Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is now officially a top 10 player of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    I actually think that's a compliment. There are a lot of morons out there and so called "experts" that fall flat on their face on analysis and educated predictions every single year.
    Yeah Rockets were suppose to lose against Blazers according to the so called experts. Also weren't the Cavs suppose to be in the Finals this year?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    I Agree with Abe on this....Because I went back and foward in my mind between Moses and Kobe...Finals MVP's, League MVP's, Championships, All-NBA, All-Defensive, Gold Medal, Stats, exc, exc, with these guy's....

10. Kobe/Moses
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
    Every single person on ESPN has put Kobe right there in the pantheon of the greatest players ever. They stopped short of saying he was better than Jordan (which I agree with). He is definately top ten ever and nothing the haters say can really change that in the end. Their opinions are not worth the same as the analysts and former players and present players that are all giving Kobe Bryant the credit he deserves!
    Everybody on ESPN is caught up in the moment as well....the most sense came out of Magics' and Wilbons' mouth.

I'm not hating on Kobe but this is my honest to god opinion. BTW, I can't stand Kobe.

With this ring, he moved up a couple notches in most peoples all-time lists..ok, I give him that. Hell, he even moved up in MY list. But, what I have a serious problem with is all this top 10 stuff.

MJ
    Magic
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Bird
    Russell
    Hakeem
    Oscar(insert whoever you want in place of him if you want)

I find it hard to believe he has had a better career than anybody there at age 30. Will he be there when it's all said and done? hmmm can't say, but probably. I've been anti-Kobe since he came into the league as a cocky SG but honest, I realize the guy is the best we have seen at the SG since MJ. Rings don't automatically put you into top 10 either so you can't use that...

Someone let me know what I have been missing...

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    If Kobe isn't a Top 10 player now, then he's definetly Top 15 and will definetly be Top 10 by the end of his career. He's not done with that resume folks.
    He is only 30 years of age. Jordan accomplished like almost half of his accolades after the age of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    If Kobe isn't a Top 10 player now, then he's definetly Top 15 and will definetly be Top 10 by the end of his career. He's not done with that resume folks.
    I think most people pretty much think he has top 10 on lock, I think he can be top 5-7 by the time his career is over. I don't see him getting much higher than that but he has some more years.
    Last edited by Xsatyr; 06-15-2009 at 01:03 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Appreciate that. We just agree to disagree on certain things

YEP .. I still don't think kobe is top 10.. lOL.. I could have swarn you also wrote the same at one point... Doesn't matter Kobe won and he deserves all the props ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    I think most people pretty much he has top 10 on lock, I think he can be top 5-7. I don't see him getting much higher than that but he has some more years.
    Unless the Lakers win 2 more consecutive titles then Kobe isnt getting into the top 5-7.

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

He is borderline top ten and is tied with Moses in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Unless the Lakers win 2 more consecutive titles then Kobe isnt getting into the top 5-7.
    2 more will garuntee him to past that. Kareem, MJ, Wilt, Russell and Duncan will still be higher. I would still put Shaq over him as well even though Kobe will have more rings. But an old Shaq helped Wade get a ring, his presence is that strong.
    Last edited by Xsatyr; 06-15-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    im curious to hear where you would rank him. just saying i disagree could mean you feel he is #11 or that he is #45.
    I think he has eclipsed players like Gervin, Drexler, McGrady, AI, etc and put himself into the realm of Dr J, D-Rob, West, Baylor, Robertson, Moses, etc but I don't see the argument behind how he's eclipsed those players as an individual. I think if he keeps playing well into his late 30's he may end up in the top 10, but right now I don't see how he's definitively superior as a player to guys like I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    YEP .. I still don't think kobe is top 10.. lOL.. I could have swarn you also wrote the same at one point... Doesn't matter Kobe won and he deserves all the props ...
    Nope, that was prior to the ring, now I have changed my mind. Another thing we agree to disagree on.

Good High School Starter

lol at this retarded thread

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Kobe is the flavor of the moment.. So I will take the summer off.. Let the kobe fans have their fun.. THey deserve it.. Kobe has given them alot of heartbreak in the last couple of years... Now he has given them glory.. PROPS TO KOBE... TILL NEXT SEASON... I AM TAKING THE SUMMER OFF...
    Lots of heart break? I guess you could look at it that way... if you are a negative person. But if you are even remotely positive then you will see a player who has gone to the finals what? 6 times? And won 4 times? Give me Kobe and the Lakers over these other franchises any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    Yeah Rockets were suppose to lose against Blazers according to the so called experts. Also weren't the Cavs suppose to be in the Finals this year?
    Nope, the Cavs were supposed to win the Championship.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Everybody on ESPN is caught up in the moment as well....the most sense came out of Magics' and Wilbons' mouth.

I'm not hating on Kobe but this is my honest to god opinion. BTW, I can't stand Kobe.

With this ring, he moved up a couple notches in most peoples all-time lists..ok, I give him that. Hell, he even moved up in MY list. But, what I have a serious problem with is all this top 10 stuff.

MJ
    Magic
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Bird
    Russell
    Hakeem
    Oscar(insert whoever you want in place of him if you want)

I find it hard to believe he has had a better career than anybody there at age 30. Will he be there when it's all said and done? hmmm can't say, but probably. I've been anti-Kobe since he came into the league as a cocky SG but honest, I realize the guy is the best we have seen at the SG since MJ. Rings don't automatically put you into top 10 either so you can't use that...

Someone let me know what I have been missing...
    The only players to ever win 4 titles, a Finals MVP, regular season MVP are:

MJ
    Kareem
    Magic
    Shaq
    Duncan

and now Kobe.

The only players to average 30/5/5 in a Finals and WIN are MJ and Kobe.

If you think Kobe "might" be in the conversation of Top 10 by the END of his career, then you just don't realize how great Kobe is.

Can't really put Oscar ahead of Kobe, Oscar won one title as Kareem's sidekick. Kobe has won 3 as a sidekick and 1 as THE man.