commercial acclaim, one of the most memorable(or at the very least popular) performances of all time, and the list goes on. I'd be very surprised if your head wasn't right up its ass when it first came out, and its only now that you're hopping on the "overrated" bandwagon that everybody seems to cherish so dearly.

Have you even seen it yet?
    Ditto on that.
    The worst type of person is the elitist who always denies the fact that anything new could possibly eclipse something "classic". This goes for music and basketball players as well.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

boondock saints. i might not hate the person but i lose all respect for their taste.

Training Day and Scarface. Not horrible flicks but I dont think they are all that great and many people who really like like thembased of reputation or bc its a "badass" movie

Blu Ray

Scarface I could understand, but Training Day was an incredible movie whether you like it or not.

whilst i have no issue with any film that someone has as their favorite film, i certainly have issue with and know people to be ignorant mornonic dickheads that answer this thread with some of the all time great examples of cinematic greatness such as no country for old men and lost in translation.

you hate people that have exceptional taste in films. well done, clearly proof you have none.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    i hate when people say 'film', it sounds so god damn snobby.

"I hate when people use words that are all sciency to describe music, like pitch and harmony and tempo. Buncha knowitalls, think they're better than me..."

What are you even talking about? "Film" bothers you? Srsly?

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs

"I hate when people use words that are all sciency to describe music, like pitch and harmony and tempo. Buncha knowitalls, think they're better than me..."

What are you even talking about? "Film" bothers you? Srsly?
    lol, seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    "Lost In Translation"

/thread

/your credibility.

Quit getting butt hurt over Lost in Translation. It was in no way a masterpiece. It was a solid film, but it was not mindblowing in anyway shape or form.

rank sentamentalist

It was just a really forgettable movie. Generally well done, and Murray and (particularly) Johanson were both fantastic, but it just didn't go anywhere. I enjoyed myself watching it, I have no inclination to do it again.

Donnie Darko

I'm annoyed by people who absolutely hate and love lost in translation.