Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-11-2006, 04:37 AM   #31
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Oh ok that explains alot, and why you hate on Ben so much...

Although I guess you have seen him play more than we have, good work.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #32
final.wrath
Banned

i dont hate him. hes a great fit for chicago but not a very good fit for a flip saunders team.

i dont exactly think hes worth 15 million a year but he should enjoy the defensive focus in chicago. i just think the bulls are going in the wrong direction. if they aready had the greatest defense in the league why did they sacrifice offense for even more defense? unless ben can prove me wrong next season and force defenders to guard him.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #33
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

We've been over this, but you dont seem to acknowledge that they didnt sacrifice offense for defense. Ben has basically replaced Chandler, who is far worse offensivley than wallace. So theres no sacrifice. Plus Wallace is a much better defender than Chandler, its a huge upgrade.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #34
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath[B
]the bulls had a decievingly high ppg stat last year. the only way I can explain that is that they scored more when they played bad teams[/b]. Despite their ppg, they only had +.05 average difference of points given up and scored. that was the worst of any team in the playoffs. they also were like .200 when the other team scored 100 or more. that shows they cant keep up in high scoring games. their FG percentage was worse than the pistons too.

PPG is a clear indicator of offensive production and the Bulls didn't do it against bad teams (see the series against the World Champion Heat. Also look at the game log for the 2005-06 season (95 against Spurs, 106 v Spurs, 94 v Mavericks, 97 v Heat, 94 v Mavericks ect)

Just because you don't have a post scorer has no bearing on winning, ask your Pistons teams and the 6 championship Bulls teams.

Also I like your assessment of the point differential which I think is the biggest stat in deterimining a winning team.

A) The Bulls weren't the worst playoff team

B) Their differential will change with a better defense, up at least 2 ppg. That would bring them to 2.63ppg, which would rank 5-6th in the league, which I think is a good assessment of their overall standing.

I don't think they are a championship team quite yet, but they will be top 4 in the East, and they will be a good playoff team.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:35 AM   #35
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
We've been over this, but you dont seem to acknowledge that they didnt sacrifice offense for defense. Ben has basically replaced Chandler, who is far worse offensivley than wallace. So theres no sacrifice. Plus Wallace is a much better defender than Chandler, its a huge upgrade.

tyson chandler is a better offensive player then ben wallace. hes not good but hes better than ben. were other teams guarding chandler? either way, this year get used to having double teams on your scorers because ben wont have a man on him. i'd say thats sacrificng offense for defense.

but whatever this argument is getting old.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:42 AM   #36
goillcity
I brick open layups

really old

ben wallace is the shiz'ni'iz'nit
people don't hate motivate
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:16 AM   #37
final.wrath
Banned

its nice to know that nazr did better than ben in their respective debuts tho