Banned

Default Re: Hickson for Casspi? Advanced talks

wtf type stupid shit is this

hickson>> casspi

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Official and done

man i'll be surprised if Cav fans aren't railing against Dan Gilbert between the 4 pick and this trade. IMO this trade is horrible, should've at least been a lottery pick.

The cavs also get a 1st round pick. but it's lotto protected the 1st year... then top 10 protected...
    SAC WINS this trade

Great, great trade for Cleveland. OC is alot better than you guys are giving him credit for. He will the MIP in the NBA next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    The cavs also get a 1st round pick. but it's lotto protected the 1st year... then top 10 protected...
    SAC WINS this trade
    i thought we could get better for hickson, but obviously cleveland wants thompson to start and hickson would presumibly be angry with that so cleveland had to get a deal done before the lock out. i wish it was top 10 protected this year but it's whatever. now hickson has to play behind cousins and casspi could get solid minutes in cleveland, we did need a tall small forward and he has proven he could score.

Default Re: TRADE! Kings trade Omri Casspi, pick to Cavaliers for JJ Hickson

Damn. Sacramento just added a perfect compliment to there young core. If they could add a pass first PG (and move Jimmer or Thornton to 6th man) they'd have a bright future.

I get the Cavs want a SF, but I'd have to think they can do better.... but I guess not lol

Where my announcement! Zackmorris's Avatar

Kings did good. I think the Kings will be a solid team. Cavs could've done better.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Damn. Sacramento just added a perfect compliment to there young core. If they could add a pass first PG (and move Jimmer or Thornton to 6th man) they'd have a bright future.

I get the Cavs want a SF, but I'd have to think they can do better.... but I guess not lol
    like i said, they obviously wanted tristan to start this season and hickson would have requested a trade if that happened most likely. and since the lockout could start tonight at 12:00 it was now or never.

Banned

I've loved Hickson's game for the past couple of seasons and always wished he got more playing time when LeBron was in Cleveland. It's great that I'll be able to see him play a lot around here (if the Kings don't relocate at least). He's starting to come into his own and will complement what the Kings have developing right now nicely. Only thing I'm fearful about is an overall lack of veteran presence on a team boasting young guys with strong personalities and chips on their shoulders. Salmons is a start but, depending on if he starts/his role in Westphal's rotation, who knows how motivated he'll even be to be back in Sacramento.

The Cleveland side of this trade is a little odd to me. They praised Hickson as an integral part of the rebuild and refused to throw him into prior trades, then turn around and trade him for Casspi and a first round pick. Casspi will be a great fit at the 3 in Cleveland, but I'm convinced the Cavs could have fielded more offers and potentially received more in return.

Maybe Cleveland already has their sights set on a guy in next years draft and wanted to acquire a high pick without tanking a whole season?

Cleveland lost.

I rule the local playground Chicago Brawls's Avatar

i'd be surprised if any of these teams wins 30 games next season.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Cleveland lost.
    if it made us worse than we won. cause all the crappy teams in the league are fighting for harrison barnes next season!

The same Hickson whom Cavs did not want to include in a deal for Amare?