Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 03:41 AM   #31
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Yao Gets Tipsy At Wedding Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
She looks pretty to me...

Co-sign beside most Female Basketball player when they dress up look so vert hot.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #32
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

She looks different every picture I see. I can't tell anymore.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #33
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

LMFAO. Do you ****s have to turn every damn thread on this board into something about Kobe? I use to think people were exagerating when they said that but now I see that its true. Anyways, here the article. Seems like he'll be holding a party in the US also. And if they made him drink at his party in China, imagine what the party in Houston will be like. Headlines will read, "Yao Gets Stoned, Drunk, and Leaned Out At Wedding Dinner"

http://www.khou.com/news/entertainme....1e0447c6.html
Yao gets tipsy at wedding celebration

02:34 PM CDT on Friday, August 10, 2007

Associated Press BEIJING -- Yao Ming the newlywed treated his Chinese teammates to a celebratory dinner at a posh Beijing hotel, where guests feasted on a 10-course meal and the host got more than a little tipsy after drinking shots of potent liquor, his spokesman said Friday.

The 7-foot-6 center tied the knot with longtime girlfriend Ye Li, a 6-foot-2 player on the Chinese women’s basketball team, on Monday in his hometown of Shanghai. The wedding was a private affair, with only close friends and relatives in attendance.

Yao and Ye held a dinner Thursday night at Beijing’s Grand Hyatt hotel to fete the nuptials with their teammates, Yao spokesman Erik Zhang said. Officials with the China Basketball Association were also among the 70 guests.

The dinner was a lighthearted, casual affair—and the guests emptied six bottles of Mao Tai, a fiery Chinese spirit usually downed in shots from small teacups.

“I don’t think (Yao) was drunk but he was pretty close. He went back to his room and fell asleep,” Zhang said in a telephone interview. “But he felt this was a celebration and also his teammates, the people who care about him, they’re not going to let him get away with not drinking. And he knows that.

“Yao rarely drinks, almost never. Last night he drank quite a bit,” he said.
Teammate Liu Wei said in a posting on his blog that the dinner included games traditionally played at Chinese wedding banquets designed to embarrass the bride and groom. Yao and Ye took a took a shot with their arms intertwined and were asked to share a kiss in front of the guests.

Yao also picked up Ye in his arms, and the bride had to light a cigarette for her tallest teammate, who was standing on a chair above the towering couple.

Guests dined on grouper, abalone, roast pork and ginseng chicken soup during the 10-course meal.

“I can tell you there was definitely no shark’s fin,” Zhang said, referring to the traditional banquet delicacy that Yao pledged to give up after becoming spokesman for environmental groups that oppose the killing of sharks for their fins.

No teammates or coaches from the Houston Rockets were present, Zhang said. Yao plans to host a dinner when he returns to Texas.

Yao and Ye left the hotel Friday with two luggage carts full of presents. Among them was a crystal warrior figurine from Wang Zhizhi, the first Chinese in the NBA and now a player in China’s professional league and on the national team.

“I hope he will be fierce like a warrior during next year’s Beijing Olympics,” Wang told the Beijing Morning Post.

Yao and his wife returned to Shanghai on Friday and will leave in the next couple of days to honeymoon in Europe.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #34
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

she doesn't look that bad in the pic w/ her holding the ball, but the pic w/ her laughing is nasty. they were probably given a shotgun wedding by the chinese government to produce huge offspring for future olympic domination.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #35
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

Two things:

1. Chinese
2. Tall

Was there any chance Yao ended up with a woman that wasn't those things? I say HELL NO! So with that in mind....I think he made out pretty well...considering there aren't many fish in that pool.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #36
Jakez On Point11
I brick open layups

Jakez On Point11 has an OK reputation so far

im glad hell when i get in the nba imma get stoned the day b4 the nba finals. beat that yao.
Jakez On Point11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: