Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far
Default Phil For COY

Whats good Laker land,this is my first thread so I want yall to go easy on me...what do you guys think of Phil getting coach of the year if we finish first in the west...I think he deserves a lot more credit than he is getting for where we are as a team right now.what do u guys think

Kobe for MVP
Pjax for COY
Kobe for Finals MVP
2007-2008 NBA champions

thats alot of hardware!
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Phil For COY

If Kobe doesn't win what should be his 3rd MVP this year, I'm protesting the league.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For me, I just want the Lakers to win a championship. Whatever comes with that is just fine... but the title is what the Lakers legacy is all about!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Phil for COY never the dude never gets up out of his seat to coach.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

here's why he should and for this reason only...
last spring kobe fouled up stuff pretty good as we all know.
training camp did not go smooth with kobe pouting and dr.buss's remarks...
phil tried to install a new offense that kobe wanted nothing to do with (before sasha became the machine, kobe was on his way to being the turnover machine) so he installed a new system for the bench and massaged the starters system to take advantage of fisher.

preseason games were rocky at best and yet somehow through all this when the bell rang the lakers came out gunning and haven't really loked back all year long

phils job of management of the turmoil and egos in the lockeroom, the front office and HIS own deserves some serious credit..

that being said..byron scott has done an incredible job in new orleans with that team, getting the max out of his guys and keeping that team playing top level ball all season
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
DaRizzle
I brick open layups

DaRizzle has an OK reputation so far

Byron Scott...our future coach
DaRizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #7
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
For me, I just want the Lakers to win a championship. Whatever comes with that is just fine... but the title is what the Lakers legacy is all about!

I feel ya on that,thats all I want so i can back up all the S**t ive been talking to all of these so called Celtic fans..u have no idea what i have to put up with over here on the east coast.
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:51 AM   #8
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
phils job of management of the turmoil and egos in the lockeroom, the front office and HIS own deserves some serious credit..

Phil is the best coach of his era simply because he can handle todays egos. Player management has become more important than x's and o's in todays sports world.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its going to be a tough race between Byron and Phil for this one. Im thinking that its leaning a little more toward Scott because they were a totally unexpected team contending for #1 in the west. I also think a lot of people will factor in Gasol as a bigger reason for their success, even though they had success before him. They are both derserving candidates. All i know is Kobe will most likly win the MVP
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: