Banned

Thumbs up OFFICIAL The Weeknd Discussion Thread

This will be the official thread for general Weekend discussion. I'll continuously update the OP to make this the most professional and sexy thread on all of ISH. For now, here are some song recommendations to those who are unfamiliar with Abel Tesfaye's work and want to make life a better experience.

Songs to have sex to
    1. Gone (2nd half)
    2. In Vein (Rick Ross ft The Weeknd, ignore RR's verse)
    3. The Party & the After Party (2nd half)
    4. Drunk in Love (Weeknd Remix)
    5. High For This

Songs to bang in the whip
    1. Might Not (Weeknd only version)
    2. Often
    3. The Hills
    4. House of Balloons/Glass Table Girls
    5. Losers

Songs to get emotional to
    1. The Knowing
    2. Valerie
    3. Rolling Stone
    4. Lonely Star
    5. Wicked Games

Songs with GOAT production
    1. Gone (2nd half)
    2. High For This
    3. XO/The Host (2nd half)
    4. Often
    5. Kiss Land (2nd half)

Songs to smoke weed to
    Everything on Trilogy

Commercially appealing songs (No order)
    Cant Feel My Face, Earned It, Wicked Games, The Hills, In The Night, Dark Times, Prisoner, Shameless

Other songs you must listen to (No order)
    Twenty Eight, Loft Music, Pretty, Tell Your Friends, Real Life, Same Old Song, Next, Montreal

Default Re: OFFICIAL The Weeknd Discussion Thread

best weeknd sex song and you didnt even know about it. loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opPMqTmq4lY

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    best weeknd sex song and you didnt even know about it. loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opPMqTmq4lY
    GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Lensanity
    GTFO
    aight bye.

You're such a loser, dogg.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

The album finally got on to Spotify (i think spotify gets a lot of albums one week late) so now I can listen to it.

First half is all i have heard and i like it. I thought it was going to be a lot of pop type songs like Can't Feel My Face, but it's not and i like it.

Also it's wild to me how big he has gotten and how fast. And i also remember watching this video on youtube two years ago where he explains that the reason you don't see him doing many interviews is because he doesn't want to be known for anything other than his music and he wouldn't like a celebrity or public figure....well i guess he has no choice now, so this (the public attention that the Weeknd is and will be getting in the near future) will be interesting to see.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 09-03-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Tolerant Liberals

Yeah, I like weekends, cant wait till this weekend is here! Labor day long weekend fellas! What yall up to?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    The album finally got on to Spotify (i think spotify gets a lot of albums one week late) so now I can listen to it.

First half is all i have heard and i like it. I thought it was going to be a lot of pop type songs like Can't Feel My Face, but it's not and i like it.

Also it's wild to me how big he has gotten and how fast. And i also remember watching this video on youtube two years ago where he explains that the reason you don't see him doing many interviews is because he doesn't want to be known for anything other than his music and he wouldn't like a celebrity or public figure....well i guess he has no choice now, so this (the public attention that the Weeknd is and will be getting in the near future) will be interesting to see.
    I think this album sounds great when it is played in order. It tells a story too. 2nd half of it seems dedicated to reaching new audiences yet it is still good. He did a great job of reaching every demographic with this album.

Banned

What does ISH think of Beauty Behind the Madness?

Banned

Can't wait for those first week sakes numbers to come out

National High School Star

I think this album sounds great when it is played in order. It tells a story too. 2nd half of it seems dedicated to reaching new audiences yet it is still good. He did a great job of reaching every demographic with this album.
    what story did he tell?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

What is your favorite track amongst tracks 1-8?

I'm really liking Real Life (I love Often and The Hills too of course, but those are old songs that i've already played 100s of times)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    what story did he tell?
    I came up with all this myself. Hope it helps.

Tracks 1-3 are reminiscent of the past to start off the album

Real Life- Opening track talks about how his mom warned him that his lifestyle would destroy him. Talks about the mistakes he has made

Losers- Talks about dropping out of high school with his friend Lamar when he was 17. Song reflects their bold decisions and wisdom when it comes to their careers

Tell Your Friends- Abel continues to reminisce on his past and how far he has come. Song ends saying he was told "not to fall in love that shit is pointless." This is like an introduction to the next 2 songs

Tracks 4-5 talk about how he is all about sex and not getting involved in relationships with girls

Often- He does it often, make that ***** poppin. Clearly he wants women for 1 thing and nothing else

The Hills- Another song talking about how all he wants is sex. "Touch me, not feel me. When I'm ****ed up, that's the real me." He just wants to touch women sexually. He has no interest in the baggage of "feeling.'" Also implies he is high more often than not. "I only call you when it's half past five" means that he will only call when he wants sex.

Tracks 6-8 - Abel meets a girl and he starts to change his mind on relationships

6- Aquiainted - Talks about getting to know a girl and how haply he is about it. Thinks she might be dangerous because she was born in the 90's

7- Can't Feel My Face - This song has 2 meanings. It is about cocaine but in the context of the album it is about this girl. He starts to get really serious about he and becomes numb around her

8- Shameless- Abel opens up about how he has no shame with getting involved in a serious relationship

Tracks 9-11 - This girl has a scary sexual past, getting molested as a child. He does not care because she "Earned It" (his love) and he loves her "As You Are"

In the Night- he wrote his in Marilyn Monroes old house. She was molested at a young age which was the inspiration. Basically tells a horror story yet makes it a smash hit pop single

Earned It- This girl has Earned all the great things he can provide her with his new celebrity life

As You Are- He doesn't care about any baggage. Makes it clear he loves her as she is

Tracks 12-14 - their love can't quite hold on
    Dark Times- Abel and Ed Sheeran sing about their addictions and give a warning for women to stay away

Prisoner- "I'm a prisoner to my decisions/addiction ." Abel describes that the this girl "brings good" to his "lonely life." Lana Del Ray plays the girl in this song and says the same line. Both of them are happy with each other yet both are too destructive and reckless to their addictions. They can no longer care for eachother or be there for each other the way people in a relationship should

Angel-They both try to keep the love intact but they are simply too destructive to be able to support each other in a relationship. They have to finally let go of their love despite all the great things they have. Album ends with Abel and a female voice singing "I hope you find somebody to love" to eachother

TLDR: Abel is called destructive by mother, drops out of school and eventually makes it big. He never wanted to be in a relationship and only used women for sex until he met a certain girl who is much like him. They fall in love despite their "baggage" but both are too destructive and suffer from addictions so they can't truly be there for each other in a relationship. Finally their love breaks off and they must go on their own ways without each other but hope they can find somebody else to love each other.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    What is your favorite track amongst tracks 1-8?

I'm really liking Real Life (I love Often and The Hills too of course, but those are old songs that i've already played 100s of times)
    Losers and The Hills are amazing. I love Real Life, Tel Your Friends, and Often a LOT though.