Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: LeBron shot just 3-of-11 for 8 points in 2011 NBA Finals Game 4 loss. Looked passive

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Clearly, the Heat will be trying to trade James
    Doubt that. Lebron will not go where he does not want to go. In some ways he is even more powerful than the Heat organisation.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: So so disappointed with Lebron - from a big Heat fan

Ive always felt and said Lebron is a guy that can flat out dominate when theres no pressure...but in high pressure situations or criticism..that jumper stops looking good, and he gets indecisive going to the basket.

Hes much more talented than Webber but he kind of has Webber like tendencies getting the deer in head lights look.

I tend to think guys who are so gifted that have everything handed to them dont know how to face adversity as well. I guess thats why Barkley always says 2 years in college is good for players...

I also think the goal was to get Bosh going...But after Bosh got it going Wade then went in super hero mode. Wade has been pretty impatient and you can tell by how overly fast he was playing....He made amazing defensive plays and offensive plays but neglected Lebron. Wade had his "Im the best in the world" face and there was no balance.

Also, Shawn Marion is still athletic enough to stop Lebron from having a field day to the basket. BOS faced lebron with that jumper damn near automatic and PP was playing great defense on him.

Credit Dallas though....THey have been behind every game but they are like BOS team with a little more left in them for this home stretch.

Default Re: LeBron shot just 3-of-11 for 8 points in 2011 NBA Finals Game 4 loss. Looked passive

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    Doubt that. Lebron will not go where he does not want to go. In some ways he is even more powerful than the Heat organisation.
    lolz your sarcasm detector must not be on

he's like a more athletic version of VC

Can't believe this, I thought he was past this nonsense.

This Mavs team aint anything special, arguably worse that the Bulls and Celtics who posed no problems, Bron should be blowing this team away.

Maybe he just doesnt have 'it'. Shame if thats the case.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

8pts from lebron is not acceptable... he's going to his usual self of dribbling the clock down. wtf... coach gotta do something

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by nashwade
    8pts from lebron is not acceptable... he's going to his usual self of dribbling the clock down. wtf... coach gotta do something
    Not even, hes passing the ball before he dribbles or only dribbling a couple of times, not even looking for his shot. Somone needs to get in his face and tell him to man the fk up.

Hopefully Wade/Riley do.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

On ESPN First take I felt like Strangling Skip Bayless.. Funny thing is barely ripped into Lebron because His argument is that its Dwades Team and lebron is Just a Role player..He says "I dont expect him to Score" but"I expect him to Play better D" Really Skip now we are not gonna pretend he want 2nd in the league in scoring this yr and lead the Heat in scoring in Playoffs up until the Finals ? He said the Loss was 80% on Wade cause he is the Leader and the closer and he failed to close gm with Missed FT ect..By Him not giving Lebron bulk of blame is even a biger slap in the face cause basically he is saying Lebron not the Reason why the Heat win or Lose..Media having a field day with him the part that shocks me is that he is giving them this ammo.. I really think this guy is Mentally F@cked up in the head, no other way to explain how he can play this way especially after the past two series I was praising him for his end of gm big moments.. completely different player right now and the knows the whole world is watching and is not doing anything about it if this is now Mental..

The reality is, last night's game was the biggest of Lebron's career. A 2-1 lead in the NBA finals? He's never played in a higher stakes game than last night, and he shrunk in the moment. Which is odd, considering they showed Lebron giving that pre-game pep-talk about leaving it on the floor. He did anything but... Having a 'bad' game is one thing, but he was totally disengaged, playing like it was a night in early November.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    okay, but what was that ? This game by lebron just shocked me. I mean he did nothing. just standing around on D not even participating with the rest of the team defense/rotations in the 2nd half in big spurts. He Had many chances to go and crash the boards but he was just standing to the side or at the top of the key, or closer to the baseline like he was drunk.

Wade didn't have a particularly good series vs chicago. averaging just 19pts. but dammit Wade was beasting on D and rebounded like a tazmanian devil maniac in the paint in miami's wins. And wade was very clutch in games 3.4 and 5 at the end of those games making plays. Wade was doing other things, he wasn't totally passive like this in all areas of the game.

WTF did we just "witness" from Lebron.?? This was very embarrassing. just 8 pts in a NBA Finals game going 3/11 ? I love lebron but I don't see how he can live this down unless he gets 20+ per game for the rest of the series and the Heat win.

If you told me before the game that lebron would get just 8 pts on 3/11 and would look so lackadaisical out there in all the other areas of his game besides scoring, I would have told you the Heat would lose this game by 15.

I mean, LeBron was invisible aside from very few token plays that didn't take much effort as things were so open for him on those plays. I've never seen a true superstar in his prime just drop dead in a finals game like this before. Something has to be terribly wrong with him, I don't know if it's in his head, lack of heart, if he feels slighted, or what it is. But this is very alarming going forward in this series.

Good post, Yeah I woke this morning still in shock especially U would think after past two series(Celtics,Bulls) he would be brimming with Confidence this series.. Seems like after Gm 2 Collapse he has not been the same or even from gm 3 when Wade yelled at him he seems to have shrunk even more since than..As a Huge Lebron fan I cant defend him right now and Im sad that a Player I Thought was an all time great can come up so small in such a big gm.. Gm 5 IMO is the biggest gm of his life and how he responds..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    The reality is, last night's game was the biggest of Lebron's career. A 2-1 lead in the NBA finals? He's never played in a higher stakes game than last night, and he shrunk in the moment. Which is odd, considering they showed Lebron giving that pre-game pep-talk about leaving it on the floor. He did anything but... Having a 'bad' game is one thing, but he was totally disengaged, playing like it was a night in early November.

His WORST regular season performance this yr is 17 points.. That tells U how BAD he was tonight.. not even scoring Half of his regular season low..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    On ESPN First take I felt like Strangling Skip Bayless.. Funny thing is barely ripped into Lebron because His argument is that its Dwades Team and lebron is Just a Role player..He says "I dont expect him to Score" but"I expect him to Play better D" Really Skip now we are not gonna pretend he want 2nd in the league in scoring this yr and lead the Heat in scoring in Playoffs up until the Finals ? He said the Loss was 80% on Wade cause he is the Leader and the closer and he failed to close gm with Missed FT ect..By Him not giving Lebron bulk of blame is even a biger slap in the face cause basically he is saying Lebron not the Reason why the Heat win or Lose..Media having a field day with him the part that shocks me is that he is giving them this ammo.. I really think this guy is Mentally F@cked up in the head, no other way to explain how he can play this way especially after the past two series I was praising him for his end of gm big moments.. completely different player right now and the knows the whole world is watching and is not doing anything about it if this is now Mental..
    Well he does have a point. D wade said he wanted the ball in clutch situations. He's the one who missed the game tying FT and fumbled the ball on the last play. But Bron should have played better D.

It's happening again... Kinda like the Back in 2010, vs Celtics Game 4.

Banned

****ing hater, lebron would **** ur girlfriend

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The real question is....should the Knicks go after Lebron?

Clearly, the Heat will be trying to trade James and his ridiculously bloated contract for an expirer. My question is....do the Knicks use Billups expirer on him? I mean, we already have Melo at the 3 spot.....I mean, Lebron could play the point, I GUESS.....

I don't know....you know the Heat are going to ask for Fields in that deal, and I'm really not sure about it. Plus we lose our financial flexibility if we take Lebron on.

I'm torn.
    Bill Walker, Andy Rautins, and Chauncey's expirer. Take it or leave it.