Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 01:19 PM   #31
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 21,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
bigger guns heh? lool last time i checked ur boy vladimir was better than Tim thomas.

But its ok...I'll let you dream...because when it ends you guys will be back down right where u started...and hopfeully not san diego because i live here.

The only thing Vlad-Rad is better then Tim Thomas is shooting. Timmy is a better rebounder, post player(offensively and defensively), and can give in some time at PF|C when needed and Clippers are playing half court. Yes, Vlad is the better shooter, but not in every other category and Tim Thomas is right behind him in shooting
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #32
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 21,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller


Look for cassel to show signs of aging this year.

Shaun Livingston will be healthy and ready this year so Cassell won't need to play as much as he did last season. If he goes down, Clippers depth will still get them into the playoffs, sure not as many wins or as high a seed but Cassell's presence in the locker room and bench is all that will be needed.

Quote:
Clips are no longer the team that you expect to beat, they get some respect now. No one will let them sneak up on them.

No they aren't which shows how good they are if they can go from being a team to get an 'easy win' against, to a team you have to really practice and get ready for.


Quote:
Clippers, Lakers, and Kings will all end up in the 40's in terms of wins. The Kings hace the potential to move ahead if they trade one of their many expiring contracts for a good player. The Clipps could trade magette for some firepower, but i doubt it. The Lakers are basically stuck with what they have.

Trade Maggette for firepower???? Maggette is firepower off the bench, unless he takes the starting job away from Quinton Ross. Why would they trade him for firepower when he is firepower himself unless they get a pick back. How could the Clippers be in the 40s with wins?? Last year, they were 3 away from 50 and had a plethora of injuries, and pending they don't battle injuries like that again this year, they should win 50.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #33
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 7,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
No, it's logic, something you Laker fans on this board don't have, but then again, this board is like the ESPN Forums, just for laughs. And you Laker fans really make me laugh with your stupidity.

Are you kidding me??? you use the arguement that clippers are better than lakers because of what next season will be... haha at least make an arguement based on last yr. heres your arguement:

Quote:
Clippers will get a top 5, doubtfully top 6 seed. Lakers while fight to try to make the playoffs, so who's better?

this was your response to why clipper fans think they're so much better than the lakers. haha, how can you base your argument on the future???
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #34
mavsfan4zindagi
Local High School Star
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Are you kidding me??? you use the arguement that clippers are better than lakers because of what next season will be... haha at least make an arguement based on last yr. heres your arguement:



this was your response to why clipper fans think they're so much better than the lakers. haha, how can you base your argument on the future???

Because it hasn't happend yet!!!!

I find it hilarious that you base everything thats supposed to happen in the future on what happend last year. Last year is last year. By your logic,the Mavs had a nice offseason and added some key players so they sould expect to win 70 games and sweep through the playoffs right? I mean they didn't lose any key player and they played great up until they chocked away that last series.
Right? I mean I'm just using the same logic you're using for your Lakers. You keep saying the Lakers lost like 10 games by 3 points or less and that if they win half of those, they're a top 5 West team. Well how about all those games they won by 3points or less? They suppose to win every single one of those too? All because Kobe passed a few times in a series they lost?

Laker fans are ridiculously hypocritical.

BTW, If he bases his argument on last year, the Clippers are STILL better then your Lakers.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #35
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 21,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Are you kidding me??? you use the arguement that clippers are better than lakers because of what next season will be... haha at least make an arguement based on last yr. heres your arguement:



this was your response to why clipper fans think they're so much better than the lakers. haha, how can you base your argument on the future???

I used that argument and provided facts. Obviously a team that had a plethora of injuries, including the backup PG and C(2 most important positions in a team system, not a ballhog system) and a 20 PPG scorer. You get those 3 players healthy, then obviously the team will do better then the pervious season, pending another plethora of injuries don't occur. Are you trying to tell me the Clippers won't be a top 5|6 seed in the league next year just because they are the "Clippers"? In that case, give the title to the Celtics, they do have the most championships. I provided facts backing up my statement that the Clippers WILL BE a top 5|6 seed, while Laker, excuse me, Al Bundy fans say they finally got a pure shooter, who will be the 'savior. This same 'pure shooter' was the 7th|8th man for the Clippers behind Sam Cassell, Shaun Livingston, Cuttino Mobley, Quinton Ross, Corey Maggette, Elton Brand and Chris Kaman. If he is going to put you 'over the top', then surely, someone with a much better all around game coming off the bench(as opposed to starting), will put the Clippers way further over the top right?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #36
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 21,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Because it hasn't happend yet!!!!

I find it hilarious that you base everything thats supposed to happen in the future on what happend last year. Last year is last year. By your logic,the Mavs had a nice offseason and added some key players so they sould expect to win 70 games and sweep through the playoffs right? I mean they didn't lose any key player and they played great up until they chocked away that last series.
Right? I mean I'm just using the same logic you're using for your Lakers. You keep saying the Lakers lost like 10 games by 3 points or less and that if they win half of those, they're a top 5 West team. Well how about all those games they won by 3points or less? They suppose to win every single one of those too? All because Kobe passed a few times in a series they lost?

Laker fans are ridiculously hypocritical.

BTW, If he bases his argument on last year, the Clippers are STILL better then your Lakers.


Don't even bother, Laker fans think Bynum will be better then Shaq, do you really need to put them even more down after they find out Bynum will be a 5-10 minute per game type of guy and in his prime play maybe 25 minutes?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #37
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 7,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Because it hasn't happend yet!!!!

I find it hilarious that you base everything thats supposed to happen in the future on what happend last year. Last year is last year. By your logic,the Mavs had a nice offseason and added some key players so they sould expect to win 70 games and sweep through the playoffs right? I mean they didn't lose any key player and they played great up until they chocked away that last series.
Right? I mean I'm just using the same logic you're using for your Lakers. You keep saying the Lakers lost like 10 games by 3 points or less and that if they win half of those, they're a top 5 West team. Well how about all those games they won by 3points or less? They suppose to win every single one of those too? All because Kobe passed a few times in a series they lost?

Laker fans are ridiculously hypocritical.

BTW, If he bases his argument on last year, the Clippers are STILL better then your Lakers.

haha I dont care if clippers fans say they're better than lakers..I dont care at all...we will see how the season pans out. What I was talking about is that qrich said that clippers are better tan lakers because next year clippers will be a 5th seed and lakers will fight to make the playoffs. At least make an arguement about last year.

when im saying lakers will be better, thats my opinion. teams get better and i think lakers will be better. you may consider them worst but in the end, its just two opinions. I make some points to why they're better and you make counterpoints. thats what we're on here for.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #38
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 7,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Don't even bother, Laker fans think Bynum will be better then Shaq, do you really need to put them even more down after they find out Bynum will be a 5-10 minute per game type of guy and in his prime play maybe 25 minutes?

you need to stop talking to those kind of laker fans because they're far from delusional.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #39
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 7,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I used that argument and provided facts. Obviously a team that had a plethora of injuries, including the backup PG and C(2 most important positions in a team system, not a ballhog system) and a 20 PPG scorer. You get those 3 players healthy, then obviously the team will do better then the pervious season, pending another plethora of injuries don't occur. Are you trying to tell me the Clippers won't be a top 5|6 seed in the league next year just because they are the "Clippers"? In that case, give the title to the Celtics, they do have the most championships. I provided facts backing up my statement that the Clippers WILL BE a top 5|6 seed, while Laker, excuse me, Al Bundy fans say they finally got a pure shooter, who will be the 'savior. This same 'pure shooter' was the 7th|8th man for the Clippers behind Sam Cassell, Shaun Livingston, Cuttino Mobley, Quinton Ross, Corey Maggette, Elton Brand and Chris Kaman. If he is going to put you 'over the top', then surely, someone with a much better all around game coming off the bench(as opposed to starting), will put the Clippers way further over the top right?

IMO, clippers, lakers, rockets will all fight for the 5th, 6th, 7th seed..final stretch of the season will decide that. again, this is my opinion. and you are entitled to yours but you cant use next season as an arguement when next season is not even here yet..thats what i have been saying. in this post you make good points about why you think clippers will be an elite team and you base it off last season, thats completely understandable. but you cant say that clipps>lakers because clipps are 5th seed and lakers are out of playoffs when next season isnt here yet..
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #40
lawlerslaw100
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
lawlerslaw100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LA CLIpper Nation
Posts: 643
Smile Pointless Arguments by Faker fans

If the loyal CLIPPA fans were to post this trash in Faker forum, you
Flaker fans would be all over us. We stick to talking about our team
here and if you want to talk Clippas feel free to post. Otherwise
if you want to post garbage time about the Fakers do in your forum.

LETS talk about our team.. We are on the verge a make a big
run this year at the title. We have a solid nucleus, stability,
a winning attitude, good coaching, and loyal knowledgeable fans.
WE are the team of the real LA.

I see improvement coming from the growth of our superstar EB
and our young guns..KAveman, Livingstick, Jumpin James, and Q.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #41
mavsfan4zindagi
Local High School Star
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
haha I dont care if clippers fans say they're better than lakers..I dont care at all...we will see how the season pans out. What I was talking about is that qrich said that clippers are better tan lakers because next year clippers will be a 5th seed and lakers will fight to make the playoffs. At least make an arguement about last year.

when im saying lakers will be better, thats my opinion. teams get better and i think lakers will be better. you may consider them worst but in the end, its just two opinions. I make some points to why they're better and you make counterpoints. thats what we're on here for.

Fair enough.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #42
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 8,435
Default

Clippers are cleary the better team, if you compare the players here you go.

Sam Cassell > Smush Parker
Cuttino Mobley < Kobe Bryant
Corey Maggette < Lamar Odom

Elton Brand > Kwame Brown
Chris Kaman > Chris Mihm

Tim Thomas and Shaun Livingston vs Rad and Maurice Evans
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 AM   #43
LakersDynasty
Good college starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Clippers are cleary the better team, if you compare the players here you go.

Sam Cassell > Smush Parker
Cuttino Mobley < Kobe Bryant
Corey Maggette < Lamar Odom

Elton Brand > Kwame Brown
Chris Kaman > Chris Mihm

Tim Thomas and Shaun Livingston vs Rad and Maurice Evans
But that advantage they have at SG is pretty HUGE don't you think?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #44
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,391
Default

Come on!!!

I thought we all had an agreement not to argue about this **** until first Clipper vs laker game play out.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #45
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 7,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Come on!!!

I thought we all had an agreement not to argue about this **** until first Clipper vs laker game play out.

thats a long time from now, how about through the first 15 games or so??? haha yea im desperate for some trash talk with the cross-town rivals
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy