Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #61
lefthook00
College star

Default Re: why isnt dwayne wade as popular as Kobe and Bron????

Ya'll are trippin. Dwade is just as popular as Kobe/LeBron. Especially before his injuries.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #62
stephanieg
College superstar

Because his name is Dwyane instead of Dwayne. Total turn off.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #63
dnyk1337
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRondoStopper
It's hanged, not hung. At least spell every word in your sentence right when critiquing another persons spelling, *********.

Spell the word right? Last time I checked, hung was a word idiot. You need to be hung on a tree... That is a correct statement but I could be wrong. Unless hung is strictly past tense like Jesus was hung on a cross. You need to be hanged on a cross... blah blah blah. Shakespeare created his own language and so can I.
dnyk1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #64
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Because he's still not at CP3/Kobe/LBJ/TD's level...

dumbfcuk
Old 02-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #65
jrong
The Holy Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace
The same reason Michael Redd isn't as popular as Wade, he simply is not that good....comparison-wise.

You have got to be kidding me if you think the gap between Kobe/Bron and Wade is as big as the gap between Wade and Redd. The gap between Kobe/Bron and Wade is about as big as the gap between Kobe and Bron themselves.

Now as far as the original question-- Wade has to had to fight for everything since he came in to the league. He didn't have the red carpet rolled out for him like some players. He had to kick in the door.

His first year he couldn't even get on TV, even though statistically his season was on par with LBJ's and Melo's (FG% like five points higher and way fewer FGA). James didn't even make the playoffs that year, and Melo did nothing when he got there. Wade meanwhile played like an all-star vet in leading the Heat to the second round and pushing the team with the NBA's best record hard.

Melo had a disastrous second year and LeBron had the best season of any of the three but missed the playoffs again; however, Wade was no slouch at 24/7/5, and then he flat out tore up everything in his path in the '05 playoffs in getting to Game 7 of the ECF, (prevented from making the Finals only by his torn abdominal). But, still he wasn't seen as being in LBJ's class "because he played with Shaq". Never mind the fact that Shaq was immobilized all through out the playoffs due to injury.

Wade's third year, he had as legitimate a claim to MVP as James. He put up 27/6/7 on 19 shots against James' 31/7/7 on 23 shots with better peripheral stats than James too.

And then we know what happened in the playoffs. I have always believed that if LeBron had done what Wade did in 2006, the media would have crowned him the GOAT right there on the spot. But, Wade had to perform at historic levels just to get his name even mentioned mentioned in the same sentence as James.

Until the injury, in 06 - 07, Wade was hands-down the best player in the league-- unquestionably. His numbers were 30/5/8 before he went down (against Bron's 26/6/6). Unfortunately, he then lost the next season-and-a-half.

And in the Olympics this summer, it was plainly obvious that NBC had constructed their coverage around Kobe and LeBron. They were supposed to to be the conquering heroes who finally brought the gold medal back to the US. But, Wade stole the show.

Now this year, it's more of the same. Wade will have to put up with this his entire career, and to get the recognition he deserves, he'll probably have to drag an underdog team to a championship again. Don't be surprised when he does it.

Last edited by jrong : 02-08-2009 at 10:54 PM.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #66
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

I think he is just as popular among fans (See All-Star voting and jersey sales), he just isn't as popular in the media for some reason, while Kobe and LBJ are constantly in the media.

And, I have no idea why people find Melo the most exciting player to watch in the league, he bores me to tears most of the time. He's not bad, just bores me.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 AM   #67
B-Easy
Local High School Star

Why do they ignore the Olympics, when we got to see Lebron, Kobe, Wade on an even playing field?

Wade led USA in scoring and shot over 60%. And now he leads the NBA in scoring and is 9th in assists... Why the sudden unimportance in stats and emphasis on wins when comparing INDIVIDUAL players?

Why does Lebron get a daily block highlight reel on ESPN, when Wade averages more blocks a game?

Why do Fisher/Kobe have the reputation of being the best backcourt defensively? Where as Chalmers/Wade lead all backcourts in Steals and Blocks, carry the Heat D and i never hear a peep about them?..

I dont know you tell me.

Last edited by B-Easy : 02-09-2009 at 12:28 AM.
B-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #68
KGBigTicket21MVP
Banned

Kevin Garnett > Kobe, LeBron and D-Wade.
KGBigTicket21MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #69
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg
Because his name is Dwyane instead of Dwayne. Total turn off.
Oh lord, I can only imagine how much Antawn Jamison turns you off.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #70
MickOH
Saw a basketball once

05-06 - Championship
06-07 - first round exit
07-08 - 15 win season

The cavs and heat have steadily improved over the last few seasons. Although wade isn't the one to blame, miami really declined after winning that championship. He also played just 51 games last season due to that injury. He's doing his this year, but he kinda slipped of the radar (just a little bit). I get the feeling people see him as the type of player that can put up great stats but doesnt make his team better like a kobe or lebron...

Also, Wade isn't sponsored by Nike... Converse doesnt get him the same publicity as Nike does for Kobe and LJ
MickOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #71
vinsane01
National High School Star

Is wade's team a fav to win the ring? No

Im sure if durant's team is winning, people will be comparing him to james and kobe..

Talent and athleticism wise, wade is with those guys. But unless he start winning, people wont talk much about him. Professional Basketball is about winning, nothing more nothing less...errr and money ofcourse.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #72
206kid
Dunking on everybody in the park

I don't get it even when Wade was winning people said Lebron is better than Wade. Wade is carrying this team to a 27-23 record, with two rookies, Joel Anthony, Jamal Magloire, Chris Quin. Wins against the Magic, Cavs , Lakers, Spurs, Suns, Jazz. So in my opinion Wade is better then Lebron right now it's just the media is hyping up Lebron.
206kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #73
gabeh1018
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
You have got to be kidding me if you think the gap between Kobe/Bron and Wade is as big as the gap between Wade and Redd. The gap between Kobe/Bron and Wade is about as big as the gap between Kobe and Bron themselves.

Now as far as the original question-- Wade has to had to fight for everything since he came in to the league. He didn't have the red carpet rolled out for him like some players. He had to kick in the door.

His first year he couldn't even get on TV, even though statistically his season was on par with LBJ's and Melo's (FG% like five points higher and way fewer FGA). James didn't even make the playoffs that year, and Melo did nothing when he got there. Wade meanwhile played like an all-star vet in leading the Heat to the second round and pushing the team with the NBA's best record hard.

Melo had a disastrous second year and LeBron had the best season of any of the three but missed the playoffs again; however, Wade was no slouch at 24/7/5, and then he flat out tore up everything in his path in the '05 playoffs in getting to Game 7 of the ECF, (prevented from making the Finals only by his torn abdominal). But, still he wasn't seen as being in LBJ's class "because he played with Shaq". Never mind the fact that Shaq was immobilized all through out the playoffs due to injury.

Wade's third year, he had as legitimate a claim to MVP as James. He put up 27/6/7 on 19 shots against James' 31/7/7 on 23 shots with better peripheral stats than James too.

And then we know what happened in the playoffs. I have always believed that if LeBron had done what Wade did in 2006, the media would have crowned him the GOAT right there on the spot. But, Wade had to perform at historic levels just to get his name even mentioned mentioned in the same sentence as James.

Until the injury, in 06 - 07, Wade was hands-down the best player in the league-- unquestionably. His numbers were 30/5/8 before he went down (against Bron's 26/6/6). Unfortunately, he then lost the next season-and-a-half.

And in the Olympics this summer, it was plainly obvious that NBC had constructed their coverage around Kobe and LeBron. They were supposed to to be the conquering heroes who finally brought the gold medal back to the US. But, Wade stole the show.

Now this year, it's more of the same. Wade will have to put up with this his entire career, and to get the recognition he deserves, he'll probably have to drag an underdog team to a championship again. Don't be surprised when he does it.

QFT

repped
gabeh1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #74
jrong
The Holy Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOH
05-06 - Championship
06-07 - first round exit
07-08 - 15 win season

The cavs and heat have steadily improved over the last few seasons. Although wade isn't the one to blame, miami really declined after winning that championship. He also played just 51 games last season due to that injury. He's doing his this year, but he kinda slipped of the radar (just a little bit). I get the feeling people see him as the type of player that can put up great stats but doesnt make his team better like a kobe or lebron...

Also, Wade isn't sponsored by Nike... Converse doesnt get him the same publicity as Nike does for Kobe and LJ

Wade doesn't make his team better? He has two rookies in his lineup and a front line so small they'd get pushed around in D-1, if not D-2, and the team is still somehow in contention for homecourt advantage in the first round. Right, he doesn't make them better at all....
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: