Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: MLB 2K11 / MLB 11 The Show Thread

If we can get a few people with this game, I say we should start a mini online league.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

How long does it take to play an average game? I am really looking to pick this up but don't have hundreds of hours available.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    How long does it take to play an average game? I am really looking to pick this up but don't have hundreds of hours available.
    30 minutes maybe? I haven't played a online game in a while but that's what it seemed like.

I wish I put in more time into RTTS too. Gonna do that more this time around I think.

I mainly play 10 online with my friends, and none of us are gonna get 11 this year. Plus I don't want to spend a ton of money since I'm already getting FN.

My best moment in this game was a 20K outing with Kershaw online. I get greedy for K's with my SP. It's cost me the game a bunch of times, but that 20K outing was worth it.

Got The Show today. Beat the Braves by hitting 3 homers in a row off 3 straight pitches in the 9th (Werth had the walk off homer), Strasburg is a beast in this game too.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Got it today too. That and Super Street Fighter 4. Have to play Dragon Age 2 on PC too.

TOO.MANY.GAMES.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I just struck out 23 times in a game and lost 2-0 online.

It felt like when I pressed to hit, it didn't register for 1-1.5 seconds after. It was brutal. No excuses too though. I chased some UGLY low changeups and even with the poor response time, I would've probably racked up at least 15 K's. The only legit hit the other guy got was a flyball that my LF probably should have caught but somehow went over his head.

Batting just felt so slow and heavy. It was like a chore. It never felt this bad last year. I hope this is fixed somehow. I'll give it some time.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore UwishUhadWall's Avatar

The Show is like the NBA2K of baseball. It's the standard bearer.

Was going to hold off on getting this but couldn't do it. Went ahead and buckled yesterday. Honestly, I don't see any real noticeable differences between 2011 and 2010. The main reason I bought 2011 was because I had bought 2010 used back in the summer and was starting to have freezing issues with it.

I'm awful at hitting the ball, just like last year. It took me probably 20-30 games to figure out how to hit. I can't do analog or swing stick. I do the classic hitting with the swing button and using the left analog stick to aim. Until some minor league rosters come out on Sportsconnect, I'm just going to concentrate on RTTS. I'm already 7 or 8 appearances into year one with a starting pitcher. Got from the bullpen to a starting role in AA after just four or five appearances out of the bullpen.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

That is what has kept me from getting 11. Nothing looked different. I tried the demo and struggled big time with the stick controls. And I just downloaded an updated 2011 roster from Sportsconnect anyway so I can play with Damon and Manny on, and Crawford off the Rays. Not need to buy the next one from the looks of it.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Played my first game online and won 2-1, Red Sox vs. Yanks. I had 20 strikeouts with Lester (9 in a row at one point) and didn't use him in the 9th inning.

Went to Bard in the 9th and couldn't pitch with him and the guy got guys on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Then he tried a squeeze bunt which he missed and his guy was tagged out at the plate (dumb). Struck out the guy to end the game.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Played my first franchise game and won in 14 innings on a Jose Bautista walk-off HR. I still looked like a fool at the plate for the most part. I still can't really identify low changeups outside the zone well. Outside sliders get me too.

I love this game.

I'm struggling at the plate as well, have a hard time recognizing pitches, it's like, i won't get a hit for 5 or 6 straight innings, then i'll blast 2 or 3 homers in a row, and win cause i dominate at pitching.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    I'm struggling at the plate as well, have a hard time recognizing pitches, it's like, i won't get a hit for 5 or 6 straight innings, then i'll blast 2 or 3 homers in a row, and win cause i dominate at pitching.
    I think that's the general feeling with the game right now. I've been reading stories about people playing online games where both have no-hitters going into the 9th of a 0-0 game. Or 1-1 games in the 15th inning where both players just agreed to quit because hitting is so difficult.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Mr. Posterize, let me know if you're up for any online games sometime.

I still REALLY suck at hitting for some reason. I was never this bad last year. Consistently striking out 12+ times vs the AI in Franchise mode.