Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3rd Presidential debate: focuses on foreign policy, Monday Oct 22th 9:00 pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Yeah. I guess you're right.

I'm a few minutes behind on my DVR. Romney just say he's optimistic about the future. Does anyone believe that? I'm serious about that. Does anyone think Romney's campaign to this point can be characterized by optimism?
    It's optimism if he is President. Doom and gloom if he isn't. Basically same thing Obama is saying.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: 3rd Presidential debate: focuses on foreign policy, Monday Oct 22th 9:00 pm EST

Yeah. I guess you're right.

I'm a few minutes behind on my DVR. Romney just say he's optimistic about the future. Does anyone believe that? I'm serious about that. Does anyone think Romney's campaign to this point can be characterized by optimism?
    Of course he's optimistic. Hes about to legislate himself a big tax break.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    One question I would have liked to see asked is about the European financial problems we've been watching for a couple years now. Maybe one of those things they bargained off the moderators list
    The debates have left a lot of issues uncovered. You would think Libya is the most important country in the world.

Chris Matthews just mentioned the Europe financial crisis and the Mexican drug war as the the two biggest unasked questions.

So I missed the beginning of the debate. Which of his previous positions did Mitt abandon? I heard Afghanistan was one of them

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    I think that would have been a good question to ask too and I think it is tied to our NATO allies ability to stay in Afghanistan as well as their responsibilities with regards to other military actions along side US forces.
    yep oh well. So much of these debates are bargained off the table for whatever reasons. Reading online a questioned missed and one I hadn't thought of is the Mexican violence due to the drug cartels.. that would or could have gotten fiesty and it's very close to home for a lot of Americans

McCain advisor feels Mitt went too cautious

John Weaver
    ‏@JWGOP
    President wins debate, as MR goes the cautious route. Wonder if now is the time to do so? Or would it be better to keep foot on the pedal?
    EDIT:
    He's got a lot of other good tweets tonight.
    John Weaver ‏@JWGOP
    I suspect POTUS has a more robust debate with Joe Biden.

Foreign policy, national security used to be GOP strong suit. Ike, Nixon, Reagan, Bush 41. Alas, no more.

When was the last time going into the "prevent defense" worked in a big football game? MR did it without a lead.

Its one thing to reverse on domestic issues,but on national security to be so loose with your positions is quite breathtaking actually.

Romney wanted to look presidential. Agreeing with the President seems like an odd way to do that.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 10-22-2012 at 11:33 PM.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/260574120717217792
    CBS News ‏@CBSNews
    BREAKING: CBS NEWS INSTANT POLL Who won the Debate? OBAMA: 53%; ROMNEY: 23%, TIE: 24% (Margin of Error: 4%; Sample Size: 521)

Also First winter storm brings 2 feet of snow to Calif! dafuq?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/260574120717217792
    CBS News ?@CBSNews
    BREAKING: CBS NEWS INSTANT POLL Who won the Debate? OBAMA: 53%; ROMNEY: 23%, TIE: 24% (Margin of Error: 4%; Sample Size: 521)

Odama Obama

Yeah my parents live up that way, Western Sierra's getting clobbered, even had a couple Tornadoes or Tornado warnings. Talked to my dad and he's grumpy because he didn't get some of his stuff like the boat winterized yet

NBA Superstar

i agree with the analysts that Romney was more center of right agreeing with Obama on a lot of stuff which made him seem less scary to me. all in all Obama won since Romney was too passive, and Obama got a few more points questioning Romney's ability to do the stuff he's saying he will.

its also unbelievable how CNN goes to a Republican senator to fact check if Romney did or didn't endorse bankruptcy for the auto makers. i still can't figure out if he was spinning or not

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i agree with the analysts that Romney was more center of right agreeing with Obama on a lot of stuff which made him seem less scary to me. all in all Obama won since Romney was too passive, and Obama got a few more points questioning Romney's ability to do the stuff he's saying he will.

its also unbelievable how CNN goes to a Republican senator to fact check if Romney did or didn't endorse bankruptcy for the auto makers. i still can't figure out if he was spinning or not
    Romney did endorse a bankruptcy for the automakers. The issue was he didn't want government intervention in the bankruptcy. The problem was given the shape of the credit markets and the banks, they wouldn't have survived.

You may know that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki

did anyone catch after the debate, romney was holding his grandson, and obama was there and the grandson leaned over to obama because he wanted obama to hold him.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    did anyone catch after the debate, romney was holding his grandson, and obama was there and the grandson leaned over to obama because he wanted obama to hold him.
    I didn't see that. Will have to see a replay of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Headlines are not chosen by the writers of the OP-EDs, but by the editors.

However, Mitt Romney totally embraced the headline in a TV interview the next day.