Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default So, who here doesn't believe in evolution?

Weekly can of worms opening...

and I mean evolution as in the scientific theory with natural selection as its primary mechanism...NOT individuals evolving, but rather populations.

Is there any valid evidence for creationism? Unbiased, non biblical evidence?

Why is it that the scientific community overwhelmingly says that evolution is a scientific theory that we can say beyond a doubt is a certainty (as much as certainty is possible in empirical science), and yet millions of people don't believe in it?

GO!

Default Re: So, who here doesn't believe in evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Weekly can of worms opening...

and I mean evolution as in the scientific theory with natural selection as its primary mechanism...NOT individuals evolving, but rather populations.

Is there any valid evidence for creationism? Unbiased, non biblical evidence?

Why is it that the scientific community overwhelmingly says that evolution is a scientific theory that we can say beyond a doubt is a certainty (as much as certainty is possible in empirical science), and yet millions of people don't believe in it?

GO!
    That's the problem. I think the majority of people that don't believe in evolution just don't understand what it is.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    That's the problem. I think the majority of people that don't believe in evolution just don't understand what it is.
    EXACTLY. It's not what their Pastor tells them it is.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I 100% believe in evolution...but as far as human beings go, not ruling out alien-ape half breed test subject

creationism and evolution are both theories. One has evidence, the other is all faith. But even the one with the evidence is still called a theory. It just comes down to what the thread says: "believe".

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I 100% believe in evolution...but as far as human beings go, not ruling out alien-ape half breed test subject

Even though I know it's bullsh*t, I like to think of it as a possibility as well.

I think lowly of people who don't believe that evolution is real. I am sorry but it really irks me.

Once I was arguing with this kid, and his arguments was if evolution is real, and we came from monkeys, why are there monkeys still out there? Hey idiot, dogs came from wolves, and there still many species of wolves out there

Some one actually painted that...

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    I think lowly of people who don't believe that evolution is real. I am sorry but it really irks me.

Once I was arguing with this kid, and his arguments was if evolution is real, and we came from monkeys, why are there monkeys still out there? Hey idiot, dogs came from wolves, and there still many species of wolves out there
    That's probably the most common statement that come from people who don't understand evolution.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    creationism and evolution are both theories. One has evidence, the other is all faith. But even the one with the evidence is still called a theory. It just comes down to what the thread says: "believe".
    Do you know what "theory" means in science? Think of the theory of gravity, lol in science a hypothesis is something that you can believe, a theory is something that is the closest thing to absolute certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

bad example...dogs were created by humans...bred from wolves, coyote, jackles, etc

today's dog breeds didn't just evolve from wolf...

Do you know what "theory" means in science? Think of the theory of gravity, lol in science a hypothesis is something that you can believe, a theory is something that is the closest thing to absolute certainty.
    isn't a "law" the closest thing to "certain"?

bad example...dogs were created by humans...bred from wolves, coyote, jackles, etc

today's dog breeds didn't just evolve from wolf...
    No it isn't, Humans separated from their closest ancestor and bred with each other, some also bred with neanderthals. Just like humans separated wolves from their groups used selective breeding and domesticated them.

It's a really simple/similar to each other.

a theory is a hypothesis; a law is a proven fact, at least in the universe that we know of. So a law is the closest thing to certainty.

Theory: theory of relativity
    Law: Law of thermodynamics, law of conservation of mass/energy.

and there is no theory of gravity. Gravity has been proven to exist.
    Last edited by riseagainst; 11-12-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Not really: we have directly observed evolution taking place in microorganisms. The only way you can deny it is to adhere to a form of relativism that renders everything derived from perceptions (therefore everything) utterly meaningless. There sits intellectual and moral chaos.

One is left with no choice then to accept it as a fact, unless one is a moron of course.