Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: University cancels free yoga class because of "oppression, cultural genocide."

Yoga exercise is a glorified stretching exercise anyway.

Banned

Default Re: University cancels free yoga class because of "oppression, cultural genocide."

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Do any of these "controversies" extend beyond college campus? When was the last time you heard people up in arms about yoga being culturally appropriated outside of news reports like this?
    These retards are going to graduate college soon where they'll get jobs and bring their retarded ideas with them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Yoga exercise is a glorified stretching exercise anyway.
    That's exactly what it is, it's stretching and strengthening, you can get shredded from it.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    WTF?
    I don't understand. Can someone explain? What's wrong with yoga? Who's offended by people practicing yoga?
    those who get angry for any particular reason. (the reason hardly ever matters)

law of nature is this-- when people get offended or angry, that tends to give them energy and self-righteousness. that can be a very powerful motivator and self-energiser.

problem is that such folks tend to live from fix to fix, as you can observe right on ISH across a multiplicity of dipshits and blowhards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    These retards are going to graduate college soon where they'll get jobs and bring their retarded ideas with them.
    Or reality will punch them in the mouth and they will grow up. I'm only 25 and I'm much less ideological and sensitive than I was at 22. I feel like people my age still living at home for so long after college stunted some people and made them more like to cling to a different form of self-identity.

I feel like people will mellow but still have the same racial/cultural perspectives in the near to mid future.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 01-15-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Or reality will punch them in the mouth and they will grow up. I'm only 25 and I'm much less ideological and sensitive than I was at 22. I feel like people my age still living at home for so long after college stunted some people and made them more like to cling to a different form of self-identity.

I feel like people will mellow but still have the same racial/cultural perspectives in the near to mid future.
    The coddled rich ones who never have to see the real world will remain as they are. Unfortunately, these are the ones who often are heads of massive tech startups or who go on to become career politicians.

It is already happening in Silicon Valley, and has been that way for close to half a decade now.

Posted it a few times, but this sketch sums it up perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaPaLCuXjT8

Which is probably loosely based off this a bit

"The safe space, Ms. Byron explained, was intended to give people who might find comments “troubling” or “triggering,” a place to recuperate. The room was equipped with cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies, as well as students and staff members trained to deal with trauma. Emma Hall, a junior, rape survivor and “sexual assault peer educator” who helped set up the room and worked in it during the debate, estimates that a couple of dozen people used it. At one point she went to the lecture hall — it was packed — but after a while, she had to return to the safe space. “I was feeling bombarded by a lot of viewpoints that really go against my dearly and closely held beliefs,” Ms. Hall said."

TRIGGER WARNINGS -- We the Internet Sketch 1

WeTheInternet takes on "trigger warnings." Because college is for learning new things. And also protecting you from those things.

Last edited by jongib369; 01-15-2016 at 08:12 PM.

I'm so confused right now.