Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ohio St. Prez willing to talk against TCU, Boise St., etc...but play? Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I was defending what I stated, idiot.

defending your crying. got it.

Quote:
A&M leads the Big 12 in penalties and is near the bottom for all teams. What's your point?

the point is sometimes they often end up with tons of penalties so you shouldn't be such a baby and cry like its some Big 12 anti Nebraska agenda when it happens. Gee, I wonder if you still cry that the refs helped Texas by putting a second back on the clock even though it was absolutely the right call.

Never mind that your coach acts insane on the sidelines which bleeds down to how the players act. Hence, all of your personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. If your coach is undisciplined, the players will be too. Little things like taking your helmet off on the field of play, late hits and unsportsmanlike conducts are a team discipline issue.

Quote:

Me: Nearly every penalty was an obvious call. The only truly bad call was the roughing the passer.

You: Wrong.

Name the calls that were not obvious. Name the calls other than roughing the passer that was truly bad (which happens to come in a year when refs around all of NCAA football are calling hits like that roughing)

1st Half:

(NU) 1st quarter (9:20)-personal foul, late hit
-obvious late hit

(NU) 1st quarter (9:04)-false start, FG
-obvious movement before snap, kick good

(NU) 1st quarter(2:36)-personal foul (for kicking) and unsportsmanlike conduct (for taking off helmet while on field of play)

(A&M) 1st quarter (14:01)-false start, clear call

(NU) 2nd quarter (12:34)-false start, clear call

(NU) 2nd quarter (8:58)-personal foul

(NU) 2nd quarter (8:53)-illegal formation, left (and maybe right) guard(s) were basically in the backfield (for pulling purposes)

(NU) 2nd quarter (8:05)-holding, Lucas Patterson gets hauled to the ground on the play

(NU) 2nd quarter (2:26)-holding, 68 is beat all pulls down inside rusher

A&M: 1 for 5 yards
NU: 9 for 95

2nd Half:

(NU) 3rd quarter (12:22)-false start, right tackle clearly jumps

(NU) 3rd quarter (7:27)-illegal formation

(A&M) 3rd quarter (4:55)-personal foul, late action after interception

(NU) 3rd quarter (2:57)-pass interference, early contact before pass gets to Stephens

(NU) 3rd quarter (1:48)-pass interference, contact on the back shoulder to Fuller, both were hand checking but defender grabbed and never turned head

(NU) 4th quarter (14:33)-personal foul (#46, had multiple personal fouls on him)

(NU) 4th quarter (14:33)-unsportsmanlike conduct, NU bench (Pelini)....refs had enough

(NU) 4th quarter (5:52)-personal foul roughing the passer, pretty much the only clear BS call of the game due to overprotecting QBs these days. In refs defense, your guy did lower his head and lead with helmet but I agree it was weak.

(NU) 4th quarter (1:50)-intentional grounding, in the dirt and in the pocket and no one near the pass, clear call

A&M: 1 for 15 yards
NU: 8 for 95

Quote:
Yes, I've played, but I never tried grabbing on another guy's junk in a pile. Maybe in your bum**** leagues molesting other players was fine, but everywhere else it's considered cheap bullshit that has no place in the game.

YOU never tried that but it DOES happen ALL the time. And guess what? It doesn't make it right to start kicking people

Quote:
Don't give me that stupid cliche like it makes it right. They could and should go back and review those things.

no they shouldn't. Crap goes down in EVERY pile. you want EVERY pile reviewed? You want every play reviewed to see if there is holding too? That would be great since there is technically holding on EVERY play.

Quote:
Yeah, discussing something on a messageboard is considering crying. Wow, aren't you so damn cool for saying that... I've been over it for a long time. We already ****ed up our season by losing to Texas. If we hadn't wet the bed against them, then maybe I'd actually be really crying about it.

Right. That's why you can't let it go and are getting so angry about it.

Guess what? Nebraska LOST to Texas A&M this year. Ergo, A&M is better THIS year. Deal with it.

Last edited by kentatm : 11-30-2010 at 08:48 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #17
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ohio St. Prez willing to talk against TCU, Boise St., etc...but play? Not so much.

Look, I'll post this youtube clip for you and maybe you'll start to see why Husker fans and Pelini aren't exactly fans of the refs, or as you so trollingly like to put it, one reason why we're crying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKpdcxtigEY

A blatant fasemask, and the douchebag is even maliciously twisting his helmet in an attempt to injure Burkhead. Not only does the guy not get a penalty for a personal foul (he should have been thrown out) and not only does he not even get a penalty for a blatant fasemask, but a Husker actually gets a penalty for pushing the douchebag off of Burkhead! How ****ing retarded is that? Can you even excuse that nonsense? The inept Big 12 commissioner didn't suspend him either. He had no problems suspending a Husker for far less, though. Do you get that it's not just the A&M game?

Quote:
the point is sometimes they often end up with tons of penalties so you shouldn't be such a baby and cry like its some Big 12 anti Nebraska agenda when it happens.

Sometimes? That was a school record, and funny how you leave out the part about how Texas A&M is one of the most penalized teams in the nation and yet only got 2 thrown on them. Leave out the part on how Husker opponents are penalized so little. How can you explain the lack of penalties on opposing teams? Nah, we're just crying, right? Teams just magically play clean football when they play us. Let's ignore the numbers that go against the Huskers...

Quote:
Never mind that your coach acts insane on the sidelines which bleeds down to how the players act. Hence, all of your personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. If your coach is undisciplined, the players will be too. Little things like taking your helmet off on the field of play, late hits and unsportsmanlike conducts are a team discipline issue.

Yeah, but twisting a guy's nuts in a pile is perfectly fine to you, though... Yeah, he's so undisciplined because he retaliated to being sexually assaulted all because of his coach! Get out with that nonsense. Yes, Pelini is fiery, but I find it funny how that is all perfectly acceptable in college basketball. Coach K cusses out a ref and then 5 seconds later Dickie V exclaims how Coach K is such a wonderful coach. Do it in college football? He must be insane! Funny how Gary Williams yells at the players on the bench all the time and nobody cares. Do it in college football? Oh my God, call the cops and have him arrested!

Quote:
Name the calls that were not obvious. Name the calls other than roughing the passer that was truly bad (which happens to come in a year when refs around all of NCAA football are calling hits like that roughing)

You act like I have tape of the game and can specifically point out every single call. I've seen a breakdown of the penalties, though. I can tell you that Ben Cotton's penalties were bullshit. If the refs did their jobs, then it would have just been 1 penalty on both teams, and not 2 on NU. Maybe you can explain to me what either of Eric Martin's personal fouls were for. As for the holding penalties, if you're not going to call A&M for holding, then don't ****ing call it on the Huskers, either. Oh, but that would be in line for calling a fair game and we don't want that. Pelini's penalty was a result of the officiating. The roughing the passer call was obviously terrible. I'd certainly like to see a replay of that one PI call.

Quote:
YOU never tried that but it DOES happen ALL the time.

Nice way to excuse it. Yeah, let's not even bother to set an example with actually punishing someone who gets caught doing it. Nope, don't want to do that to an Aggie...

Quote:
It doesn't make it right to start kicking people

Shit, if someone is doing that to me, then I'm going to do whatever I can to get that sack of shit off of me. People have the right to protect themselves.

Quote:
no they shouldn't. Crap goes down in EVERY pile. you want EVERY pile reviewed?

No, what I'm saying is that if someone does something that results in a penalty like that, then review it. If the refs are going to huddle up to discuss something, then why shouldn't a review also be allowed? It seems like they do it when fights happen. Both guys end up getting penalized.

Quote:
Right. That's why you can't let it go and are getting so angry about it.

I have no problems letting it go. I also like to argue, so I have no problems arguing something that I 'let go'. I'm not the one who brought it up in this thread. That was JMT. He brought it up and I responded to him and then you jumped in like a troll and said I was a crybaby like I can't defend myself against what he said. Angry? Where is the part where I'm angry? Sorry, but I don't get angry on message boards.

Quote:
Guess what? Nebraska LOST to Texas A&M this year. Ergo, A&M is better THIS year. Deal with it.

Uh huh, so I guess Misery is 3 TDs better than you and NU>>Misery>>>A&M>NU somehow makes sense to you?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: