Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Lakers lose to Washington Wizards

Well I didnt watch the game. I followed up with the play by play. Was digusted at reading what I read.

I know what some of you are going to say. "We need to make moves", "Our point guard and small forward positions are the worst".

I am going to say that our big men were the reason for this loss. To win a game, you have to play for 48 minutes. It seems they relaxed after being up by 20. The play by play kept reading "Seraphin....Seraphin....Seraphin". What were our big men doing? Why did the wizards get an offensive rebound in the end to go up by 5?

I'm disappointed because of how they lost. I hope they can learn from this one.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers lose to Washington Wizards

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well I didnt watch the game. I followed up with the play by play. Was digusted at reading what I read.

I know what some of you are going to say. "We need to make moves", "Our point guard and small forward positions are the worst".

I am going to say that our big men were the reason for this loss. To win a game, you have to play for 48 minutes. It seems they relaxed after being up by 20. The play by play kept reading "Seraphin....Seraphin....Seraphin". What were our big men doing? Why did the wizards get an offensive rebound in the end to go up by 5?

I'm disappointed because of how they lost. I hope they can learn from this one.

I also didn't see the game but looking the stats
Pau and Drew combined for 38 pts for just 19 shots, 21 rebs and 5 blocked shots. TBH, Im not shocked at all that Bynum would only collect 6 rebs but it just seemed to me he is not built for back to back games.
It is very interesting too that the numbers of Kobe and Peace were almost identical from the Detroit game. Kobe took 9 3pt shots again, Peace took 4.
Resulting to a very inefficient 37 attempts for a measly 33 pts.

Again it's easy to cry over Blakes lack of pts but he had a pretty good 7 assists in just 20 mins.
tamaraw08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
xhuegox
I airball my layups

xhuegox has not been impressing people

Let's put ourselves in Bynum's shoes. The kid was 6-8 scoring 19 points. yes, that's 19 points on 8 shots! We have a huge advantage in the middle but don't use it properly. it's a disgrace. Imagine if shaq only took 8 shots in his prime...it would never happen. How much effort do you think Bynum is willing to give to do the dirty work if he's not going to get rewarded on the offensive end? Bynum isn't interested in getting 15 rebounds so kobe can chuck 30 jumpers. It's just human nature.
xhuegox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The way bynum and Gasol refusing to run back on D when down 1 in the 2 mins said it all.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhuegox
Let's put ourselves in Bynum's shoes. The kid was 6-8 scoring 19 points. yes, that's 19 points on 8 shots! We have a huge advantage in the middle but don't use it properly. it's a disgrace. Imagine if shaq only took 8 shots in his prime...it would never happen. How much effort do you think Bynum is willing to give to do the dirty work if he's not going to get rewarded on the offensive end? Bynum isn't interested in getting 15 rebounds so kobe can chuck 30 jumpers. It's just human nature.

7 TO. 6 REBOUND. All is said.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the big men were definitely a bit sloppy. Too many bad passes. Kobe again, started off hot, got a bit cold. I hate that.

Maybe this team is simply too old, and tired. I don't know.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Team was tired. Everything shows a team that was spent by the second half. The shooting% taking a dive, the lack of energy and hustle in transition and matador defense by the bigs. When Fisher and Kobe are your first ones down in defensive and offensive transition you know you're dealing with tired legs.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Sure Bynum went 6 of 8, but he only had 6 rebounds and 7 turnovers! That's probably why he didn't get many shot attempts.

This back 2 back just tired them out. It's just fatigue setting in, I'm not worried that much about this one game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ience-of-sleep
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it's on Mike Brown and Kobe

Kobe is not young any more
i noticed this season he starts the games with fresh legs shooting
6 of 7 ends 1sr quarter with 14-18 points, game goes on legs getting tired then he shoots 4 of 18 or something last three quarters

Mike Brown is joke .. when he took Kobe out last 2 minuts of quarter (during the comeback) i knew we lost the game
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gasol and Bynum need to go up to Kobe and tell him privately that he needs to stop chucking so much. Let them get more shots. Seriously, it is time. Enough is enough here.. Who cares if Kobe's ego gets hurt and pouts a bit?? If Bynum is man enough, he will go privately pull Kobe aside and explain where the Lakers stand and what needs to happen to improve this team. If I was in Bynum's place, I would go speak to Kobe. I don't give a $hit if he gets upset; the team is more important than the individual.

M-U-S-T---G-O---I-N-S-I-D-E---O-U-T-S-I-D-E---------N-O-T---O-U-T-S-I-D-E---I-N-S-I-D-E
bladefd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #11
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizozain
it's on Mike Brown and Kobe

Kobe is not young any more
i noticed this season he starts the games with fresh legs shooting
6 of 7 ends 1sr quarter with 14-18 points, game goes on legs getting tired then he shoots 4 of 18 or something last three quarters

Mike Brown is joke .. when he took Kobe out last 2 minuts of quarter (during the comeback) i knew we lost the game

Yeah, I was like WTF when he pulled him out, I knew they were going to lose then.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #12
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Gasol and Bynum need to go up to Kobe and tell him privately that he needs to stop chucking so much. Let them get more shots. Seriously, it is time. Enough is enough here.. Who cares if Kobe's ego gets hurt and pouts a bit?? If Bynum is man enough, he will go privately pull Kobe aside and explain where the Lakers stand and what needs to happen to improve this team. If I was in Bynum's place, I would go speak to Kobe. I don't give a $hit if he gets upset; the team is more important than the individual.

M-U-S-T---G-O---I-N-S-I-D-E---O-U-T-S-I-D-E---------N-O-T---O-U-T-S-I-D-E---I-N-S-I-D-E

Agreed.......but isn't that what a coach is supposed to do
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #13
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah, I was like WTF when he pulled him out, I knew they were going to lose then.
BS. Stop making excuses for Kobe at the expense of reality

Brown should have taken him out sooner, then pulled him out again in the 4th Kobe was screwing up the second half big time, he was one of the main culprits if not the biggest in the Lakers loss. During the wizards 3rd quarter run Kobe shot 24% on nine shots had 2 turnovers and 3 personal fouls. When he came back in what did he do? 1-10 that's a combined 3-19 in the second half with one assist.

I love Kobe but lets not put this on anyone but the players. He needs to stop thinking he can win games single handedly on a nightly basis and the team needs to stop passing him the ball every time he raises his hand and think for themselves.

He can't carry the team like that anymore nor would I expect him to with as many seasons as he has on his legs. Everyone knows it except Kobe and this team will struggle no matter who the coach is until Kobe starts practicing what he preaches.

Lord how much he went on after the Miami win about how this is a low post team and they can't be stopped when they play inside out then he goes out and completely rallies against the very things that they used to beat Miami

Sad to think Bynum has become a better distributor than Kobe out of the double but it's true as long as Kobe thinks fade a way jumpers with two players draped all over you is a good idea. Two years ago it was fine now when you can't jump higher than the guys guarding you it's not so good. Kobe needs to learn to ADMIT that some nights he just can't do it all and save the energy for nights when his shot is dropping.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Agreed.......but isn't that what a coach is supposed to do

Sure! Aren't the players supposed to listen after that?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: