Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Assets

Default Trade Assets

Phil inherited a team with no Assets and now he has some

Lopez has good value
    Afflalo might ? Have value?

Carmelo and porzingis don't count because of being untouchable
    Grant would have to take huge value to move

Isn't there always a chance dwill or Galloway build value if playing well? Oquinn sure should.

Some of that positive trade value could be enough to move Calderon and perhaps try the salary cap space idea again.

Lopez, Calderon, aflallo
    For
    Joe Johnson, 2nds

Grant, afflalo, Calderon
    For
    Holiday, Ryan Anderson

Kobe , clarkson, young
    For
    Lopez, afflalo, Calderon

Default Re: Trade Assets

i like bargnani and jason smith...phil gave them great deals
    bringing back JR smith like you said phil would do was genius...
    you were spot on on josh smith dieing to snag a starting spot next to melo
    Last edited by bluechox2; 10-22-2015 at 03:27 AM.

They're not trading anyone.

(wants to trade Grant and Lopez for guys like Johnson and Holiday. CERTAIN this clown is a troll now.)
    I like you better when you're sleeping.
    Last edited by smoovegittar; 10-22-2015 at 04:46 PM.

I think the Lopez signing is a good one and that the pick/trade for Grant was a great one. I don't want to trade those guys but was trying to point out that the team now has tradable assets when before it didn't.

How could the get cap space and then sign a superstar be out the window now? Because of Lopez and afflalo?

Everybody wants Calderon moved but don't want to add to him?

Is this roster really what you want for the next 2-3 seasons? There's enough cap space to do what next year? Bring back d will and Galloway? Is that really enough

Calderon- no arguments right?
    Afflalo- will opt in and you'll wish he wasn't taking up cap space next year
    D will- will opt out and Knicks get nothing from him moving forward or use all the space to bring him back.

2 years from now there may only be a handful of current Knicks. The way I see it is that your core is Carmelo, porzingis, grant, o'quinn (because of his contract), Lopez, and then prob Galloway if re sign and Williams

Is Lopez 13 mill per? Yes. Would you rather have Lopez, Calderon, and afflalo or 28 million in cap space?

That's the real premise here. Calderon and afflalo have to go- how do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    They're not trading anyone.

(wants to trade Grant and Lopez for guys like Johnson and Holiday. CERTAIN this clown is a troll now.)
    I like you better when you're sleeping.
    Wait you wouldn't trade grant and Lopez for jrue holiday and joe Johnson? (Never mind the fact that I put a ton of value in the joe Johnson deal for getting rid of Calderon and afflalo)

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    i like bargnani and jason smith...phil gave them great deals
    bringing back JR smith like you said phil would do was genius...
    you were spot on on josh smith dieing to snag a starting spot next to melo
    Josh smith is a much better player than d Williams and would have been half the price

Jr smith is a much better player than afflalo at less money

Bargnani's ability to get on the court was something I didn't predict and can't justify. Phil decided that his presence was such a negative or that he would get enough good will from the fans by scapegoating him. For a min contract (unless his attitude really is that bad) it was stupid not to bring him back to try to get something out of him. It would've been hedging that bet on the draft pick. My guess is that they wanted to keep moving away from previous regime choices.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Wait you wouldn't trade grant and Lopez for jrue holiday and joe Johnson? (Never mind the fact that I put a ton of value in the joe Johnson deal for getting rid of Calderon and afflalo)
    Joe Johnson is washed up. Grant has a ton of upside. Robin Lopez has been great for us - we wouldn't have a win yet without him.

We finally have some promise with this group of players, and YOUTH. This is not a "win now" team, however badly you may feel about Carmelo being traded or leaving. The Melo/Stat/Chandler era is long over.

Jackson is about building a winning mentality. He values this over a championship won by a group of players whose better years are behind them. And I believe most true fans of NY want this as well. I know I do.

I'm fine with the youth players we have.. They have crazy potential. Makes me happy that they're playing the way they look like they are, competitive. Give it 20-30 games in the season and they'll really start to mesh. Add some better players next year, this team can really be deadly.

Calderon for Mario Chalmers and birdman

Attaching no value to Calderon

Could you get phoenix's last Morris brother? Brandon Jennings?

It seems like there could be a team that would like to save some money but would give 9 or so mill expirer for 2-3 mill off luxury tax bill now

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Calderon for Mario Chalmers and birdman

You got a deal right there.

I never understood the purpose of mocking up trades? No ones looking into this shit but us

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I never understood the purpose of mocking up trades? No ones looking into this shit but us
    I just like to know if fans think a trade is good value to which team and if they think they'd be good for the Knicks. Just a curiosity thing. What is your purpose to posting?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I dont think the Knicks make any trades other than moving Calderon. I'd certainly do that calderon for chalmers and bird idea.

The others have no shot at happening.

I'm back on that feeling that Melo should be traded. More than ever, his style of play does not suit this team, and they've shown the ability to get by without him. Wonder what PJ has up his sleeve.