Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #16
JJ81
Good college starter

Default Re: why isnt dwayne wade as popular as Kobe and Bron????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Dunker
wtf u talking bout his team aint doing well, miamis a good team thier a playoff team shiiit they did something boston couldnt do this year. they beat My team the lakers and they put up a really close game in staples.

26-23 isn't really doing well... not a great start if you wanna win the championship. You think Miami's 26-23 is equal to Lakers, Cleveland, Boston? Think before you answer.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #17
GiveItToBurrito

His game isn't as pretty as Kobe and Lebron's. Kobe hits fadeaways and dunks on people, Lebron gets up high enough on a lot of his dunks that it looks like he could grab the top of the backboard, while Wade looks like a very good mortal when he plays. I think he's the best player in the league other than those two, but he's not anywhere near as fun to watch.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
ExtremeHops
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
His game isn't as pretty as Kobe and Lebron's. Kobe hits fadeaways and dunks on people, Lebron gets up high enough on a lot of his dunks that it looks like he could grab the top of the backboard, while Wade looks like a very good mortal when he plays. I think he's the best player in the league other than those two, but he's not anywhere near as fun to watch.
While Kobe is a better technical player (better jumper), I would say Wade is much better at driving to the basket. As a result he tends to dunk on more people, which in itself is exciting to watch. I am comparing him to current Kobe, who doesn't posterize as many players as he did in his prime.
ExtremeHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #19
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:

Wade is a more exciting player then Lebron.

There was a thread not to long ago saying that Lebron was boring to watch.

As for most exciting player in the league, its Carmelo. Or at least most fun to watch.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
Mdog1
Banned

I don't really know the answer to this. I would say market, but Cleveland is a small market, I would say skills, but Wade is better than Kobe, and I would say flashiness, but he is more exciting to watch than both. I guess the answer must be because of the finals performance. Although Kobe gets a lot of whistles on a regular basis as well as LeBron. Maybe it is his name? I don't really know.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

because Wade iz short

*i keed i keed*
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #22
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

As for most exciting player in the league, its Carmelo. Or at least most fun to watch.

agreed
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
lilmarcgasol
Banned

Quote:
That can't be the case because Lebron has one of the ugliest games in the league and is one of it's most popular players.

Wade to me is the most exciting of all 3 because he can drive on anyone and dunk everything and is the quickest, most explosive player in the league.

For me as a Lakers fan the most exciting players in the league to watch are Roy, Melo, Ginobili, Wade, Parker, Rose and Durant because Durant seemingly has unlimited range hitting shots from anywhere on the court like an assassin.

Last edited by lilmarcgasol : 02-08-2009 at 10:55 AM.
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #24
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

I think that you can make the case that either is "boring" because they slow the game down with all the free throws they take. I mean, they do the exact same thing (play 1 on 5, rebound, pass, drive, draw fouls, and hit the occasional three), but Lebron seems more spectacular to me since he gets up higher and is a bit stronger. Wade reminds me a little bit of 80's MJ, while Lebron's athleticism can seem unreal.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
lilmarcgasol
Banned

Quote:
I think that you can make the case that either is "boring" because they slow the game down with all the free throws they take. I mean, they do the exact same thing (play 1 on 5, rebound, pass, drive, draw fouls, and hit the occasional three), but Lebron seems more spectacular to me since he gets up higher and is a bit stronger. Wade reminds me a little bit of 80's MJ, while Lebron's athleticism can seem unreal.
Lebron travels more, gets smore uncalled charges, throws up more ugly clanking jumpers and is way less skilled and throws up ugly circus shots while wade's circus shots seem to have more skill behind them and go in at a higher rate. Plus it's more exciting watching a little guy get up over everyone and jam it in than it is to watch a huge guy do it, atleast for me.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #26
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
That can't be the case because Lebron has one of the ugliest games in the league and is one of it's most popular players.

Wade to me is the most exciting of all 3 because he can drive on anyone and dunk everything and is the quickest, most explosive player in the league.

For me as a Lakers fan the most exciting players in the league to watch are Roy, Melo, Ginobili, Wade, Parker, Rose and Durant because Durant seemingly has unlimited range hitting shots from anywhere on the court like an assassin.

I think that all comes down to how you define ugly. If by that you mean "completely devoid of any kind of finesse at all", sure, I'll give you that. Wade's more skilled, but the way he plays looks pretty much the same as Lebron, just with a better crossover and more layups and floaters.

I'll agree with you on your list of the most fun players to watch (especially re Carmelo and KD), although I'd like to add JR Smith and Josh Smith.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #27
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
Lebron travels more, gets smore uncalled charges, throws up more ugly clanking jumpers and is way less skilled and throws up ugly circus shots while wade's circus shots seem to have more skill behind them and go in at a higher rate. Plus it's more exciting watching a little guy get up over everyone and jam it in than it is to watch a huge guy do it, atleast for me.

But did Wade ever do anything to rival the crab dribble saga?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #28
lilmarcgasol
Banned

Quote:
But did Wade ever do anything to rival the crab dribble saga?
Won an NBA finals, Finals MVP and the best statistical finals performance ever? Has Lebron done anything to rival that, does one of the worst ever finals appearances count?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #29
206kid
Dunking on everybody in the park

It's because the media ( ESPN ) hypes up Lebron, and Kobe. And I see some of you guys are mentioning that Wade's record isn't that good. His teammates suck. Magloire, Quin, Joel Anthony??? Give Wade Gasol, Odom, Bynum or Allen and KG, or even Mo Williams, Big Z the Heat would be just as good as the Cavs, Celts, and Lakers. Wade doesn't have a number 2 option. that's why Pat Reily needs to pull the plug and get AMARE!
206kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #30
juju151111
NBA All-star

Who said wade wasn't has popular has LJ??
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: