Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-22-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
mr. crossover
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default lakers ndbl team

i just wanted to know what is your take on the buss family having their own nbdl team???
actually i think it is a great idea for the lakers, and there will be several other teams that are going to follow suit. the way i see it is that this will help the lakers by having the new players (unless you are an allstar like myself or kevin garnett) that comes to the lakers to first go to the nbdl to learn how to play not only the fundementals that you need to play in the nba. but to learn how to play the laker way which for now is phil jacksons triangle system. this will give us the advantage by having players at the ready when being called up to play at the nba level, to replace an injured player, or if a player is struggling on our team can be sent down to correct his problem, while calling up a player that has developed and know how to play in the triangle with no problems, knowing his spots and angles without second guessing,and to run plays that are being called in an instant. and not only will this help us player wise, but this will help us by having our coaches groomed into becoming into a headcoach or asst/hc within our system being the triangle. that will be a perfect place for kurt rambis,brian shaw, and craig hodges to not only learn the triangle but have actual hands on coaching duties in which can be reviewed by phil,jim,frank, tex winter, etc... . that way we will be prepaired not only with our players, but as well as having the next headcoach at the ready also (jim cleamons)!!!

what do you think???
mr. crossover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

I also think it is a good idea, the Lakers get to pick the developmental coaching staff and implement the Triangle at the minor league level, the other D-League teams would not run there offense so it would have been a total waste to send their young guys down. By having their own D-League franchise they can focus totally on developing players to play in the triangle, winning games really will not matter.

I also like the Double Header idea, get there early and you can see the D-Fenders for free.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Gives more players to practice the triangle with.... I wonder if its a trend that will be followed by others in the league.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
mr. crossover
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i believe it will!!!
mr. crossover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
lakerfreak