Default Cavs, Grizz, Spurs, Rockets - the story of their defenses

in 8 games, the Cavs have allowed opponents to score more than 100 six times. opponents are averaging 104 ppg. only 2 games has the Cavs held opponents to 90+ points. vs Knicks and last night vs Hawks.

ofc it's still early in the season but that's gotta be a warning sign for the Cavs.

i'm not convinced yet they can win it all this year. not unless they start holding opponents to less than 90 points.

i am more impressed with the Grizz. in 10 games, opponents are avergaing 91 ppg against them. damn! what's more impressive is that they've held opponents to 80 points or less five times! Pacers - 89, Hornets - 69, Pelicans - 81, Thunder - 89, Pistons - 88

the Spurs too are defensively good. in 9 games they're allowing opponents to score 93 ppg. they've allowed opponents to score 100+ only 3 times. vs Mavs (W), Pels (L), and Warriors (W)

But if you wanted to be surprised more, take a look at the Rockets.

in 9 games, they've allowed opponents to average 91 ppg. they've held opponenst to 90 points 7 times and have only allowed 100 points once. Once! Can anyone say James Har en again?

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs, Grizz, Spurs, Rockets - the story of their defenses

memphis don't win games, they just avoid losing them

it's great for the regular season, but they need a better offense come playoff time

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB

it's great for the regular season, but they need a better offense come playoff time
    Memphis are so dangerous in the playoffs, they could have been in the WCF 3 times in four years if things would have went there way. ( unfavorable calls a couple of bounces here or there)

People don't realize how good this team actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB