Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Exclamation Breaking News: Iavoroni Fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Re: Breaking News: Iavoroni Fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah you beat me to it. Just saw it on the local news station.

This is a great first step in improving the grizzlies. Now the griz need to hire mo cheeks or eddie jordan. That would be a huge step in the right direction. I would love to get cheeks he is a players coach and knows how to deal with all types of players. THey should hire him and show the fans that their serious about winning.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #3
derf
Learning to shoot layups

1 down 1 to go now get rid of mike conley hire a coach now so he can work with the team for the rest of the season.i bet with the right coach we can start to see improvement
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

its all because rudy gay is struggling, mark my words
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 AM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf
1 down 1 to go now get rid of mike conley hire a coach now so he can work with the team for the rest of the season.i bet with the right coach we can start to see improvement
I don't think we should get rid of Conley just yet. Let's see what coach we get and see how Conley opperates under the new coach, then when it's closer to the deadline, we might be able to shop him around. Though I doubt he will get traded and honestly, it wouldn't upset me too much if he didn't get traded.

Here's what I posted in the main forum about what coach we should go for.....

Quote:
I'm glad he's gone. Terrible as a head coach and wanted to run a system that really didn't work for the team, but he insisted to keep running it. I hope we can now get a defensive minded head coach, we already have Kevin O'Neill who is good assistent coach and is defensive minded, if we had a head coach who would actually make the team play some defense, then I would be a happy man.

I also can't wait until Darko comes back, we are really missing him right now. Who'd of thought it? We're actually missing Darko. He was playing great before his injury and was a great player to have coming off the bench and playing some solid defense behind Gasol.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
Jman2108
Saw a basketball once

Ivaroroni could have been the reason of Conley's struggles and lack of production. Also, another reason the griz have lost so many games to me is that they miss Darko more than they think they do. I mean, before he went down, he was probably playing the best ball in his career.
Jman2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
chiefrgs
Saw a basketball once

There is no way Iavoroni was the reason Conley is terrible. Conley was drafted entirely too high. Iavoroni had nothing to do with how bad Memphis has been this season, he had them off to a decent start and then began letting a really young group learn to play together. Of course there were going to be growing pains!
chiefrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Maybe we should give Conley a chance but if we really have the chance to get a better player in Sessions for Conley alone why not do it? Sessions is a great playmaker and more vocal than Conley and can consistently score. He'd make us alot better.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
derf
Learning to shoot layups

i agree conley was a mid to late second rounder at best.i hope our new coach can see he is not good.from my understanding most of the players didnt like ivaronis coaching and now hes gone they talked the talk now they need to walk the walk.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 AM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Haha, first game without Iavaroni and Conley scores 18 points. He's also been averaging 12 points over the last 4 games. Let's hope he can keep this up.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #11
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Haha, first game without Iavaroni and Conley scores 18 points. He's also been averaging 12 points over the last 4 games. Let's hope he can keep this up.
He came out blazing. He had 10 in the first quarter. We need for him to continue to be aggressive like this.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
i agree conley was a mid to late second rounder at best.i hope our new coach can see he is not good.from my understanding most of the players didnt like ivaronis coaching and now hes gone they talked the talk now they need to walk the walk.

Mid to late second rounder at best? What the hell are you talking about. Players take time to develop. There are only a certain few players that are immediately succesful. This is the problem with our fan base, they are to impatient.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #13
derf
Learning to shoot layups

mark my words conley is an average player he can be a decent backup but a starter please .authur isnt playing to good but you dont see me complaining about him.conley sucks thats just my opinion for the teams sake i hope im wrong
Old 01-26-2009, 02:56 AM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
mark my words conley is an average player he can be a decent backup but a starter please .authur isnt playing to good but you dont see me complaining about him.conley sucks thats just my opinion for the teams sake i hope im wrong

Please explain to me why he suck. He is like barely over 20 years old and is avg almost 10ppg 5apg and hits a fair ammount of threes. He is not great but he shows alot of promise.

Name your favorite poing guards. ANd im sure almost none of them were great from the start.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #15
derf
Learning to shoot layups

1 chris paul 2 deron williams 3devin harris those are my favorite young point guards
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: