Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
Bill Russell
Banned
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3,607
Default Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

No google, cheaters.

For some reason my brain retains a ton of useless shit like this...

First one...




"But... you already know what I'm going to tell you."
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #2
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,916
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
No google, cheaters.

For some reason my brain retains a ton of useless shit like this...

First one...




"But... you already know what I'm going to tell you."

I don't even remember the Matrix much but for some reason that popped into my mind first. Probably wrong, but hey I didn't cheat.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
Bill Russell
Banned
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I don't even remember the Matrix much but for some reason that popped into my mind first. Probably wrong, but hey I didn't cheat.

-Smak

Damn you. Good guess.

"We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean."
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #4
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,366
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
Damn you. Good guess.

"We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean."

Walking dead? Just a wild guess im far from a movie guy but i feel like i heard a similar quote in that show
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:07 PM   #5
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,141
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

hateful eight?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:14 PM   #6
Im Still Ballin
well well well
 
Im Still Ballin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19,912
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

"Luke, I am your father"
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:16 PM   #7
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
Damn you. Good guess.

"We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean."
Terminator 2. Ive seen that movie literally over 100 times
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:18 PM   #8
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Maybe it's because I'm irish

(I know this isn't that obscure but not trying to just start at the deep end lol)
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:27 PM   #9
VictorMosquito
\_(ツ)_/
 
VictorMosquito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 610
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Movies are for fats.
VictorMosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:42 PM   #10
Im Still Ballin
well well well
 
Im Still Ballin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 19,912
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

get to da choppah!
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:47 PM   #11
Bill Russell
Banned
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Terminator 2. Ive seen that movie literally over 100 times

Yep, T2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Maybe it's because I'm irish

(I know this isn't that obscure but not trying to just start at the deep end lol)

I've seen that movie but only once or twice and so I definitely had to Google that. Good stuff. Curious if anyone guesses it, I'd be impressed...



How about this? Should be guessable. Not something that ever really gets recited, but it's early in an iconic movie...

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:51 PM   #12
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22,571
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

"No..you're wrong colonel Sanders."
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:11 AM   #13
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
Yep, T2.



I've seen that movie but only once or twice and so I definitely had to Google that. Good stuff. Curious if anyone guesses it, I'd be impressed...



How about this? Should be guessable. Not something that ever really gets recited, but it's early in an iconic movie...

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."
Goodfellas?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:26 AM   #14
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s
 
Cleverness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,628
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell
Yep, T2.



I've seen that movie but only once or twice and so I definitely had to Google that. Good stuff. Curious if anyone guesses it, I'd be impressed...



How about this? Should be guessable. Not something that ever really gets recited, but it's early in an iconic movie...

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj2mZCZ_79Q
Cleverness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:27 AM   #15
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s
 
Cleverness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,628
Default Re: Guess the relatively obscure quotes from notable movies thread...

I knew the T2 one when I saw it. I, too, have seen that movie too many times to count





"All a man needs in this life is someone to love. If you can't give him that, give him something to hope for. If you can't give him that, give him something to do."
Cleverness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy