Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Top 5 Fantasy PGs

Top 5 Fantasy PGs with Grades on each category (Default 9 Yahoo Categories)

1. Gilbert Arenas - WAS

He's great. He can help you on the 3s, points, FT %, and steals huge. His rebounding is also solid. Though he does hurt you in FG% and TOs...But otherwise, excellent option, and he is only 23. His Knee is supposed to also be 100% and ready to go.

FG%: D
FT%: A
3ptM: A
Rebounds: C-
Assists: B
Steals: A
Blk: F
TOs: D-

2. Steve Nash - PHX

A beast in the FG%/FT%/3s and most importantly, assists category. More than 20% Assists than number 2 in assists. Also a good scorer. Downfall is lack of defensive numbers and TOs. Also, age is kind of catching up. But he is right there with Arenas.

FG%: A-
FT%: A-
3pt: B+
Reb: D
Ast: A
Stl: C-
TOs: F

3. Chris Paul - NOH

Paul had some solid numbers last year, and improved. And that was WITH all his teammates injured. So with a healthy team, sky is the limit. And plus, this is his 3rd year and improvments should continue. Expect a monster year. Good scorer, great passer, and also above average in rebounds, while dominating steals...

FG%: C-
FT%: B
3ptM: D
Assists: A-
Reb: C-
Stl: A
TOs: D

4. Jason Kidd - NJN

The Best All-Around PG. Maybe the Best All-Around PG. Can help in many categories. A daily Triple Double Threat. Solid Scorer, Great Passer, Best Rebounding PG, Can get Steals and 3s as well. Age is one of the only concerns. Otherwise, he should be another Tripe Double threat year.

FT%: B-
3ptM: B
Reb: B
Ast: A-
Stl: B
TO: D

5. Chauncey Billups - DET

Another Solid PG. He is also at least 2nd Rounder. Can score well, and pass well as well. Best part is his very low TOs while getting that many assists. Also has a great FT%. And can hit the 3s as well, making him well rounded. Not to old either, and always healthy

FT%: A-
3ptM: B+
Reb: D
Ast: B+
Stl: C
TO: C

Last edited by Glove_20 : 09-03-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation
Default Re: Top 5 Fantasy PGs

Same as NBA.com with Billups at 5 instead of Deron Williams. In the expert's draft, Baron was taken before Chauncey as well. Had Chauncy last year and was a little disappointed. Stats were down in almost every catagory. Not that they were terrible, was just expecting more. Hopefull not a sign of things to come. I'd still take him over Baron mainly due to Baron's reliability due to injuries. Not to mention Baron's ft% isn't that great, particularly for a pg.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well done glove you should be a NBA analyst/ journalist
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well done glove you should let me suck you off now
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:07 AM   #5
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

Deron Williams is at least as good as chris Paul and Better than Chauncey.

Id have

Arenas
Kidd
Nash
Williams
Paul

Nash is a better ft shooter than Gilbert also Nash 89% Gil 84% last season which is low for Steve.

These players are hard to rank

JJ
Caron Butler
Jason Richardson
Rashard Lewis
Paul Peirce
Gerald Wallace

Injury, new teams, just signed contract extensions make it hard to judge.

Id go with

Lewis- will go off in Orlando, Fantasy wise at least
JJ- Stays healthy is top 15 in fantasy if not higher
Caron Butler- also needs to stay healthy but was amazing last year
Paul Peirce- Rebounds will dip with KG Scoring and assist should be good though
Gerald Wallace- New contract, hopefully still fills up stat sheet
J-Rich- Will be the main option but no longer playing under Don Nelson
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Deron Williams can't TOUCH Paul or Billups...

Paul is a little better than Williams, NOT counting Steals...Count steals and it's over

Same with Billups, sure Deron gets more steals, but check out the 3s and the low TOs by Billups...He is a rare PG with his low TOs...And his FT really helps you

And checkout how many Times Arenas shoots 84% in a game vs. Nash at 89%, and do that for 3 games, and see how much more impact Arenas will have on your weekly FT%
Old 09-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Agreed on all points, although I would probably take Kidd over Paul.
I am however concerned that with a healthy Peja and the arrival of Mo Pete, that his threes will go down.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
Agreed on all points, although I would probably take Kidd over Paul.
I am however concerned that with a healthy Peja and the arrival of Mo Pete, that his threes will go down.

How many threes did he make anyways? Less than 1. And plus, he is young and improving...So you don't know what he can do with a healthy team...
Old 09-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #9
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
How many threes did he make anyways? Less than 1. And plus, he is young and improving...So you don't know what he can do with a healthy team...
That's exactly it. The way I like to set up my teams is that every guard must be a three point shooter. If he goes back to hovering around .5 3PTM per game, I've very little incentive to draft him over someone such as Chauncey Billups who could get me anywhere from 1.5 to 2.3 3PTM next season. This is not meant to diss Paul's fantasy performance, it's just not an optimal fit for how I like to build my teams.

And I don't think a healthy team is going to make him a better perimeter shooter. If anything, it should open up more lanes for him to drive in to.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 09-05-2007 at 10:12 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #10
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Athlon Sports' top 5 fantasy pgs are....

Arenas
Nash
Paul
Kidd
Davis
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: