Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Okafor >>> Towns

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    3 pt range? Really?

I don't even care about those 15 footers that he make. They are nice and all but I prefer a Center to play inside more. This is not a knock on him either.

Who ever the Lakers pick is fine with me.
    Wasn't wanted/ needed to use that part of his game..

http://youtu.be/71te_DSIDWU

http://youtu.be/8SU4_WvM04E

Btw- I saw him knock down five 3 pointers in a HS game..
    Last edited by Kingwillball; 05-19-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    Towns is a better FT shooter than Okafor

My Deandre comments was in regards to how he is more known for his defensive prowess than his offensive game, as compared to Okafor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Wasn't wanted/ needed to use that part of his game..

http://youtu.be/71te_DSIDWU

Btw- I saw him knock down five 3 pointers in a HS game..
    Just stop it.

When speaking of Centers, I don't think anyone cares about the 3 ball. That is not their job.

Now if we were talking about his range up to 15 feet then we can discuss this.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Just stop it.

When speaking of Centers, I don't think anyone cares about the 3 ball. That is not their job.

Now if we were talking about his range up to 15 feet then we can discuss this.
    Just saying he has nice touch from the outside will be able to knock down jumpers pick and pops and also play in the post as well has a nice little jump hook and up and under move.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Just saying he has nice touch from the outside will be able to knock down jumpers pick and pops and also play in the post as well has a nice little jump hook and up and under move.
    He has the bigger upside but small legs. I am skeptical of this kind of body type and how he lands.

Since Randle recently broke his leg.

I rep Lakers!

He has the bigger upside but small legs. I am skeptical of this kind of body type and how he lands.

Since Randle recently broke his leg.
    Me too. That's the only thing, he runs a little awkward too.

Fun Fact. He went to the same HS as Bynum
    Last edited by WeGetRing2012; 05-19-2015 at 10:43 PM.

I hope Minny select Towns. I want Okafor because of his scoring skill set. He is a very skilled big man and offense trumps defense in this case. You can teach a guy how to play defense but you cannot teach a guy to be a deadly post scorer.

We don't need another Deandre Jordan 2.0

On this note, welcome to Los Angeles!
    Did you just compare Towns to Deandre Jordan?

Really...

lol at people surprised op is an idiot

Good college starter

Not sold on Randle. He's not a guy you can build around. Towns or Okafor are players you can build around and I don't care if the combination of Okafor and Randle might be bad when we don't know if Randle is going to be the player we expect him to be.

Randle doesn't come into the equation in regards to this pick.
    I agree. Randle should not be in equation on who we should draft. Lakers need to draft whoever they think the best player regardless of position. If we ended drafting Okafor then we can sign someone like Asik to be the 3rd wheel on front court.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

The problem with someone like Okafor is that they can become average defenders but probably will always need an elite defender at the PF/C position for them to be contenders, you can't have two average defenders around the paint and expect to win that's why a Randle/Okafor front court would suck.

A Randle/Towns front court would be a very nice combo of offense and defense.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

My Deandre comments was in regards to how he is more known for his defensive prowess than his offensive game, as compared to Okafor.
    The flaw with your argument however is that Towns is good on defense and has a decent post game a long with decent shooting touch and elite athleticism. Okafor is absolutely terrible on d, to slow to guard the pick and roll and he didn't even block 1.5 shots per game in college when guys like Nerlens Noel were getting close to 5. He also struggles to rebound, has conditioning issues, no outside jumpshot at all and he's basically Shaq 2.0 from the free throw line. he has one elite skill and that's his interior scoring and even then he struggled against big men with actual NBA size in college like Myles Turner and Frank Kaminsky because of his lack of athleticism. How are you gonna build around a center that can't protect the rim, rebound or shoot?

Brook Lopez with shittier defense is his ceiling IMO. Do you really want that kind of player on your team?

GTFO with his bad defensive game on Okafor. First off he's extremely well polished from watching him at Duke. Second off defense is something that can easily be taught or drilled.

He's a perfect fit for Kobe and LA. Extremely intelligent and could fit any type of system.

OP has no idea what he's talking about, for Lakers sake I hope the Wolves think like him

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

I hope Minny select Towns. I want Okafor because of his scoring skill set. He is a very skilled big man and offense trumps defense in this case. You can teach a guy how to play defense but you cannot teach a guy to be a deadly post scorer.

We don't need another Deandre Jordan 2.0

On this note, welcome to Los Angeles!
    Dude is basically Greg Monroe.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    GTFO with his bad defensive game on Okafor. First off he's extremely well polished from watching him at Duke. Second off defense is something that can easily be taught or drilled.

He's a perfect fit for Kobe and LA. Extremely intelligent and could fit any type of system.
    Too bad you can't teach him to get a new pair of legs. Centers that can't move their feet in the pick and roll or jump to block shots don't do well in today's NBA. Just look at Nikola Pekovic, the Zellers, Al Jefferson, Gortat, Enes Kanter the list goes on and on. Those are the kind of guys the Okafor is going to be. Whoever drafts him will be very frustrated 5 years from now when they're looking for the Serge Ibakas and Anthony Davis' of the world to put next to him.