Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: David Stern: Sanctions coming

that's like kobe, nash or gasol sitting out because their tired or old. GTFOH pop. these guys make so much money if the player isnt injured or has an family emergency or anything serious then play them. the people that pay nearly $500 dont want to see a bunch of scrubs in the starting lineup. I know pop doesn't do it every game but its not fair to the fans that pay tons of money to see their favorite player.

Very good NBA starter

Both sides are wrong and right. This is true definition or gray area. people preach popavich for making a point but it doesnt look smart. If you are revolting..get other coaches doing it.

Bos has had b2bs and travel just like,la has too. Maybe it jus speaks volumes pp Kobe Dwight and kg love to play.

82 game seasons too much? Are you kidding me? These millionaires...

Fans come to see their players play, and dammit I want to see my stars play if they are healthy.

All of a sudden after 50 years 82 games is too much...GTFOH. There are too many damn players that have played 15+ years with little to no injuries to hear that crap.

When you are approaching 40, you are GOING to get fatigued...hello you are getting OLD!

I don't see the problem for fans.

Who watches the Spurs for the individual players? You watch the Spurs for the Spurs. For Gregg Popovich and whatever well-coached nobodies-in-particular he trots out. (Even when some of those nobodies are all-stars.)

As we all saw last night.

that's like kobe, nash or gasol sitting out because their tired or old. GTFOH pop.
    Shaq used to take games off all the time in Phoenix.

Anyway, I think it's different. People watch the Lakers because of hero-worship of Kobe Bryant. Nobody watches the Spurs for the stars. Nobody watches the Spurs at all, but when they do, it's not for the stars. The only Spurs player who is interesting to watch in his own right is Manu, and he usually takes half of every game off at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I don't see the problem for fans.

Who watches the Spurs for the individual players? You watch the Spurs for the Spurs. For Gregg Popovich and whatever well-coached nobodies-in-particular he trots out. (Even when some of those nobodies are all-stars.)

As we all saw last night.
    The thing is the players prob wanted to play. This is all on Pop and his stupid grudge against Stern. Sure they had a tough schedule leading up to the Heat game; sure the Heat had it easy, but other teams have had tough schedules like that before but they never decided to take off for vacation when the going gets tough.

Guys like Jordan and Kobe play with the freakin' flu and these old nut jobs are complaining about being tired?

I have lost a lot of respect for this team: they have what it takes to be the best team in the league, but something is not there. That fire.

I think this is just Pop going at it with Stern; he knew he was going to piss him off, but all he did was screw the fans, the players, and himself (after penalties).

I usually don't support Stern, but he really needs to throw the hammer down on this one to keep the sport competitive.

What's going to happen next? Teams are going to stop competing because they are too lazy to suit up? If you are healthy, you play. Period. Rest up when you get the job done and take a break before the playoffs.

It would be funny if both teams end up with the best record leading up to the finals and this game is the tie breaker that will determine who gets home court.

$250K fine. This is going to open up a whole can of worms. What happens if say Miami has locked up home court in the East or even the entire playoffs and they decide to sit LeBron or Wade? Will they be fined too?

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

World class athletes too tired to work. I wonder how would the average joes survive...

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    World class athletes too tired to work. I wonder how would the average joes survive...

Popovich decided that Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili weren't going to play. I'm sure they wanted to play.

Stern is the Adolf Hitler of Basketball.