Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Default The Clippers are pretty good at full strength

I know it's only been two games but from what I've seen, their record should be alot better. I think if they had Z-Bo from the beginning, they could have been a playoff team. Their problem this season has been injuries. Over the last couple of games though, everyone has been stepping up, even Ricky Davis.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Default Re: The Clippers are pretty good at full strength

Yeah, the main reason why they suck so bad this season is injury. But anyway, Al Thornton and Eric Gordon do benefit from the team's major injuries since they are playing like all star now.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
KingLeBronJames
LeBron GOAT

Is Chris Kaman back?
KingLeBronJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
rox fa sho
I rule the local playground

baron davis
eric gordan
al thortan
zbo
kaman

camby on the bench? this team prolly would struggle if they made the playoffs but they're just terrible. play worse then they look on paper.
rox fa sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
bagelred
Stare

Of course, when Zach was a Knick, he was a no defense playing, overpaid, untradeable loser. Now he's on the Clippers, everyone loves him again.

Typical.

I'm sure the same will happen with Eddy Curry when he finally gets healthy and traded.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
NY Comeback
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Of course, when Zach was a Knick, he was a no defense playing, overpaid, untradeable loser. Now he's on the Clippers, everyone loves him again.

Typical.

I'm sure the same will happen with Eddy Curry when he finally gets healthy and traded.
It's called ignorance, my friend...and it is bliss.

Glad to see Zach contributing, still.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
Is Chris Kaman back?

Nope. His foot injury seems to be extremely severe and if he doesn't play this year, I doubt he plays in a Clipper uni again. We need depth and we could probably get a decent wing for him, and use our high pick on Greg Monroe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox fa sho
baron davis
eric gordan
al thortan
zbo
kaman

camby on the bench? this team prolly would struggle if they made the playoffs but they're just terrible. play worse then they look on paper.

Its Gordon and Thornton. Disgusting how people continue to misspell their names. And no crap they would play worse considering all but two of those players have missed major time this year and never really had a chance to gel. In the playoffs, they wouldn't struggle. Clips are an inside-outside team that have many offensive options with Buckets, Baron, Gordon, Thornton, Z-Bo, Ricky, Novak spreads the court, Kaman. Then, you got Camby getting all the garbage points and swatting all weakside shots.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
starface
Banned

if they started the season with the group they have right now, and didnt have any major injuries, i think theres no doubt they'd be in playoff contention at the moment.

but for their first 20 games or so they didnt have randolph, and eric gordon wasnt getting minutes. so thats 2/5 of their starting lineup that was different for the first month of the season and the results reflected that difference.

by the time they got randolph and gordon on the floor, injuries started taking their toll. they did actually go 5-4 in the first 9 games after getting randolph, but then injuries started mounting.

so this is really the first time the lineup of Baron, Gordon, Thornton, Randolph and Camby is playing together. Not to mention R. Buckets is finally knockin down shots coming off the bench which is what we he was brought in to do. The slump he was in at the start of the season was like few i've ever seen. And heck even DeAndre Jordan is starting to progress really nicely after getting some PT while guys were out with injury. Against the Hawks tonite he had 5 pts/6 rebs in 11 minutes.

If the Clippers can avoid significant, lengthy injuries to their current lineup and rotation, they are going to be a serious spoiler to some teams in the second half of the season. I'll admit that once they were out of realistic playoff contention, i kind of started eyeballing that #1 pick and even felt a little bit relieved after losses because it was keeping our chances in tact. but if this lineup stays healthy i'll have no problem watching them collect some W's and start building some momentum and chemistry going into next season, which could end up being a season very similar to their 05 campaign.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
FindingTim
National High School Star

If a zen master like Phil took over the Clips they could go far

Young Studs:
Al Thornton
Deandre Jordan
Eric Gordon

Bigs:
Zack Randalph
Chris Kaman
Marcus Camby

Others:
Ricky/ Baron Davis
Novak (drains 3's)

That is 8 nice pieces right there, give or take a Ricky Davis
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #10
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
Is Chris Kaman back?

No. Which isn't that horrible, since I can't imagine him, Camby, or Randolph as a sixth man.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

Its Gordon and Thornton. Disgusting how people continue to misspell their names.

lol yeah, i just completely cannot grasp why people type "Gordan." I mean isnt Gordon like the unanimous, consensus way of spelling it? The only person i've ever heard of with the spelling "Gordan" is freakin Gordan Giricheck, and he's foreign. Has anyone otherwise ever heard of the name spelled with an 'a'???

how the hell do people keep making this mistake. Gordon is always how the name is spelled. it's not like his is the unusual spelling. It's the most common one by far. people are seriously mind boggling.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
FindingTim
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
lol yeah, i just completely cannot grasp why people type "Gordan." I mean isnt Gordon like the unanimous, consensus way of spelling it? The only person i've ever heard of with the spelling "Gordan" is freakin Gordan Giricheck, and he's foreign. Has anyone otherwise ever heard of the name spelled with an 'a'???

how the hell do people keep making this mistake. Gordon is always how the name is spelled. it's not like his is the unusual spelling. It's the most common one by far. people are seriously mind boggling.

for some peeple spelling just doesnt' come naturaly.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #13
rox fa sho
I rule the local playground

they look good on paper but with the defense in the playoffs they cant go that far. their offense isnt great compared to the other playoff teams. and if they did make the playoffs it woudl be the first time w/ those players they made the playoffs so the chemistry wotn be as good as other teams. gordon is a rookie in the playoffs. no reliable offense off the bench. 2nd round would be a struggle for them.
rox fa sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #14
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
they look good on paper but with the defense in the playoffs they cant go that far. their offense isnt great compared to the other playoff teams. and if they did make the playoffs it woudl be the first time w/ those players they made the playoffs so the chemistry wotn be as good as other teams. gordon is a rookie in the playoffs. no reliable offense off the bench. 2nd round would be a struggle for them.

Plus I can't think of a playoff team with a starting point guard jacking up 15 or more shots a game and only hitting 38% of them.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #15
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

Hey, Clippers have at least been there recently! And you're talking defense? Well, Camby is arguably the BEST weakside defender in the league, Z-Bo is a huge body who bodies the opposing big around on both ends of the floor, Kaman is a solid defender. Then, you got EJ, a great defender for a rookie, and when Baron sets his mind to it, he's a damn good defender himself, and you bet he will in the playoffs. Mike Taylor off the bench is a solid intensity defender and Brian Skinner has been in the league for one reason, the DEFENSE he provides. Which leaves the only lack of defense hole at SF with Thornton and Novak. Oh yeah, Collins himself is a solid defender.

Buckets, Novak, Fred Jones off the bench is good enough offense for me.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: