Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default When is it time to let Dunleavy go?

Do you all think he's a good coach? Do you think he is getting the most of his players? Do you feel the players have lost confidence in their coach?

I'm curious....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #2
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation
Default Re: When is it time to let Dunleavy go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Do you all think he's a good coach? Do you think he is getting the most of his players? Do you feel the players have lost confidence in their coach?

I'm curious....

well, if they haven't lost it yet, they will soon
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

I've always flip-flopped about Dunleavy, but I still think it is too early to fire him based off this 1-8 start, and even if we fire him as coach, he'll be looking directly over the shoulder over the new coach, which wouldn't work out well. So we either get rid of him from the franchise as a whole, or keep him, and I say we keep him. This guy seems determined to get the Clippers out of the ****hole of the NBA, and is the first guy who I have ever seen to really attempt this. Sure, he may do it to try to get himself a legacy going, but I don't care, he isn't sitting on his ass like Baylor was.

About this season, I feel for Dunleavy, I really do. The guy was seriously heartbroken when Elton Brand(who he had a really good relationship with) went back on his word and did everything he could by bringing in some quick bandages in Brian Skinner, Marcus Camby, Ricky Davis and bringing Jason Hart back. It has just backfired on him since all of those guys are underachieving, and even Baron Davis seems like he's just going through the motions. Best thing to do in my opinion, is to find an identity as soon as possible and go from there. What a lot of people want Dunleavy to do(run n gun) isn't going to do squat, we still won't win games. Kaman also needs to wake up and stop being a ***** about not getting as many touches as he would like.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
livlife2k
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I've always flip-flopped about Dunleavy, but I still think it is too early to fire him based off this 1-8 start, and even if we fire him as coach, he'll be looking directly over the shoulder over the new coach, which wouldn't work out well. So we either get rid of him from the franchise as a whole, or keep him, and I say we keep him. This guy seems determined to get the Clippers out of the ****hole of the NBA, and is the first guy who I have ever seen to really attempt this. Sure, he may do it to try to get himself a legacy going, but I don't care, he isn't sitting on his ass like Baylor was.

About this season, I feel for Dunleavy, I really do. The guy was seriously heartbroken when Elton Brand(who he had a really good relationship with) went back on his word and did everything he could by bringing in some quick bandages in Brian Skinner, Marcus Camby, Ricky Davis and bringing Jason Hart back. It has just backfired on him since all of those guys are underachieving, and even Baron Davis seems like he's just going through the motions. Best thing to do in my opinion, is to find an identity as soon as possible and go from there. What a lot of people want Dunleavy to do(run n gun) isn't going to do squat, we still won't win games. Kaman also needs to wake up and stop being a ***** about not getting as many touches as he would like.
I'm beginning to really wonder if the Clipps are lacking true leadership on the court
Old 11-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by livlife2k
I'm beginning to really wonder if the Clipps are lacking true leadership on the court

When don't we? Honestly, besides that year with Sam Cassell, we have never had a vocal leader. Elton Brand is the furthest thing from a leader, Maggette never fired anyone up. I wonder if we could get Cassell to come and coach this squad next year, and if Dunleavy will give him full reign to do as he wishes.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:13 AM   #6
livlife2k
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
When don't we? Honestly, besides that year with Sam Cassell, we have never had a vocal leader. Elton Brand is the furthest thing from a leader, Maggette never fired anyone up. I wonder if we could get Cassell to come and coach this squad next year, and if Dunleavy will give him full reign to do as he wishes.
my thoughts exactly...that first year Cassell came here, i think it was '05-'06,was the last time we had a vocal leader and a real go-to guy down the stretch or when things started to get out of hand...i mean, i know Baron is supposed to technically be the leader, but i'm not sure he's the kind of player who can grab the reins and settle the team down during critical stretches of games, the way Lebron or Kobe or KG do with their teams...seems like one minute we're competing, then the next thing you know, we're down by 15-20 and the game is over
Old 11-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation
Exclamation Re: When is it time to let Dunleavy go?

you guys need to get avery johnson...time to get the little general and turn this ball club around...
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: