Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: 16 Team All-Time Draft Regular Season Thread

Surprised I haven't gotten a vote yet But I think it is easy to overlook my team because I don't exactly have lots of popular superstars, I think I would thrive more in h2h situations.

But to try and bring in a few votes, I'll bring up a few points. My team is led by Bill Russell, the greatest winner and locker room leader OF ALL TIME, along with the core of a very cohesive and tough Detroit Bad Boys. There is absolutely no way Russell and Isiah will let their team go down, and I have the kind of team that will dog it out with defense and heart.

As for the Millbuck/Raider heated debate (I like that, playoff atmosphere already), this could really make an interesting matchup. I hope you guys matchup in the playoffs.

Anthony Davis is one of the few rare players that you can actually put on Dirk. And I think KD is gonna have a field day on any of Mill's wing defenders. BUT Millbuck has a huge edge in the backcourt, and the leadership on Team Raider is a little suspect. DRob/KD both very passive leaders and the rest of your core is really young and unproven.

Tier 1: Buffalo, Milbuck, Cold Soul

Tier 2: Kurple, Buckets, MP Trey

Tier 3: Wally, Hangin, Barkleynash

People are sleeping on Barkley's team...Magic/Dr J is a filthy duo, and Sabonis is getting underrated here. I have that team in 3rd tier but it's super super close.
    Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Surprised I haven't gotten a vote yet But I think it is easy to overlook my team because I don't exactly have lots of popular superstars, I think I would thrive more in h2h situations.

But to try and bring in a few votes, I'll bring up a few points. My team is led by Bill Russell, the greatest winner and locker room leader OF ALL TIME, along with the core of a very cohesive and tough Detroit Bad Boys. There is absolutely no way Russell and Isiah will let their team go down, and I have the kind of team that will dog it out with defense and heart.
    I think your bench lacks offensive firepower. Lin and Jet are nice players but they're gonna get wrecked by some of the other 2nd unit backcourts like KJ/Alvin Robertson for hangin, Nate McMillan and Manu, Rose and B-Roy, etc. Same goes for Horry/Laimbeer with opposing PF/C combos like McDyess/Divac, Kemp/Parish, LMA/Oakley, etc.

I really, really love your starting 5 though. People are sleeping on Russell and Isiah here. Extremely balanced..spacing might be a small issue but the defense will be legendary. I think your team is on the border between 2 and 3.

have an exam on tuesday and i'm mad far behind, but i'll try to write my tactics tomorrow.

minute distribution is in the old thread. but some would depend on the matchup ofc

No one likes my team at all either.

Tier 1
    Gotterdammerung: the smartest, of course.
    BuffaloBraves: the 1993 Bulls on 'roids.
    Kshutts: Best backcourt and with Gilmore, the best overall.
    Wally World: Backcourt synergy with insane frontcourt? Might work.
    Cold Soul: David Thompson gets PT & Baylor becomes sixth man results in better balance
    Barkley Nash: Two Pantheon guys in Dr. J & Magic. 'Nuff said.

Tier 2
    Millbuck: Not physical enough to be elite.
    MP Trey: Nash + Olajuwon = fast break + halfcourt geniuses.
    About Buckets: Decent with Walton and Sir Charles, but not enough.
    RaiderFan 19: Nice length, will be great as defensive pressing team. No clutch guys tho
    HangintheAir: talented, but chemistry is skewered.
    Kurple: Not physical enough.

Tier 3
    Imagine: Strong frontcourt, but not a good fit for the Triangle.
    Random Guy: New School.
    Demitri: Nice athleticism, Carlisle might get them to play over their heads.
    KobesFinger: Not versatile enough on offense.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Why my squad should be in your top tier:

#1 Magic as the Best Point Guard to ever play elevates the rest of the teams play. He gets the ball to the right guy at the right time where they will have the best chance of success.

#2 Great offensive balance- We have great post scoring (Sabonis, Petit, Magic), legit shooting from deep (*Oscar, Kawhi 38%, Magic 38%, Klay 41%, and *Sabonis), above the rim finishers (*Dr J, McDyess, Kawhi). It's very hard to guard and game plan for a versatile team like this.

#3 Elite rebounding and passing that will trigger the Best Fast Break in the League: Sabonis and Petit are both beasts on the glass and both have some of the best outlet passing in the history of the game, especially Sabonis. Dr J with 11 rpg Magic 6.6 rpg, and Kawhi 6.2 rpg are all very good rebounders as well which rounds out a very balanced rebounding starting lineup and can all obviously get out and run!

#4 Chemistry: I feel chemistry is vital for any teams success, especially over a full season. This team has defined roles and playing time that the players would legitimately accept from the stars, all the way down to the role players and bench player rookies.

#5 More Chemistry: Also I purposely mostly drafted players that didn't need to be ball dominant but were still elite finishers and/or shooters so there would be no fighting over the rock. Magic wold decide and decide wisely who was getting the ball.

#6 Freaky Big Hands...that should be reason enough. Also I'd like to propose a trade for Giannis (1 of Dr J's illegitimate sons...)

Minutes Breakdown:

PG: Magic 37min/ Lenny Wilkens 11 min
    SG: Leonard 29 min/ Schmidt 19 min/ Rookie Klay in for injuries/extreme foul trouble or garbage time
    SF: Dr J 37 min/ Scmidt 11 min
    PF: Pettit 36 min/ McDyess 12 min
    C: Sabonis 36 min/ McDyess 12 min/ Rookie Divac in for injures/extreme foul trouble or garbage time
    Last edited by barkleynash; 10-26-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    No one likes my team at all either.

Tier 1
    Gotterdammerung: the smartest, of course.
    BuffaloBraves: the 1993 Bulls on 'roids.
    Kshutts: Best backcourt and with Gilmore, the best overall.
    Wally World: Backcourt synergy with insane frontcourt? Might work.
    Cold Soul: David Thompson gets PT & Baylor becomes sixth man results in better balance
    Barkley Nash: Two Pantheon guys in Dr. J & Magic. 'Nuff said.

Tier 2
    Millbuck: Not physical enough to be elite.
    MP Trey: Nash + Olajuwon = fast break + halfcourt geniuses.
    About Buckets: Decent with Walton and Sir Charles, but not enough.
    RaiderFan 19: Nice length, will be great as defensive pressing team. No clutch guys tho
    HangintheAir: talented, but chemistry is skewered.
    Kurple: Not physical enough.

Tier 3
    Imagine: Strong frontcourt, but not a good fit for the Triangle.
    Random Guy: New School.
    Demitri: Nice athleticism, Carlisle might get them to play over their heads.
    KobesFinger: Not versatile enough on offense.
    love the overall breakdown but you gotta narrow it down to just 3 teams per tier. thx

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    As for the Millbuck/Raider heated debate (I like that, playoff atmosphere already), this could really make an interesting matchup. I hope you guys matchup in the playoffs.

Anthony Davis is one of the few rare players that you can actually put on Dirk. And I think KD is gonna have a field day on any of Mill's wing defenders. BUT Millbuck has a huge edge in the backcourt, and the leadership on Team Raider is a little suspect. DRob/KD both very passive leaders and the rest of your core is really young and unproven.
    I agree it's a good matchup..But I disagree on KD having a field day against my wings..Mullin definitely. But this is one of those match ups I mentioned in my breakdown where Butler would be playing huge minutes, to strengthen my perimeter defense. No one's locking KD down but Jimmy can do as good a job as anyone this side of Pippen, Artest, etc to contain him. And Kobe can help out with some trapping defense, with Eddie Jones not being a huge offensive threat at SG. I think Dirk/Aldridge/Oakley would wear down AD/Detlef/Chandler though, and D-Rob isn't much better than Ewing to close that gap. But Penny/Kobe would murder Eddie Jones and Mookie.

You don't have a go to mismatch in that game. As great as dirk/Kobe are we can cause them problems and Kobe would shoot you out of the game.

On the other hand my team can go at whomever mullin is guarding, put dirk in pick and rolls(or Ewing, even young Ewing isn't athletic enough to hedge and recover on prime drob) and if it's Ewing you have no rim protection behind him. On the other hand all of my guys can press because we have two elite shotblockers(and that prevents us from being in a situation like you have where if you put my center in a pick and roll Iv still got another shotblocker

And I disagree about Kobe murdering Eddie. Vehemently disagree

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    love the overall breakdown but you gotta narrow it down to just 3 teams per tier. thx
    Just three?

College superstar

I like the "vote for your own team to reward active managers" wrinkle.

Though I'd rather it be... "if you vote, don't vote for yourself, but you automatically get 3 points".

I know I'm not in the hierarchy here, but I think that's a better way to go about it.

I appreciate those that are voting for my team. I love it, and I'll talk about it later (don't have the time now), but I just thought someone would harp on my relative lack of historical talent.

Anyway, I just wanted to touch base to say I have not forgotten, and I'll be on later to do some serious reading/work to make my votes.

Tier 1: Barkleynash, Kshutts, Iamgine

Tier 2: Buffalo, MP Trey, Wally

Tier 3: Hangin, Cold Soul, Kurple

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    Just three?

3 teams per tier so 9 in total. Including yourself of course.

Tier 1

Gotterdammerung
    Cold soul
    Buffalo

Tier 2

Millbuck
    MP Trey
    HangintheAir

Tier 3

KobesFinger
    Barkleynash