Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Sofoklis Schortsanitis "Big Sofo" Went Ballistic On The Crowd In Israel

He's a Greek and they are known for having a short fuse...

Default Re: Sofoklis Schortsanitis "Big Sofo" Went Ballistic On The Crowd In Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's an NBA draft pick genius. The Atlanta Hawks own his draft rights.

It IS NBA related.
    From his Wiki:

Schortsanitis drew interest from the Los Angeles Clippers in the summer of 2006, after having been selected in the 2nd round (34th overall) of the 2003 NBA Draft; however, because he was still under contract with Olympiacos at the time, he did not make the leap to the NBA.[6] In 2010, his contract with Olympiacos expired and he elected to participate in the NBA Summer League with the Clippers, with an eye towards joining the team; this time, however, the Clippers were unimpressed, and he failed to secure a contract with the team. On July 30, 2012, the Los Angeles Clippers traded the rights of Schortsanitis, to the Atlanta Hawks, in a sign-and-trade deal for Willie Green.[7]
    And nobody has or will edit the wiki page of some Israeli League bum

He was drafted 11 years ago and hasn't played a second in the NBA, it isn't NBA related

So is this the new Euroleague GOAT that Euroleague (the poster) has been pushing for these days? What a ****ing joke. Dude looks like he's 600 pounds and couldn't get an inch off the ground.

hate that ugly kid in the last pic.......... i wanna beat him so badly that my dick

If he was indeed provoked by racist chants those fools had it coming to them, didn't expect this from a Euroleague game though.

[QUOTE=tomtucker]hate that ugly kid in the last pic.......... i wanna beat him so badly that my dick

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    I don't understand why there is so much hostility in this thread, but I just have to ask why we are talking about Euroleague games, and also I would ask, can the Euroleague do anything to Sofo?
    I'm not talking about the Euroleague. A bunch of morons keep claiming this happened in a Euroleague game. I am simply getting the facts right. It did not happen in a Euroleague game.

To answer your question, no, the Euroleague cannot do anything to him. This was not a Euroleague game. The Euroleague and the Israeli League are two completely different and separate leagues. The Euroleague has no authority over the Israeli League.

The reason there is so much hostility in this thread is because this forum is full of jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    From his Wiki:

And nobody has or will edit the wiki page of some Israeli League bum

He was drafted 11 years ago and hasn't played a second in the NBA, it isn't NBA related
    That thing on Wikipedia is false made up bullshit. Probably added by gabepizza or qrich or some other lying scumbag. He was offered a contract by the Clippers, but it was a very insulting offer and their owner was very rude to him and his agent.

So he did not accept the offer.

That is the true story. What is posted at Wikipedia is bullshit and anything else from US sports media that claims the same is an outright lie.

None of this even relevant or pertinent, as the Euroleague is a higher level league than the NBA is.

It IS NBA related.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-08-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

euroleague is known anti semite. he's trying to get people to bash israel in this thread.

reported

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    If he was indeed provoked by racist chants those fools had it coming to them, didn't expect this from a Euroleague game though.
    They don't even have Euroleague games on Mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    euroleague is known anti semite. he's trying to get people to bash israel in this thread.

reported
    I just reported you to the AIPAC and the ADL.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

I just reported you to the AIPAC and the ADL.
    prove it yo

reported to abuse

According to Euroleague.net, Euroleague has still yet to make any motions for punishing Sofo after attacking that child fan

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

I'm not talking about the Euroleague. A bunch of morons keep claiming this happened in a Euroleague game. I am simply getting the facts right. It did not happen in a Euroleague game.

To answer your question, no, the Euroleague cannot do anything to him. This was not a Euroleague game. The Euroleague and the Israeli League are two completely different and separate leagues. The Euroleague has no authority over the Israeli League.

The reason there is so much hostility in this thread is because this forum is full of jerks.
    no way dude. my friend said the israeli conference is in the euroleague.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/04/dribbling/46161

“I will rape your daughter and son”

Maccabi Tel Aviv issued an official press release about the Sofo incident, and as it was expected, the club supports the Greek center. As it’s explained, Schortanitis was provoked by a particular fan, still the player is expected to be fined and punished with missing a number of games in the [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Red"]Israeli League[/COLOR][/COLOR].

The text of the press release is the following: “Maccabi Tel Aviv basketball club rejects and condemns any kind of violence – both physical and verbal, which is often severe and no less harmful – and makes it clear that it has no place on the sports court. We expect the players, even in the most severe cases, to find the strength of mind to hold back.

Maccabi will conduct a comprehensive investigation of a disciplinary issue, and will learn in depth the details of the event, and the club will take a decision on the matter, which will be published later.

As it’s already known, the incident occurred after the final buzzer of the game against Hapoel Tel Aviv, when Sofoklis Schortsanitis was heading to the locker rooms – and even though this is an area that should be sterile and the players protected in a hostile environment – a Hapoel Tel Aviv basketball fan from the stands, hung on the tunnel, leaning on the end of it, spat on him, and cursed at him, using terrible and racist slurs. Among other things, the fan shouted: “I will rape your daughter and your son “. Αfter that, he started to run.

Contrary to the reports about injuries, those accusations are groundless. The player did not hit and hurt anyone. Contrary to reports that the player “trampled over children,” it can be clearly seen in the video of the incident that the none of the children were hurt, and the fans in the stands are the people who provoked the incident. The player was blocked by security guards and did not hit anyone”.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-08-2014 at 04:58 PM.