Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 01-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.
Default Thoughts on Webber?

Just curious what everyone thinks of Webber as a Mav. He was bought out yesterday and has expressed interest in the mavs (pho, miami, sa, denver as well). I also read a few articles which say the Mav's are very interested (although no quotes to back it up).

His contract being bought out makes acquiring him much harder since we have no more MLE, a full roster, and are over the cap. I'm not sure how realistic acquiring him is, just wanted to throw it out there and see what people think.

Personally I want to move croshere, and realistically I dont expect him to be with the team at the end of the year. I like him as a player, but if he's not playing and has an expiring contract like that, his value is too high to keep. Right now Webber is probably the most talent we could get in place of Croshere; however, philly wont do a S&T for him after buying him out, I think few other teams would be able to do a S&T either. We do have our LLE, but that's what... like 1.5M? Maybe trade croshere for a draft pick, cash, whatever... and do a one year with webber for the LLE?
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

First he has to clear waivers, pretty much a formality. His contract is bought out, so I'm thinking he's not worried about money the rest of this season. He's a cheap rental. So it's which team he feel has a chance to go far, and how will he fit in.

One knock against going to the Mavs is the lack of playing time he'll get there. And I could see Webber having a problem accepting a role like Stack has.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Even though he stated the Mavs as a possible destination, he said it was the least likeliest place he would go.

We offer him the least amount of minutes and places like Detriot(hometown) and Miami(still have MLE left) are just more appealing places.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
MagicToWorthy
Kids at the park dunk on me

MagicToWorthy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Even though he stated the Mavs as a possible destination, he said it was the least likeliest place he would go.

We offer him the least amount of minutes and places like Detriot(hometown) and Miami(still have MLE left) are just more appealing places.

He's not going to Dallas sorry :)
MagicToWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicToWorthy
He's not going to Dallas sorry :)

Another incompetent pre-teen Laker fan? That makes like 293874982347928347 now.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

i guess i should have been a bit more clear. I know its not incredibly likely, but I guess i was much more curious as to whether or not people would want him.

ignoring how likely or unlikely him joining the mavs may be, i'm gonna go ahead and say id like him. despite him losing playing time i feel that the desire for a title (as seen in the last few years by other vets) can heavily out weigh other issues. I also think he'd give us a big man who can post up (although he seems to prefer the midrange jumper). He would also add another dimension to the mavs, a tier inbetween small ball with george at pf and a true center. Not to mention he might have the right balance between size and quickness to actually slow duncan a bit (which no single person on the mavs can seem to do). Lets also be honest, we give him the best chance at a ring, and we couuld probably find about 20min for him.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

I wouldn't mind him as backup for Dirk instead of Croshere. If he fit in the system and still had some game left, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Dirk on the court together at times.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

as a Mavs fan, I hope he doesn't come to Dallas. why? here's a couple reasons.

he said he wants to go where he'll get significant minutes. He's not going to get them in Dallas, with Howard and Nowitzki manning the forwards positions. so it's just a matter of time before he starts complaining about playing time.

he's not that good of a player anymore. he's got pretty much the same game as Croshere. catch the ball, spot up and shoot. okay, so maybe he's a better passer, but it's not like he's going to be a huge upgrade.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:13 AM   #9
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Would love him taking Croshere's spot but its not happening, he is going to Detroit. Its being reported on yahoosports.com
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #10
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if he was willing to be a backup that got maybe 20 minutes per i'd be all for it. but i doubt he is.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #11
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

He officially announced today he will sign with the Detroit Pistons.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: