Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 5mb harddrive 50+ years ago

http://www.businessinsider.com/pictu...irplane-2014-1

Today, you can buy a 5TB 600gram hard-drive for $150 versus that 5MB 2,000 pound hard-drive for $3000 a day on rent. Hard to believe how much technology changes in 50 years.

Banned

Default Re: 5mb harddrive 50+ years ago

thats the size of one small mp3, lol

Mind boggling

man. think about if technology progresses that fast in 20 years? shit will be crazy.

The problem with current technology is that there is not much more room for improvement. Nice find OP

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    The problem with current technology is that there is not much more room for improvement. Nice find OP
    I beg to differ. Look at the advancements in computer technology in just the last 15 years. It's only going to get better as we find new ways to make things more efficient or more creative.

Banned

Is that picture real? I know they were huge (I've seen some early computers in an exhibition here) but a lot of images online of them were photoshops.

But yeah it's crazy how fast technology has taken off, even thinks like television and refrigeration weren't invented that long ago. I don't agree with people saying we've hit a peak and where can they go from here though, people have said that many times through out history in regards to technology and something new always comes around.

My brother in law bought my niece around to my place this weekend and she was showing me videos from when they went to the zoo on his galaxy, she is one and a half years old and knows how to swipe through, double tap to make it play, pin to zoom in and out for images, it's crazy. He told me that earlier in the week he got a call from my sister and it was his daughter on the phone because she has managed to unlock my sisters phone and knew how to click on the photo of him attached to the contact and called him.

I'm not expert on current technology, but I'd imagine that's the attitude that most people had over 50 years ago too, nobody could imagine computers would take over our lives completely.

Banned

CES is going on right now, lots of new cool gadgets being announced as we speak. been reading engadget.com all day

really? you think that? come on. think about all the medical stuff that need to be solved, the new things we could do with gaming, and stuff like that. we have no where to go but up

http://bigthink.com/videos/tweaking-...ilicon-era-2-2

Theres need to be a breakthrough. As far as i know current CPU architecture can go as low as 0.7nm and thats it.

Lol @ fiddy. There's always room for improvement.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd

to be honest there really wasn't much worth saving 50 years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Lol @ fiddy. There's always room for improvement.
    The point is that sillicon computing will need to be replaced with something completely new.

It's beautiful. I love my generation, my era, my life. This makes me excited, to even be apart of such improvement, evolution, just marvelous. We all should be thankful. At this rate the way technology is progressing we might have mine boggling, unbelievable inventions.

I remember 2 years ago the new iPhone was going to drop. I believe probably the 4 or the 4s. Don't recall. I was in the barbershop, and you know, barbershop talk. One of the barbers and customer was discussing the iPhone will have the ability to have hologram.

Now, holograms is possibly being invented as we talk.