Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: How do you like your books?

Anytime I see a book collection that looks like it has never been touched before I

With that said, I have all of my books on my iPad.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I like my boobs splashy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    They all have their own merits. Very comforting to curl up on your couch with a good book while listening to classical. E-books are really convenient to be able to take a bunch of them with you everywhere. And audio books really make the time fly by while mowing the lawn or something.
    THIS

i like my books well done.

Banned

Paperback unless it's a book that is a classic. Then you want to get a hardback copy.

Paper is easy on the eyes than an electronic device. Also, I don't have to worry about charging battery. Can throw it in a backpack and not fear of damaging it.

Just like music, I would rather have a CD/record collection. When I listen to music on YT, I have to search for songs that I am in the mood for. I prefer just popping in a classic album and listen to it in its entirety. Much more enjoyable.

closed.

long live the internet

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Like I like my women well read and bound in leather.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

I'm one of these guys that has walls full of physical books that I have read sitting in my lounge.

Tablet 9 times out of 10, and I'll tell you why. First you need a good tablet for reading books. Just because it's a good expensive tablet, doesn't mean it's good for books. And just because it's an e-reader, doesn't make it good either. Just because it's a kindle or nook... you get the point I hope.

The storage is nice, that would be ideally the selling point, as it saves space and hauling a ton of paper around. But that's really a moot argument as far as I see it, because it's not very complicated to carry a single book and maintain a $1-10 item on your person, rather than a $100-500 item. Beat the book up and chuck it out the window, it doesn't matter.

Navigation is nice, allowing you to bookmark, highlight, sticky note entries way faster than anyone could do with paper. Zooming in, changing fonts to make it easier on your eyes and sitting position is amazing, assuming you actually have a good tablet for reading.

But for me, what makes me like the tablet best is CONTENT. Magazines, newspapers, websites, books, all on a screen that is just as good or better than looking at paper(granted again, you have a good tablet). I don't even know why bookworms put off this switch. I understand if you have a physical book, then sure. But if the two choices are equal, save a gawd damned tree.

What is a good tablet for reading books then?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i've been reading ebooks on the iphone for the past few years. Bought my wife a kindle and i'm pretty jealous.
    I love my books old school style, but I bought my wife a Kobo, and am also super jealous of her downloading on the go. We fly a LOT, so I think I'll buy one as well. However, nothing beats a classic
    Last edited by D-FENS; 01-31-2014 at 02:37 PM.

I need real books and on the toilet.

-Smak