Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #31
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: That's it FIRE COLANGELO!

Such stupidity shouldn't be allowed on this earth.

Next to trading Bosh firing Colangelo is the last thing that needs to happen right now.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #32
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
If I was running the Raps we'd be a lot better of right now. Sorry I should have specified one significant move. Hoffa for Araujo good move of no significance. How many mins has he played this year? that's what I thought. Anymore bright remarks?lol

Because your league-wide credibility would allow you to make trades and make signings?

This franchise is probably right where it "should be" in terms of development from where it was when Colangelo came in. The Franchise was in shambles. When you look at a GM, there's usually some sort of 5-year turn around expected. We got lucky in '06 with an over-achieving team, and a WEAK conference. That boosted our expectations way past where they should be... last year was probably more in line where with this team actually was. This year, certain players haven't improved as far as we'd thought (AB) or regressed unexpectedly (Moon, AP).

Yes, it's disappointing, but Rome wasn't built in a day.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #33
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Because your league-wide credibility would allow you to make trades and make signings?

This franchise is probably right where it "should be" in terms of development from where it was when Colangelo came in. The Franchise was in shambles. When you look at a GM, there's usually some sort of 5-year turn around expected. We got lucky in '06 with an over-achieving team, and a WEAK conference. That boosted our expectations way past where they should be... last year was probably more in line where with this team actually was. This year, certain players haven't improved as far as we'd thought (AB) or regressed unexpectedly (Moon, AP).

Yes, it's disappointing, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Neither was Toronto

Me being part Italian, I can honestly say I'm really digging this mangement and BC does stress TIME and just because theres a history of Euro busts HOWEVER also a history of slow progressing Euro's. These guys have a team and aren't going to trade and the top prospect they are determined and are sticking with the team.

Last edited by Tool : 12-22-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #34
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
Neither was Toronto

Me being part Italian, I can honestly say I'm really digging this mangement and BC does stress TIME and just because theres a history of Euro busts HOWEVER also a history of slow progressing Euro's. These guys have a team and aren't going to trade and the top prospect they are determined and are sticking with the team.

This could be the case...but even a guy like Dirk started to come around and had a specified position on the team as of now he does not. I'm not saying that Rome was built in a day nor should it...but he's had three years. We've overachieved the first, .500 or slightly over .500 last year and I don't even see us making the playoffs the way we are constructed right now. All in the meanwhile holding onto an asset that we cannot use (too inconsistent, no position.) This is one of the moves that makes a GM possibly look great but more times then not look like a fool. If he is gonna develop it's not here. You have to trade him and plug the holes you have. If you were running any business you'd have to look at it and say what has he done.

Araujo - Humphries - Good move but no impact (grade - A)
AP - brought him in he plugged a need but his skills are diminishing quickly after three years. (grade B)
Garbajosa - Good player loved him - injured buyout. More money used and no Yield (grade c - even though not really his fault)
Bargnani- Frist overall pick. Most dissapointing. Had a promising first year and has declined into an after thought the next year and this one. (grade - D)
Moon - signed out of the D-league good pickup and cheap. Can't complain about this one but has regressed this year. Takes more three's than FT's. (grade C+)
Kapono - Signed to a long term deal. Can shoot.....and sometimes can't even do that well. Pretty bad failure and bad contract to go along. (Grade - C)
Will Solomon - Cannot play in this league (Grade D)
Adams - a bench warmer (grade D)

Tell me out of those which you disgree with and why?

Then tell me as a business person would you want someone like this run your team into the ground. I would not want him making another draft pick for us. If I was his boss I'd force his hand to trade Bargs. If we don't make this team better now at all costs (excluding Bosh) we will be a lottery team again after next season.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #35
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Fire Colangelo and this team would lose the little credibility that we have left in the NBA's eyes. We'd probably go the way of the Grizzlies!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #36
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Fire Colangelo and this team would lose the little credibility that we have left in the NBA's eyes. We'd probably go the way of the Grizzlies!

You think this team has any credibility left? Were a team on the down swing, just lost to the worst team in the league, and we have a cranky superstar. All thanks to Colangelo. We don't have credibilty. Colangelo as one person put it has gotten to the playoffs several times and out of those times (14 I think) only 2 has he got past the first round. He doesn't build championship contenders just team good enough to make the playoffs and now not even good enough to make the playoffs.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: