Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: How to deal with sore legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    I've suffered with a knee cap tracking problem in both my knees for better part of 2 years, at times, taking a week off. But I love the game so much I couldn't leave it long enough. So I would end up playing like a cripple. No hops at all, as in I didn't even leave the ground. So change in direction as my knees couldn't take the force. I played by using footwork and strength. No Speed at all. My knee caps would feel like they were going to explode.

However, until last night. I purchased this tape of ebay called Kinesiology Tape after hearing good things. NBA players often use it.
    I shaved about a foot long section over my knee on my right leg (launch leg)
    And taped it, I strip around the left of the knee cap, one around the right, and a strip over the bottom portion at about 50% tension.
    Played a game last night, and my right knee is great, about 95% compared to my untapped left which is currently about 80%.
    Another advantage of the tape is that it is water proof. I put it on Monday night so I could try taping my knee. Left it on to see how it goes. Played Tuesday, and am still wearing it Wednesday lunchtime. I also have a practice session tonight to which I will remove it after. It looks fine, not all haggid like other tapes.

Amazing stuff
    Are you putting kinesio on yourself?
    You know the kinesio only works if put in a certain way, people take special classes to know how to apply that. Even physioteraphists don't learn that in their classes, it's course outside their degree.

If you are having knee problems, apply that in sunflower way.
    Cut short parts and put it around the area leaving a hole in the part that it hurt.

Kinesio works for 3 days, after the third day you can cut if off because it's not going to help you anymore.

Btw, if i'm correct you're suffering from tendinitis. You don't need Kinesiology, you need ultra sounds, ice, rest and when you play you need to put a bandage to pressure your knee cap.

Hope that i helped you.

National High School Star

Default Re: How to deal with sore legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Are you putting kinesio on yourself?
    You know the kinesio only works if put in a certain way, people take special classes to know how to apply that. Even physioteraphists don't learn that in their classes, it's course outside their degree.

If you are having knee problems, apply that in sunflower way.
    Cut short parts and put it around the area leaving a hole in the part that it hurt.

Kinesio works for 3 days, after the third day you can cut if off because it's not going to help you anymore.

Btw, if i'm correct you're suffering from tendinitis. You don't need Kinesiology, you need ultra sounds, ice, rest and when you play you need to put a bandage to pressure your knee cap.

Hope that i helped you.
    Dude, I've been to multiple different physio's over the past 2 years about me knee issues, how many times I've heard patella tendonitis is laughable.
    I've tried all their practices and exercises, knee pads, wraps and bands. Than my own combination of the lot and nothing helped.

Yet when I got onto this one dude, he reckons it is either a muscle imbalance in my leg/a patella tracking issue.
    I just watched multiple videos and read a bunch of info of how to apply the tape, and after a brief trial and error, I have found a way which works for my body. Might even try switch it up a bit next week.

From what I've found, everyone is different, and no one knows what works quite like yourself. Plus, special classes on how to apply tape? Ain't no body got time for dat.
    Hell, it could be a placebo effect, all I know is, my knee feels a lot better since applying the tape.
    Last edited by Ai2death; 03-19-2014 at 12:48 AM.