Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on pace for the second worst 3 point shooting season in history!

Really 30% 3p% isn't even a terrible shot though. It translates to 45% normal fg% Not good, but more efficient then the average jumper Kobe takes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on pace for the second worst 3 point shooting season in history!

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo
    As always Kobe homers seem to have a hard time dealing with the truth.
    What? That you're an incoherent babbling retard.. I'm dealing with the truth just fine.. this shit was so poorly written and presented that it's not even worth responding to

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    No, that'd be Dirk.

Who give's a sh*t about such statistics anyway? His team's still 2nd seed in the tough West, Kobe's putting up good, but not special numbers. Yeah, he has declined, but he's still able to win games or even whole series on his own.
    Definetely.I hope one day stats-mania will die.Kobe is fine with or without such record..Iverson in 05 was fine too,so even kobe breaks it, doesn't mean much.He is slightly declining but thats normal cos of his age.He is still one of best at league.That matters.

I'm guessing people don't actually watch Laker games.

His 3 point shots that come within the offense, I'd be willing to bet he shoots at a pretty good clip.

It's when his teammates throw him the ball with less than four seconds left on the shot clock and he has to bail them out. I'd bet those are much lower percentage.

Also, Kobe will always throw up a half-court buzzer beater where as some players like LeBron and Wade who care about their stats will just hold the ball and throw it up right after the buzzer to look like they "tried."

This season Kobe is avoiding the 3pt shot at all costs, even if hes open he will try to fake and go around the incoming defender. He only shoots the 3 in bail out situations.

Very good NBA starter

some of the kobe haters could work research for ESPN if they put their effort in that direction. "Rajon Rondo tops the all time list in assists per game for players who have played at least 34 games, have scored 17 points less than 40% of the time, and have only played 6 games on Sundays." -ESPN

Learning to shoot layups Yao Ming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1

"Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins"

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    some of the kobe haters could work research for ESPN if they put their effort in that direction. "Rajon Rondo tops the all time list in assists per game for players who have played at least 34 games, have scored 17 points less than 40% of the time, and have only played 6 games on Sundays." -ESPN
    Yup. Except for that bit about the Lakers coaching staff saying as recently as last night [per john ireland kcal telecast] that shooting has been a real problem for this year's team. Is Phil Jackson a Kobe hater who could work for ESPN?
    SO.. yea this is relevant to the current status of the lakers. The historical bit at the end adds a touch of perspective. Doesn't mean kobe sucks but it is worth taking note of.

It's because 75% of Kobe's shots are tough turnaround jumpers that would be ridiculously different and low % for most other NBA players. FG%, 3FG% or whatever ever % you want to find isn't everything. .Shaq is shooting nearly 60% from the field, you want to tell me Shaq is a better shooter than kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Really 30% 3p% isn't even a terrible shot though. It translates to 45% normal fg% Not good, but more efficient then the average jumper Kobe takes.
    30% from 3 is negative production in the NBA unless you rebound offensively maybe +40% of the rebounds that comes from those 3pt attempts.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

It's not like he's been inefficient this year. His mediocre three point shooting is just a result of him having to take so many with a hand in his face, since he doesn't play next to a point guard who can drive and dish. Put him on Boston or Orlando and he'll shoot 37%, 38% and we won't be having this conversation.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Exactly. This isn't Baron Davis or Antoine Walker territory that he's in, he's not hurting his team by taking that shot.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I'm guessing people don't actually watch Laker games.

His 3 point shots that come within the offense, I'd be willing to bet he shoots at a pretty good clip.

It's when his teammates throw him the ball with less than four seconds left on the shot clock and he has to bail them out. I'd bet those are much lower percentage.

Also, Kobe will always throw up a half-court buzzer beater where as some players like LeBron and Wade who care about their stats will just hold the ball and throw it up right after the buzzer to look like they "tried."
    this is not true at all . .Wade is always throwing up shots because the shot clock is running down. Lebron too.

Wade would be shooting great from 3 too if he didnt have to take those bailout shots .. but that is a homer excuse because EVERY player that puts up a lot of shots for his team and handles the ball a lot is in that situation.

Kobes not an exception .. hess just shooting poorly from 3 this year.. but pretty well overall from the field.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    this is not true at all . .Wade is always throwing up shots because the shot clock is running down. Lebron too.
    I'm not talking about shot clock buzzer; Wade and LeBron bail their teams out too.

I'm talking about half-court heaves at quarter-buzzers. Wade and LeBron always hold the ball. Always.

I usually hit open layups Laker19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    Serious question: Do you guys ever bring up stats and per in real life discussions about basketball? Because never have my friends and I ever talked about per. In fact I think I'm the only one that even knows what it is just because I'm on this forum.
    I asked this question on another board with someone who only uses statistics
    never got a response

but seriously I'd probably walk away if someone brought that crap up