Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: LaMarcus-Aldridge is the BEST PF in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    1st: For years, many have suggested that Aldridge was the best PF in the game and those arguing against it generally pointed out that the team was only a fringe playoff level team. (These arguments were always taking place regular season, Dirk and Duncan get all the PF attention come playoffs and immediately afterwards... for good reason though). Currently, nobody can hold the "not winning" card over Aldridge.

2nd: Aldridge has legitimately stepped his game up. It isn't just the team playing better, but he is playing better as an individual as well. When matched up against tough teams, he really steps it up. He looked to be on the same tier as both Paul George and Kevin Durant when their teams matched up, and now he just outplayed Dwight. This is what legit MVP candidates do. At this point, the only argument for LMA not being the best PF in the league so far this season is whether LeBron is a PF or not. In terms of traditional PF though, it is clearly LMA this season.
    My point isn't whether he is or isn't the best PF in the league, its just that now is the only real time the argument is getting some traction behind it. I do remember people saying it before, but that was a handful of people, not many.
    He very well could be the best PF in the league, but I think there are a lot of great players at the PF position in today's league, and I think people are quick to jump on labeling anyone the best. Just 10 games ago, Kevin Love was apparently the best on this team, and people were saying he finally isn't putting up empty stats. Now all of a sudden hes back to putting up empty stats? Opinions are fickle when it comes to spur of the moment reactions like this IMO.
    Obviously there was talk about him being the best PF in the league before this game, but its as if somehow this cemented it? Its just another game, and he played great. I think consistency is what makes you the best, so we'll see.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    That shit is seriously cringe worthy. Not even the contest itself. The shit around it with the random celebrities trying too hard. It's awful.
    I wish the dunk contest are more about the dunks and less gimmicks. jumping over cars or blowing out cupcakes, cool, i rather see old school dunks

Banned

didn't watch tonights game. who guarded LMA tonight?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    My point isn't whether he is or isn't the best PF in the league, its just that now is the only real time the argument is getting some traction behind it. I do remember people saying it before, but that was a handful of people, not many.
    He very well could be the best PF in the league, but I think there are a lot of great players at the PF position in today's league, and I think people are quick to jump on labeling anyone the best. Just 10 games ago, Kevin Love was apparently the best on this team, and people were saying he finally isn't putting up empty stats. Now all of a sudden hes back to putting up empty stats? Opinions are fickle when it comes to spur of the moment reactions like this IMO.
    Obviously there was talk about him being the best PF in the league before this game, but its as if somehow this cemented it? Its just another game, and he played great. I think consistency is what makes you the best, so we'll see.
    I get that point (However, similar arguments can be made for each of the PFs you picked over LMA). I was mostly responding to winning being the "only reason Aldridge is getting the hype he is now" and showing that changes in his individual game has also has had an impact on the attention and not just the team improvements.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    didn't watch tonights game. who guarded LMA tonight?
    About 2/3 was Terrence Jones and 1/3 Dwight Howard. LMA struggled more early on, but starting in the 2nd quarter he destroyed the Rockets no matter which one guarded him. I missed the start of the game since I was driving, but one of the broadcast comments made it sound like Jones was the one guarding LMA early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    About 2/3 was Terrence Jones and 1/3 Dwight Howard. LMA struggled more early on, but starting in the 2nd quarter he destroyed the Rockets no matter which one guarded him. I missed the start of the game since I was driving, but one of the broadcast comments made it sound like Jones was the one guarding LMA early on.
    Yeah if I remember correct Jones was on him early, then LMA started hitting shots, they switched Dwight to him for a bit and he kept hitting shots.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

LMA should be in the top3 mvp discussion this year

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    LMA should be in the top3 mvp discussion this year
    Right now he is yes.. Amazing how great he has been.

Lopez is a big reason he has been so good.

Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

how dirk would wish that he had a team as talented as this one

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Right now he is yes.. Amazing how great he has been.

Lopez is a big reason he has been so good.
    not quite as now

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/

damn that 51/26 webber game of his life and they still lose.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

lol @ thinking Dwight guarded LMA 1/3 of the time.

Dwight did not guard LMA at all. There was a moment in the 2nd quarter where for some unknown reason (again, because is pretty obvious Sampson did not have a defensive game plan to guard Aldridge) Dwight switched onto LMA and he hit two tough jumpers in his face.

For the one possession in which Dwight did guard LMA in the 4th he ended up fumbling the ball and throwing up a prayer which barely grazed the rim.