Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Possible 3-team deal: Alston to Magic, Lowry to Rockets, others

Magic now has 3 PGs (actually 4)
    Skip to my LOU and Tyrone LUE are teammates...
    I wonder if they are somehow related?

NBA lottery pick

Brooks can more then help us as a starter. anytime brooks has seen more minutes then rafer, we've either played better or won. also in adelmans system you dont need a playmaker. you need consistent shooters. good players off the ball. thats what brooks is. i'm glad this is finally brooks team from here on.

This also frees up for wafer, brent barry and even luther head. i can see wafer getting half or atleast 1/4 of rafers minutes now. that should make him a 25 minutes a game player. thats fine by me.
    Last edited by ronnymac; 02-19-2009 at 06:55 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Another thing is Rafer had his best season under Stan van gundy in miami. so gundy knows how to use him. thanks for everything rafer and best wishes in orlando to you and you're family.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

I don't know I just don't like Brooks setting the offense, he doesn't run it as well as Alston. I don't know I guess I'll just have to see how this goes.

Hellbound

How many of you have actually seen Lowry? He's actually a pretty good PG when given the minutes. His shot isn't great, but he's a capable and willing passer and works hard on the boards and plays defense.

He could possibly be the welfare Jason Kidd.

When I saw this proposal, I thought the Rockets got a pretty good deal, and you got people here sayin they're gettin shafted. I don't understand the trade from the Grizzlies perspective, but based upon their recent history, I'm not gonna try to understand it.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayGuevara
    How many of you have actually seen Lowry? He's actually a pretty good PG when given the minutes. His shot isn't great, but he's a capable and willing passer and works hard on the boards and plays defense.

He could possibly be the welfare Jason Kidd.

When I saw this proposal, I thought the Rockets got a pretty good deal, and you got people here sayin they're gettin shafted. I don't understand the trade from the Grizzlies perspective, but based upon their recent history, I'm not gonna try to understand it.
    Well Kyle has been struggling in Hollins system and Jaric has won the backup point guard role so we traded him for a pick and we get more cap space to sign a big name player either this off-season or the next.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    tell me.. you actually like SKIP?????

as Rockets fans. we have 2 guys we desperately want out of the team

rafer and head.

I mean skip has his moments but I would rather give brooks more minutes.
    I liked Rafer and feel he was highly undervalued by fans in Houston. I just didn't like it when Rafer shot the ball, but the guy runs a very clean and crisp offense......something that Brooks has hasn't shown he's capable of yet.

Rafer Alston is a good solid PG, who runs a good offense, and he takes care of the ball.

RP 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    I liked Rafer and feel he was highly undervalued by fans in Houston. I just didn't like it when Rafer shot the ball, but the guy runs a very clean and crisp offense......something that Brooks has hasn't shown he's capable of yet.

Rafer Alston is a good solid PG, who runs a good offense, and he takes care of the ball.
    thats true.

But the Rockets dont need a playmaking pf per se. What we need is someone like brooks. a offensive threat. Rafer doesnt offer the offensive skills brooks has which is finishing and jump shooting.

sure we lose out on playmaking and handling. but we gain much more in the scoring department.

well from what i heard in NBA.com a coverage on the houston trade, it seems houston is really looking at brooks to be that point guard. from what im hearing, it seems they trust brooks and they are looking for him to be that point guard for the future... i know a lot of houston fans knew about this or that at the least this guy was talented, but from the trade, houston has basically sent the message that Aaron Brooks is our guy and i must agree, it is going to be interesting to watch....

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Well Kyle has been struggling in Hollins system and Jaric has won the backup point guard role so we traded him for a pick and we get more cap space to sign a big name player either this off-season or the next.
    I still think he's more valuable than a late first round pick, but maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen a lot from him lately, but I swear it looked like he was capable of those Jason Kidd triple doubles, just nowhere near as consistently obviously.

Memphis gets a 1st round pick for a player that they weren't using.

Houston commits to Brooks, gets a solid backup in Lowry, plus a slow-footed scrubby jump-shooting big man as a bonus.

Orlando gets a starting calibre PG, albiet inferior to Jameer, to ensure that they will still make it out of the first round and have a chance to get to the ECF. And all they give up is a pretty non-valuable pick.

Did this actually happen though?

Oh, I don't know about this deal. I have hated on Rafer in the past, but he wasn't as bad as others make it seem.

We'll see ...

Yo what i saw on tnt right now was that Houston ONLY got BRIAN COOK.

The other dudes went to Memphis, with Rafer going to Orlando.

Is this the way it went down?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Rockets fans have been begging for a Rafer-less team for years. Well now they got their wish. I distinctly remember everyone saying they'd trade him for a bag of peanuts, yada, yada, yada. Well now most wish has come true and they are angry?!?!

These are the types of moves we need to take sometimes. I think they are ready to give the team to Brooks and see something in Lowry that we don't. Alston is a great floor general and all these other things, but his shooting has always hurt this team. Finally Brooks moves into the starting line up (where he has played well, although small sample).

I'm excited. I'm excited to see what happens with this team. Should be fun. I didn't have any hopes for this season after what went down in January so I'm happy for this trade. A good young one to come and fill in for backup. I trust Morey. He has made good trades and spotted good young talent in the past, and I will trust him once again.
    yeah good young talent like gerald green.

I'm sorry Rockets fan but Brian Cook is crap. The Magic gave up Ariza for this piece of ****, now he is traded for Alston?? WTF.