Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Go to move. picking your spots

Run the baseline from weak side to strong side then establish a post around 15 feet from the basket. Get the ball, a little shoulder shove and fadeaway.

If the defender is much taller than me or much more athletic, I'll do a shoulder shove, step back and fadeaway. No matter what, I have to create that space cause I'm a little guy usually being guarded by guys 2 or 3 inches taller than me.

I prefer left to right because I have more control with my left hand dribble, but I shoot right handed. The shot also goes up faster this way because I don't pump. I just raise up and shoot with a quick release without having to rotate my body much if at all..

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Spin move for me, without the dribble. Just drive hard left and while the defender's bumping me, I spin off of him and finish with a right hand floater which I'm pretty comfortable finishing with. Can't do it nearly as well spinning off a dribble drive to the right and finishing a floater with my left hand though.

Also trying to work on the quick jab fake off a crossover shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qstgKeJgdOU&noredirect=1

Don't really care for the step back and Rivers does, as I wouldn't have close to the skills to pull it off from NBA 3 point range, but I think after crossing back to your right in most streetball games against average guys it should be enough to get your shoulders by his, depending on how well you sell the jab fake.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

My go-to moves, obviously I don't have percentages but I'll rank them
    anyway.

- Turnaround fadeaway from left baseline ($$$ over smaller players, 7/10 if not)
    - Pull-up J off a screen from right elbow ($$$)
    - Regular fadeaway from right baseline (8/10)
    - Top of the key, pull-up J (6/10 but I just love shooting it)

This is how I get most of my buckets. I don't really have a go-to drive move; I just try to split whatever defense I'm facing. I also love posting up but so far I'm only really good at the left-shoulder turnaround and stepping through.

Dunking on everybody in the park

My best go to move is an iso on the left hand side.

Look the guy in the eye.

Look right, jab hard with right foot and take off left hand side with a straight line drive.

I can beat faster, more explosive players with this move. Even now, old and crippled I can still get by the defender.

It's all about the deception!! hahaha
    Last edited by stevieming; 09-03-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    My best go to move is an iso on the left hand side.

Look the guy in the eye.

Look right, jab hard with right foot and take off left hand side with a straight line drive.

I can beat faster, more explosive players with this move. Even now, old and crippled I can still get by the defender.

It's all about the deception!! hahaha
    The next step is to add the arm chop with the off hand upon the first step of the drive, the young bloods won't say anything.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    The next step is to add the arm chop with the off hand upon the first step of the drive, the young bloods won't say anything.
    hahaha, yeah unfortunately it's not a move you can use every time!!

I save it for game winning points....