Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 10-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
ZonaFlash
I airball my layups

ZonaFlash has an OK reputation so far
Default Fire Dr. Thomas "4 Months" Carter

Why is this guy still around to make excuses for Amare's lack of progress?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...6suns1006.html
ZonaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would you blame the doctor? It's not his fault the injury is not healing. This could be a permanent injury which Amare may never recover from. I know I have read that before.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
ZonaFlash
I airball my layups

My frustration is how could he have so badly estimated the recovery time? 4 months?? Defying all conventional wisdom?? Jacking with everyone's expectations and letting Amare injure himself in a premature comeback?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaFlash
Why is this guy still around to make excuses for Amare's lack of progress?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...6suns1006.html

Judging by that article and all reports since TC opened, Carter's not the one making excuses.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #5
ZonaFlash
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni
Judging by that article and all reports since TC opened, Carter's not the one making excuses.

Joni, I respectfully request that you stop being a little suns party-liner and an ass.

I think my point is about his professional judgement, not the tone of his voice or his choice of phrases. Work with me a little!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #6
joni
I hit open layups

Default ZF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaFlash
Joni, I respectfully request that you stop being a little suns party-liner and an ass.

I think my point is about his professional judgement, not the tone of his voice or his choice of phrases. Work with me a little!

Only if you reciprocate by making at least some feeble attempt to ditch the pompous know-it-all attitude and make some sense now and then.

Carter didn't make any excuses in the article you cited and I wasn't able to discern any "tone of voice" in the written word, thank God. He indicated recent tests show no developing problems. Amare is the one making excuses.

Prognosis for recovery was based on a lot of different things. The lesion was small, Amare's young and in great shape, all that. Carter isn't the one who had the heart-to-heart with Amare and got him pumped to come back last March, we all know who that was. Back then nobody knew that the second wheel would go flat either.

If you want to look for attention by starting threads with titles like "Fire Dr. Thomas "4 months" Carter" you shouldn't be surprised to get some negative feedback. And believe it or not, not everyone who thinks you're off base is an ass.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:23 AM   #7
ZonaFlash
I airball my layups

Joni, just go away, really.

Carter is, indeed, the only medical expert amongst the suns who had the authority to have brazenly suggested 4 months, contrary to the rest of the medical field. Granted, there were many reasons to believe that Amare was superhuman. It has still proven wildly off-base - a gross error.

Colangelos heart-to-heart followed the presumption that Amare was "healed". Suggesting that medically he was ready to go out there prematurely induced further problems with his right knee. What's Amare expected to do when the doc says "He's fine." - not try to play?

As for Amare being the one "making excuses", it would be hard to believe that he is not experiencing (a lot) of pain. And apparently, Carter is not much interested in that aspect of the recovery.

The point wasn't who was making excuses, the point is that 4 months to full recovery is looking more and more outrageous all the time.

You can believe all the party lines you want, but most outsiders are seeing a lot of mistakes and a lot of disasters in this process that could have been avoided with more cautious medical advice.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:12 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i want STAT back!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
joni
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
i want STAT back!!!

Echo that, wally. We all do.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
i want STAT back!!!
it would be unfair for the basketball gods to take STAT away from every basketball fan on earth
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #11
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I wouldn't blame Carter for this at all. He made a prognosis based on his medical knowledge. Most of us don't posses this, so who are we to say he's wrong?

As far as Amare coming back too soon on the account of Jerry Colangelo, I think that's a load as well. Dr. Carter said he was fine, Amare believed that he was fine, and so he did what every other player besides Boozer would do, and that's try to play. He couldn't, so he shut it down 3 games in....not 10-15.

All I know is that every setback he has, the harder it is for me to keep upbeat about his return.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: