Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #91
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
well, I think he realizes that this controversy will force people to talk about the place for muslims in our secular society. IMO hes forcing a conversation, with both its ugly rhetoric of hate and the meek cries of tolerance and constitutional rights.

Also, it draws a shit ton of attention to him and his group. and probably increased funding opportunity.

Motives.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #92
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erudus
i know b, but i was just watchin the don cherry of news my man Larry King last night and this topic outraged me so I thought i would make a thread and see other ppls opnions

who knew you were a jazz fan?

yes, i know hockey boy was referring to the other, lamer DC
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #93
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
I realize you are muslim, and thus your emotions can easily get the better of you in this case, but man, you come off as a total douche in this post.

I never said anything about extemism. Why the **** are you bringing that up in a response directed at me? Get your head out of your ass and actually try processing what I said.

I am not opposed to this center. I don't understand why you are acting confrontational towards me when I never said one thing that would make me out to be opposed to it. Stop jumping to conclusions. Just because I didn't post "OMG, they should be allowed to build it because it's their right. Let's not be ingorant" doesn't mean I'm taking an opposing side or a side at all.

I am not buying into any false information. Just because I didn't post something to your liking (apparently), it doesn't mean I'm some unintelligent hack who's been listening to some extremely conservative talk show to attain info. Hey, it's my bad I kept referring to the center as simply a mosque, but if that's all you're basing your idea that I'm misinformed on, then I suggest you do what I said before. Refrain from jumping to conclusions.

I know exactly where the center is being built. I don't watch Fox News because I live in Canada and we don't get those shitty stations. Maybe they transmitted their ideas into my brain in my sleep, eh?

So I haven't accepted any false info you apparently think I have....so congrats on being a douche who comes off as a 13 year old during her period.

Also, point out the dumb questions. It's already been established I never questioned if they were terrorists or supported terrorists...so please, point out the dumb questions. You don't even know what I was asking, do you?

You desperately need school to come back sooner than it is buddy.

where the hell is this post coming from? you are an idiot if you wrote all this after that post of mine. go fck yourself if you are crying over that post.

your questions were what i addressed and they were what general america is thinking right now. so i addressed that. You asked about the imam, the intentions of the mosque and other stuff to which i responded. why the hell are you crying? menopausal? too much estrogen?

and how the hell am i suppose to know you are from canada? you have fcking detroit listed as your location....i didnt know detroit is part of canada now. idiot. get off that Hormone replacement therapy crap...
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #94
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Don Cherry is a clown and has been an embarrassment to hockey for the last few years.....you damn Canucks. You prolly would endorse his suit line, wouldn't you Erudus??
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #95
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
where the hell is this post coming from? you are an idiot if you wrote all this after that post of mine. go fck yourself if you are crying over that post.

your questions were what i addressed and they were what general america is thinking right now. so i addressed that. You asked about the imam, the intentions of the mosque and other stuff to which i responded. why the hell are you crying? menopausal? too much estrogen?

and how the hell am i suppose to know you are from canada? you have fcking detroit listed as your location....i didnt know detroit is part of canada now. idiot. get off that Hormone replacement therapy crap...

I mentioned Canada in referrence to me not watching Fox News as you assumed I do. I don't care if you didn't know I'm from Canada. lol

I love how you try making fun of me for crying when you started the hissy fit in your first response to me.

Ya, you addressed my questions....in a horrible, uneducated fashion.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #96
PistolPete
The Pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Newt Gingrich assert the other day that we shouldn't "allow" the mosque to be built as long as Saudi Arabia doesn't allow churches to be built.

THIS IS AMERICA. Why in the fluckety **** would anyone compare us on a sociological/constitutional level with a scumbag country like that is so beyond me....I don't even...

****ing children running this country.

Well Newt is in no position of power at the moment, but he does speak for a vast majority of Americans out there. Basically, his idea is brought up out of frustration by him and people like him that realize there is a double standard in this country. He is now talking about there being a double standard globally, which we all know there is. All we here constantly about Islam is tolerance this and tolerance that, but they do not tolerate themselves whatsoever. So he brings up the notion of building Christian churches in Islamic countries, and how Saudi Arabia is supposed to be some big time ally of the United States, yet we all know they will never allow a Christian church to be erected over there. So he poses the question of how come? Why must we be tolerant of you, yet you cannot be tolerant of us? That's what he's thinking.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #97
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
Well Newt is in no position of power at the moment, but he does speak for a vast majority of Americans out there. Basically, his idea is brought up out of frustration by him and people like him that realize there is a double standard in this country. He is now talking about there being a double standard globally, which we all know there is. All we here constantly about Islam is tolerance this and tolerance that, but they do not tolerate themselves whatsoever. So he brings up the notion of building Christian churches in Islamic countries, and how Saudi Arabia is supposed to be some big time ally of the United States, yet we all know they will never allow a Christian church to be erected over there. So he poses the question of how come? Why must we be tolerant of you, yet you cannot be tolerant of us? That's what he's thinking.

Referring to 1 billion people as 'you' is a good way to make an ass out of yourself.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #98
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
Stop talking out of your ass.

I have lived in Saudi Arabia in an American community. Basically it's an American/foreign people city/town and they all work for a certain company. Women were allowed to drive. There were multiple 'churches' --not actually what you think of a church but a building nevertheless. Obviously it's not actual Saudi society but there's no such thing as Christians (for the most part) integrated completely in Saudi Arabia.

I have also been to many other Middle East countries and Muslim countries and there are Churches. Plenty of them. Christianity is tolerated well in any free society Muslim country. Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bahrain, UAE, etc etc ETC!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #99
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Not that it matters now, but my first post was a joke. Good call Hawks. Everyone else who didn't realize, burn in a fire.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #100
PistolPete
The Pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Stop talking out of your ass.

I have lived in Saudi Arabia in an American community. Basically it's an American/foreign people city/town and they all work for a certain company. Women were allowed to drive. There were multiple 'churches' --not actually what you think of a church but a building nevertheless. Obviously it's not actual Saudi society but there's no such thing as Christians (for the most part) integrated completely in Saudi Arabia.

I have also been to many other Middle East countries and Muslim countries and there are Churches. Plenty of them. Christianity is tolerated well in any free society Muslim country. Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bahrain, UAE, etc etc ETC!

Hey I'm just commenting on Newt's thoughts. I have never been to the Middle East, and I know there are Christian churches left and right especially in Turkey and the UAE. Newt was talking about tolerance more than anything, not about whether or not churches over there are being built or not.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:55 AM   #101
DaniloGallinari

Default Re: Building these Arab prayer sites at ground zero (masks?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
as usual you don't use logic to ever make a point, just ride bandwagons like the follower fgt you are.

argue my logic. too bad youre too brainwashed and politically correct by mainstream America and popular opinion. you're such a sorry ass poster here i don't know why you even bother commenting on anything since its never a independent thought of your own.

What did you even say? Not one person in this forum can understand your gibberish. Keep posting though, kid.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: