Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far
Default Who are we?

Are we as legit as we think we are? or are we clippers east. i mean we have the make up of a clipper team literally. elton brand and andre miller surrounded by young talent sound fimiliar? so i ask who are we?
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who are we?

If healthy, we are a top 4 seed in the Eastern Conference.

We are a fast break team who now has a halfcourt option if we have to slow it down.

We are the best shot blocking/rebounding team in the NBA (Brand, Dalembert, Evans, Speights, Ratliff).

We are a team who will still be in the bottom 5 in the league in 3 point shooting.

We are a team with a 6th man of the year candidate and also a most improved player candidate.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Post pretty much covered it accept I think we will improve over the course of the season on our 3 point shooting. This team has to shoot better as a unit one man or maybe several aren't going to do it alone. Rush and Marshall can hit pretty good from beyond the arc if the others can hit it will help eliminate our beyond the arc woes.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far

I agree injuries will ruin us if we suffer anything severe. Young is looking pretty good though from the 3 pt line
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiafan
I agree injuries will ruin us if we suffer anything severe.

isn't that anyone?
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I actually found funny that you pointed at Dre-Brand surrounded by young, upcoming talent. Interesting observation indeed. Never really understood why Dre sucked so badly in L.A.

Injuries are a risk to any team, so that's not really worth worrying about. Maybe just say a prayer before you go to sleep.

Posterize broke it up pretty well. Top 4 in the East is a very realistic goal, though it isn't a lock either. A good portion of last season's success was due to intangibles, and a good portion of next season's success will depend on keeping those intangibles (team effort, hustle, etc.) Brand's addition doesn't worries me in this aspect though.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I actually found funny that you pointed at Dre-Brand surrounded by young, upcoming talent. Interesting observation indeed. Never really understood why Dre sucked so badly in L.A.

Injuries are a risk to any team, so that's not really worth worrying about. Maybe just say a prayer before you go to sleep.

Posterize broke it up pretty well. Top 4 in the East is a very realistic goal, though it isn't a lock either. A good portion of last season's success was due to intangibles, and a good portion of next season's success will depend on keeping those intangibles (team effort, hustle, etc.) Brand's addition doesn't worries me in this aspect though.
Alvin Gentry.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Alvin Gentry.
lol. probably that's it.

I remember I was pretty excited about the Clippers that season. Dre was coming off a phenomenal season in Cleveland (10 apg!) with an awful team. He was going from passing to Lamond Murray and Wesley Person, to playing with Odom, Maggette and Brand. Plus he was coming to his hometown, so everything seemed set up for success.

Sad memories.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
lol. probably that's it.

I remember I was pretty excited about the Clippers that season. Dre was coming off a phenomenal season in Cleveland (10 apg!) with an awful team. He was going from passing to Lamond Murray and Wesley Person, to playing with Odom, Maggette and Brand. Plus he was coming to his hometown, so everything seemed set up for success.

Sad memories.
If you really wanna examine it...

1. Maggette's ppg average jumped a whole 5ppg the year he played with Miller.

2. Elton Brand missed 20 games that season.

3. Lamar Odom's (a player similar to Young, lefty) ppg average went up with Miller.

4. That was the year Olowokandi had a career year and got good money from Minnesota.

5. And again, Alvin Gentry.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
If you really wanna examine it...

1. Maggette's ppg average jumped a whole 5ppg the year he played with Miller.

2. Elton Brand missed 20 games that season.

3. Lamar Odom's (a player similar to Young, lefty) ppg average went up with Miller.

4. That was the year Olowokandi had a career year and got good money from Minnesota.

5. And again, Alvin Gentry.

well good thing for us we already threw good money at our center not in a contract year b/c if we hadn't hahaha.........
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: