Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: is this the worst generation in cinema history??

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Just saw Ford vs Ferrari and Doctor Sleep

I thought they were pretty good
    Yeah I gotta watch FvF for Bale.

2020 looking better than last

Dune
    Bond ( Ana De Armas )
    Tenet
    Top Gun
    Quiet Place 2
    Bad Boys 3

on deep horizon: Matrix, Sicario 3, BladeRunner

https://streamable.com/kzbjz

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    2020 looking better than last

Dune
    Bond ( Ana De Armas )
    Tenet
    Top Gun
    Quiet Place 2
    Bad Boys 3

on deep horizon: Matrix, Sicario 3, BladeRunner

https://streamable.com/kzbjz

damn I can't wait for Tenet

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    damn I can't wait for Tenet
    oh you already know

It's definitely the worst generation for good quality shows that contain a good moral message or have some educational value to teach kids. This article goes into detail on it:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/healt...edy/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    oh you already know

youre what millennials call "nostalgia fa@@". The content of entertainment that is watchable today is at the highest peak its ever been, and here you are listing some original movies from the 90s expecting sequels to be good and claiming that this generation sucks for it. go take a break old timer.

I have a feeling Dune is going to be the 2020 hit. Directed by Villeneuve, soundtrack by Zimmer.

Anything starring big dick Brolin seems to be a smash

A lot of hype behind this film. The Novel is a classic, the 80's film was underwhelming

The production value and overall appearance in your average movie today >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the production value in your average movie even from 20 years ago, never mind 30 or 40 years ago.

That being said, the movies themselves are mostly shit today... especially compared to previous eras. It's undeniable. Hollywood doesn't produce many new films that are genuinely well done with great stories any longer. There are a few ever year, but they aren't every week or two like they used to be. I mean Hollywood has dropped off HARD in terms of original content.

Hell, how many sequels do they turn out just to milk a franchise's name? It's unreal. And the new franchises that come out just suck major ass, usually.

Comedies are at an all time low. They've never been less funny. Action movies have never been worse. We've had a few bright spots, such as John Wick... but mostly complete whiffs.

It really says a lot about the state of Hollywood when the best franchise running is the MCU and even then, almost every single movie they release feels just like the previous one except with different characters. Hell, the characters themselves have even blended together in terms of personality traits, over the years. Lots of Tony Stark imitators, basically.

As for the guy saying that video games have never been better, that's also bullshit. It's the exact same thing going on in Hollywood. Yes, the GRAPHICS themselves have never been better. That's undeniable. But the game play itself is complete and utter dog shit today. Each game gets dumbed down further and further for the masses. Look at Fortnite... arguably the most popular online video game ever, and it's complete and utter trash made for completely naive children that have no idea what skill based games look like and no understanding that the outcomes they're being fed from one match to the next are damn near lottery based, lol. Such is the outcome with all battle royales.

Video games peaked in the 90s/early 2000s. Every thing since then has basically just been rehashed bullshit with massively inferior game play and way better graphics.

TV? I don't know. I will say Mr. Robot is the only show I'm aware of currently running that I have personally seen(I know there are a lot I haven't actually seen.. like a lot a lot) that I just HAVE to see. The Sopranos and Breaking Bad are by far and away my favorite two TV series ever and they were in different eras. TV probably is at an all time high both in story telling and production value. There has never been a TV era where it was high quality content all over the place... except arguably now.

Summary...

Hollywood today? Dog shit.
    Video games today? Dog shit.
    TV today? All time high.
    Last edited by Shogon; 11-17-2019 at 10:05 PM.

nah Vidyas are always peaking and stay consistently at an all time high based on technical limitations and constant advancements

story
    mechanics
    visuals
    soundtracs
    AI
    PvP (online)
    length

todays >>>>>> yesterdays

and will continue to break barriers with every generation and so on

childhood nostalgia won't change that, neither will using a childrens game like Fortnite as an example is comparable to saying Barney reflected 90's television

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    nah Vidyas are always peaking and stay consistently at an all time high based on technical limitations and constant advancements

story
    mechanics
    visuals
    soundtracs
    AI
    PvP (online)
    length

todays >>>>>> yesterdays

childhood nostalgia won't change that, neither will using a childrens game like Fortnite as an example is comparable to saying Barney reflected 90's television
    First person shooters are undeniably worse than the 90s and early 2000s and by that I mean Quake. Quake 1 and Quake3 aka QuakeLive are the pinnacle of FPS. Hell I played Quake Champions today and while it’s way prettier with more bells and whistles... the gameplay is dumbed down (not much because it is Quake after all but still).

It’s not nostalgia... John Carmack is the smartest person ever involved in the history of video games and it’s not a coincidence that when he basically stopped programming that iD started to go down hill pretty rapidly even when he was involved in other ways.

story
    mechanics
    visuals
    soundtracs
    AI
    PvP (online)
    length

todays >>>>>> yesterdays

yeah video games are insanely superior. Battlefield even incorporates bullet drop into every weapon to make them realistic. Takes skill to snipe or use a rifle at a long distance.

I haven't played many of the newer titles, but i can confidently say video games are much superior now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    First person shooters are undeniably worse than the 90s and early 2000s and by that I mean Quake. Quake 1 and Quake3 aka QuakeLive are the pinnacle of FPS. Hell I played Quake Champions today and while it’s way prettier with more bells and whistles... the gameplay is dumbed down (not much because it is Quake after all but still).

It’s not nostalgia... John Carmack is the smartest person ever involved in the history of video games and it’s not a coincidence that when he basically stopped programming that iD started to go down hill pretty rapidly even when he was involved in other ways.
    still on this Quake shtick?

(and I loved Quake Arena)

as someone who grew up on NES/SNES:

loved Ken Griffey BBAll but it's not better than The Show

loved Super Tecmo Bowl but it's not better than modern Maddens

loved Punch Out but it's not better than Fight Night

loved Mario/Donkey Kong but it's not better than The Witcher 3/God of War/Uncharted 4/Bloodbourne

You can BREEEEEEZE through 90's games in under a couple hours, nowadays you'll be lucky to get past the tutorial and cutscenes in that timeframe.

It's not even close

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    yeah video games are insanely superior. Battlefield even incorporates bullet drop into every weapon to make them realistic. Takes skill to snipe or use a rifle at a long distance.

I haven't played many of the newer titles, but i can confidently say video games are much superior now.
    The timeframe it takes to make games now is insane, up to a year just for a single level/chapter.

GTAV took 7 years to make

Some of those early Playstation games entire data could be stored on a single cosmetic skin of a modern DLC

The manpower + brainpower of todays titles >>>>>> yesteryears

1 megabite

1 terabite

still on this Quake shtick?

(and I loved Quake Arena)

as someone who grew up on NES/SNES:

loved Ken Griffey BBAll but it's not better than The Show

loved Super Tecmo Bowl but it's not better than modern Maddens

loved Punch Out but it's not better than Fight Night

loved Mario/Donkey Kong but it's not better than The Witcher 3/God of War/Uncharted 4/Bloodbourne

You can BREEEEEEZE through 90's games in under a couple hours, nowadays you'll be lucky to get past the tutorial and cutscenes in that timeframe.

It's not even close
    You’re conflating graphics/amount of content with fun gameplay. They’re not the same thing. Not to me. Maybe to your prototypical user I guess, I don’t know.

Again... back to shooters... where are the first person shooters that offer better single player experience than Duke Nukem 3D and HalfLife 1 and 2? They don’t exist.