Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is the 2012 Draft really going to be that good?

We've been hearing for a long time that the 2012 draft is going to be the strongest one in recent years, but will it really be so? From what I've read many of the top prospects are leaning toward returning to school (MKG, Drummond...)i, and if that happens we're just gonna have another average draft class....
    Last edited by Salazaar; 03-29-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Default Re: Is the 2012 Draft really going to be that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Salazaar
    We've been hearing for a long time that the 2012 draft is going to be the strongest one in recent years, but will it really be so? From what I've read many of the top prospects are leaning toward returning to school (MKG, Drummond...)i, and if that happens we're just gonna have another average draft class....
    No we're not going to have an average draft class. You might want to read stuff thats dated March 30th 2012 and not Jan 3rd 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    No we're not going to have an average draft class. You might want to read stuff thats dated March 30th 2012 and not Jan 3rd 2012.
    What d'ya mean? Not much has changed since January in terms of whether this draft will be strong or not... Btw I'm not talking about the talent in college, but how many players will actually declare for the draft, because I've read (as of March 30th) that some projected top picks wanna go back to school..

No its not a great draft- talent evaluation is hard but its easy to repeat something. People have been told so many times that its a great draft that they believe it

A lot of times teams early in the draft esp need a scorer- there might not be a player in the draft who will be a teams #1 option scoring - maybe mkg on the right (wrong) team

There may be good depth and the ability to grab good players in the 20's or 2nd round but 3-10 isn't going to help you team too much to get out of that spot

This is one of those years without clear cut tiers that the scouts will either earn their money or possibly look stupid- whoever picks Jared Cunningham will look like a genius

What d'ya mean? Not much has changed since January in terms of whether this draft will be strong or not... Btw I'm not talking about the talent in college, but how many players will actually declare for the draft, because I've read (as of March 30th) that some projected top picks wanna go back to school..

MKG is coming out for the draft... and drummond would be an idiot if he went back. not just the fact that he is a top 5 pick, but also because of how much trouble connecticut is in right now.

Very good NBA starter

2011 had a great set of 6th man style role-players that can help a team win.

2012 has a draft of IMPACT guys at SF-C.

Robinson is slightly undersized but very athletic and can be a 16-10 player
    Davis is a franchise changer who in couple years can turn your team from 30 wins to 50-55 wins.
    Kidd-Gilchrist premier SF with athletiscm, and great defensive potential.
    Drummond has the body and athletiscm of a Deandre Jordan who can give you double doubles.

Then u got players like Marshall who can be Andre Miller young.
    Harrison barnes- a jumpshooting 6'8 swingman with good athletiscm who will score regardless
    Austin Rivers who can be in that Monta Ellis Brandon Jennings scoring ability.

I think this is the perfect draft to get a legit front court player and SF.

I mean you should tell me what top prospects are going back to school. Only guy that qualifies is the PG from Texas.

Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers, Meyers Leonard, Kendall Marshall, John Henson have declared.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I mean you should tell me what top prospects are going back to school. Only guy that qualifies is the PG from Texas.

Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers, Meyers Leonard, Kendall Marshall, John Henson have declared.
    Of the players you mentioned only Barnes is projected top 10. I'm not gonna tell you who's coming back to school but you're not gonna tell me which top 10 players will declare either.. There are a lot of freshman that can simply want to go back to develop their game and be more nba-ready..

Of the players you mentioned only Barnes is projected top 10. I'm not gonna tell you who's coming back to school but you're not gonna tell me which top 10 players will declare either.. There are a lot of freshman that can simply want to go back to develop their game and be more nba-ready..
    Doesnt matter, you asked if the 2012 draft will be good. I just threw out first rd prospects. Not only is the draft considered strong but deep.

The deadline for players to declare isnt nowhere near. You'll hear more and more players start to declare for the draft. Not sure why you even believe players returning to school earlier in the season. They all say it then leave.

Kentucky just won the national title. Expect those kids to start declaring for the draft. I'll be back in this thread to constantly update it ok?

Sullinger just declared for the draft.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

I think it's more comparable to the 2004 Draft than the 2003 Draft.

You'll get good players like Deng, Iguodala, Al Jefferson, Devin Harris, Josh Smith, Nelson, Kevin Martin, etc and solid role players like Ariza, JR Smith, Duhon, Varejao, Humphries, Biedrins, etc. But only one player, Dwight Howard, will have superstar impact on his team.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Does anybody know if Wroten is coming out? Had lots of hype in HS. Got injured and than looked like he recovered pretty well. Looked good in college from what I saw. Freshmen, good size something like 6'5, 6'6 and actually looks like he can play point. Explosive.

Haven't heard any lotto talk with him in it, so I'm assuming he's going back to school?

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Does anybody know if Wroten is coming out? Had lots of hype in HS. Got injured and than looked like he recovered pretty well. Looked good in college from what I saw. Freshmen, good size something like 6'5, 6'6 and actually looks like he can play point. Explosive.

Haven't heard any lotto talk with him in it, so I'm assuming he's going back to school?
    He should- he and Jared Cunningham are the best pgs in the draft- if wroten hadn't gone to the pac10 he is considered a top 10 pick right now

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rmid=head_main

He's in the draft

I feel that this will be one of those drafts that produces a lot of players that, while perhaps not big stars, are good palyers that you will watch for many years.