Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What's Worse: PG or Rose's Injury?

I'm sorry breaking both the Tibia and Fibula is not only worse, it's more visceral, and brutal. The visual trauma alone that it has on not just PG, but everyone else. I couldn't even play today in a college reunion game cause injuries like that shake me to my core. I need a few days to recover in order to mentally reboot. ACL's take a year or so to fully recover from. I don't what it's like thank god to break BOTH bones in your leg. Seeing your leg snap is a shocking thing. Breaking through the skin and everything. Kevin Ware's injury did the same thing to me. It's odd we're seeing this more in a sport like basketball. It shouldn't be happening.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by played0ut
    ^

Actually, healed broken bones are no less or more likely to break again the the future.
    I really don't want to be in the position of defending the negative because I think we are all uniform in hoping and praying for a full recovery for PG but there a couple of things to keep in mind....1. These injuries are not common for basketball players... a compound is rare... so there is not a lot of data to go by, and 2. It killed Sam Bowie's career and Kevin Ware is still trying to get back to the level he used to be at. Hopefully PG won't have any of those problems. Despite what might be written in a medical text book I just think life experience has shown us it is too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    I really don't want to be in the position of defending the negative because I think we are all uniform in hoping and praying for a full recovery for PG but there a couple of things to keep in mind....1. These injuries are not common for basketball players... a compound is rare... so there is not a lot of data to go by, and 2. It killed Sam Bowie's career and Kevin Ware is still trying to get back to the level he used to be at. Hopefully PG won't have any of those problems. Despite what might be written in a medical text book I just think life experience has shown us it is too early to tell.
    Dude Sam Bowie was drafted 30 years ago..medical technology isn't even comparable then to now. And yeah it was a compound fracture, but it's not as rare as you'd think. It was a clean break and there was no additional ligament or tendon damage, mostly due to the location of the break. ACL and Achilles tears/ruptures look harmless visually compared to PG's injury but structurally they're much more concerning. We're all getting a bit carried away based on how visually gruesome it was..but the reality is, he's most likely going to be fine. Like I said earlier the mental hurdle is really gonna test him and physically he has a long road ahead of him..but overall his career as a star player is very much alive.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Dude Sam Bowie was drafted 30 years ago..medical technology isn't even comparable then to now. And yeah it was a compound fracture, but it's not as rare as you'd think. It was a clean break and there was no additional ligament or tendon damage, mostly due to the location of the break. ACL and Achilles tears/ruptures look harmless visually compared to PG's injury but structurally they're much more concerning. We're all getting a bit carried away based on how visually gruesome it was..but the reality is, he's most likely going to be fine. Like I said earlier the mental hurdle is really gonna test him and physically he has a long road ahead of him..but overall his career as a star player is very much alive.
    The mere fact that I had to google and find Sam Bowie from 30 years ago tells you how rare this is. You can believe what you want bro but for me, I will reserve judgment until I actually see the "full" recovery you speak of.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 08-02-2014 at 05:59 PM.