Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #16
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: About to redo my iPod music library

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I already went through what you're about to go through. I just had every song I liked all on my ipod. Then when I would shuffle I would skip all the songs for my favorites.

It got to the point that I took out all the songs that I would'nt listen too if I shuffled. That got me down to about 50 songs. Then I did it again and was at about 25 songs for a while.

Eventually I started to miss songs and put alot of them back and made seperate play-lists. So far so good.

It's tough to delete some albums from my iPod.

How can I delete Amnesiac?

Now that I have more experience with my iPod and understand my listening habits better, I'm willing to pull the trigger and delete Amnesiac.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #17
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
It's tough to delete some albums from my iPod.

How can I delete Amnesiac?

Now that I have more experience with my iPod and understand my listening habits better, I'm willing to pull the trigger and delete Amnesiac.

I honestly don't undertstand the whole album thing. With every album theres always at least one song your not going to want to listen to if not more.

If I find a song by a band I like I listen to their other songs on youtube, then I download the ones I like. This way I keep the songs I wouldn't listen to off of my ipod.

Then again when it comes to listening to music I'm pretty strict on determining wheter I like a song or not.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I honestly don't undertstand the whole album thing. With every album theres always at least one song your not going to want to listen to if not more.

If I find a song by a band I like I listen to their other songs on youtube, then I download the ones I like. This way I keep the songs I wouldn't listen to off of my ipod.

Then again when it comes to listening to music I'm pretty strict on determining wheter I like a song or not.

'Some' albums just flow better than others. Each song is selected and placed in such order where it has a cohesive fit. And some of it is just familiarity, one is just accustomed to have a song come after another.

For some songs/artists, I really don't mind listening to that track by itself, because I just like that song or two. But for others (mostly for rock).... (yeah... overwhelmingly for rock) songs flow in unison with one another, which is why there's 'gapless' features on media players.

On a side note.....

I've condensed my music collection on my iPod to 2.4 gigs as of right now.

I'm sure it'll increase, but only slightly, eventually being under 7 gigs or so.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can honestly say I'll never again be a song person. If I were to make a playlist, the playlist would be full of entire albums.

I just can't appreciate a single song. To me it has to be a part of something bigger and more cohesive, and it always f*cking is.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #20
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
'Some' albums just flow better than others. Each song is selected and placed in such order where it has a cohesive fit. And some of it is just familiarity, one is just accustomed to have a song come after another.

For some songs/artists, I really don't mind listening to that track by itself, because I just like that song or two. But for others (mostly for rock).... (yeah... overwhelmingly for rock) songs flow in unison with one another, which is why there's 'gapless' features on media players.

On a side note.....

I've condensed my music collection on my iPod to 2.4 gigs as of right now.

I'm sure it'll increase, but only slightly, eventually being under 7 gigs or so.

you're going to reach the 7 gigs. maybe more. ever since going to the format, i've gotten it up to 10 gigs, and still growing.

i have various decades from the 60s all the way until now. i got to keep my phone diversified. my ultimate goal is to have multiple playlists that fits everyone (impossible, but it's good to try), because i tend to ride with people in the car or by myself. some people don't like the music i like to listen to unfortunately. one time i popped older luther vandross (early-mid 80s), and they gave me a face.

btw i was listening to this

luther vandross - never too much ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNj9bXKGOiI )

Last edited by leopoldstotch : 07-10-2011 at 08:34 PM.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #21
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think my iPod is like 55 gigs or something. And I haven't updated it in two months, so that's another 15-20 gigs.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #22
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
It's all albums for me. I can't do playlists because whenever I get to a song I like, I just listen to the whole album.
obviously took you off my ignore list.

I do the same thing. I am one of the only people I know who does this. I have no playlists on my ipod and All albums.

My friends seriously scroll through their entire song list rather than just listening to an album.

Freaking retards.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #23
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer

I do the same thing. I am one of the only people I know who does this. I have no playlists on my ipod and All albums.

My friends seriously scroll through their entire song list rather than just listening to an album.

Freaking retards.

that's the thing. they did that to my phone all the time. it was terrible. i figured i give them a sample of a particular album i love, and play a couple of awesome songs. if they like it, i recommend the album. i wanted to stop them from continuously scrolling through to find a song they like.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #24
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
you're going to reach the 7 gigs. maybe more. ever since going to the format, i've gotten it up to 10 gigs, and still growing.

i have various decades from the 60s all the way until now. i got to keep my phone diversified. my ultimate goal is to have multiple playlists that fits everyone (impossible, but it's good to try), because i tend to ride with people in the car or by myself. some people don't like the music i like to listen to unfortunately. one time i popped older luther vandross (early-mid 80s), and they gave me a face.

btw i was listening to this

luther vandross - never too much ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNj9bXKGOiI )

I'm being even more selective than in the past.

This is the 3rd time that I've redone my music collection, so I'm eliminating a ton of music. Even then, I mostly listen to my iPod in short intervals, mostly catered towards my co-workers (mostly ladies ranging in age and ethnicities). The time I have for myself is very brief (lunch), so I don't listen to it much.

I'll try to keep it under 10 gigs just so it's easier to search through (I have plenty of space).

I do the same with my apps.

Every month I go through my iPod and delete the apps that i don't use.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #25
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

forgot to mention another thing i reorganized to this format is that i had a lot of songs on my phone, but i never listened to it. it always got buried somewhere, and i never played it. i figured keep the number of tracks smaller and make more playlists to find certain songs better.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #26
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer

Freaking retards.

I hope you're at a carnival and you're having a REALLY good time with family and friends, I hope that happens. And then stupid you, wearing flip flops, you accidentally step on a rusty nail, because what carnival wouldn't be complete with a stash of rusty nails strewn about the place? And then you HAVE to go to the hospital because whiny you, "I think it went to the bone!" and obviously a tetanus shot. So now your parents and friends are mad at you because you're being such a whiny b*tch about it all.

And I hope your whole night and weekend is ruined, and that you went on the last night of the carnival and it NEVER comes back.

Don't ever put me on ignore again.

Last edited by pete's montreux : 07-10-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #27
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
It's all albums for me. I can't do playlists because whenever I get to a song I like, I just listen to the whole album.
I totally agree with you. I just got done redoing my whole MP3 collection to VBR V0 quality from VBR V2 since scene releases increases the quality of rips to V0.

I found two songs I liked on AC/DC's "Backtrack" album which is a live/rarities album they released in 2009, so then I had to download the whole deluxe edition version which is 3 CDs and 47 tracks.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: